Americans are Idiots

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Dallas
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Americans are Idiots

Post by Dallas »

I had a substitute teacher tell my class that he was subbing for a 9 grade english class. Perhaps at my school, but nonetheless, not ONE of them even knew how to read, and if they could it was horrible. So, I think here in about 35 years, assuming Christ doesn't come back :P, that America is down the drain.
Vigilate super me Dominus

Down the road i'll hit many bumps, but as long as you're driving Lord, i'll be fine.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by bippy123 »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Short1 wrote:Something I plan on doing after college is living in a tiny house. Hop on Youtube and type in 'tiny houses' and you'll get an idea of what the movement is. Very eco friendly, puts a limit on material addiction, and personally I don't want a mortgage or a lack of free time.

Just a plug for my idea of doing your part to conserve. : ] Not for everyone though.
I liked America better when she was rich and powerful and had a strong moral compass. Her citizens used to dream of big homes with swimming pools and two cars in the garage. When you got rid of God you got rid of all the blessing your country had. Go ahead...dream of your tiny house! Why not go completely green and live under a bridge in a cardboard box? y8-X = y**==

(I have a tiny house too! It's called a motorhome.)

FL

Great subject folks, and you hit the nail right on the head when you said moral compass. Without that compass how can tell what is objectively good and objectively bad. Without a transcendent being (God) you simply can't . The problem here is that moral relativism that is coming from Hollywood and the media is being engrained into our younger generation and it's frightening.

I once asked a moral relativist who makes up morality in such a worldview, and be responded by saying society does. What if society believed that gassing 6 million people in ww2 was right I asked. He had no response. Moral relativism leads only to chaos, genocide, lust, greed and abuse of power. If man has learned nothing it's that absolute power corrupts absolutely. When we ignore Gods moral laws engrained into our hearts (the ten commandments among others) man is capable of any atrocity. Look at hitler, Stalin,Lenin, pol pot and mao.
What hitler did to the Jewish people still effects them till now.
I had a coworker once talk to me about how her grandfather was a survivor of the Nazi concentration camps with tears in her eyes. Now if she felt that way imagine what her grandfather feels like.

I think that alot if people if faith in our great nation are being to lackadaisical about how the seculars ate trying to erase faith from our nation. I sure am glad that we still have people like Richard Deem and the people here on this forum that understand this. We also need more people of strong faith and convictions in our educational systems and in politics.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

bippy123 wrote: I once asked a moral relativist who makes up morality in such a worldview, and be responded by saying society does. What if society believed that gassing 6 million people in ww2 was right I asked. He had no response. Moral relativism leads only to chaos, genocide, lust, greed and abuse of power. If man has learned nothing it's that absolute power corrupts absolutely. When we ignore Gods moral laws engrained into our hearts (the ten commandments among others) man is capable of any atrocity. Look at hitler, Stalin,Lenin, pol pot and mao.
What hitler did to the Jewish people still effects them till now.
I had a coworker once talk to me about how her grandfather was a survivor of the Nazi concentration camps with tears in her eyes. Now if she felt that way imagine what her grandfather feels like.

I think that alot if people if faith in our great nation are being to lackadaisical about how the seculars ate trying to erase faith from our nation. I sure am glad that we still have people like Richard Deem and the people here on this forum that understand this. We also need more people of strong faith and convictions in our educational systems and in politics.
Thank you bibby... We are trying our best.. ;)
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Hmmm ... has anyone put together that perhaps it's the American Dream of the big house and swimming pool that has driven some of where America is now and that "Christian values" rooted in personal wealth and power have more to do with Ayn Rand and secular economists that anything Jesus ever personally had to say about wealth?
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Canuckster1127 wrote:Hmmm ... has anyone put together that perhaps it's the American Dream of the big house and swimming pool that has driven some of where America is now and that "Christian values" rooted in personal wealth and power have more to do with Ayn Rand and secular economists that anything Jesus ever personally had to say about wealth?
I'm in the market for a new car. I've narrowed down my selection to one of two cars: the Aston Martin Rapide or the Rolls Royce Phantom. My heart yearns for the Aston Martin but my head tells me to buy the Rolls Royce because I'll need a big car to live in after selling my home in order to buy it.

Living beyond one's means year after year after year - living on credit - is never good. The American Dream never promoted this, right? As for Ayn Rand, when Americans started listening to a Russian atheist's ideas, is it any wonder that no good can come of that?

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bippy123 »

Gman, your very welcome. I started lurking on this site a few years back and it's really amazing how I found it during my darkest nights. You guys are a beacon of light on the net:)
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

bippy123 wrote:Gman, your very welcome. I started lurking on this site a few years back and it's really amazing how I found it during my darkest nights. You guys are a beacon of light on the net:)
Thanks Bibby.. I think you are too for us as well. Where else would we expose our wacky ideas? ;)
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8