What Am I to do?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Reactionary
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: What Am I to do?

Post by Reactionary »

Callisto wrote:
Dallas wrote:In the recent weeks, I have felt more alone than ever. I have an idea why, but I just can't accept it. For the past 5 years I have done the same thing over and over. Get up, go to school, come home then nothing. It's getting old, and I'm starting to hate my life. I don't want to live anymore, it seems I can't do anything with it. I regret everything that I have become and what I have done. I don't know why I feel like this, it's not like anything bad has happened.
This is exactly me. Except I'm going on to my sixth year of college, and I'm going to be doing graduate school in January and really don't want to but feel forced into it. :/ Society stresses me out and I don't want to do any of this. I have no control in anything. It's not that anything bad happened to me either, but I'm NOT HAPPY. Maybe I'll just take a semester off and then wait to see if I get matched to an internship in April. If I don't I think I'll just say "screw it" and take my dietetic technician exam and get paid less and such. I've had enough of school.
Never mind Dallas. He's a bit of a drama queen. You know, likes to overemphasize stuff. :mrgreen:
Got friendzoned by a girl (by acting against my advice 8) ) so his world broke apart. He's a good guy, a bit too idealistic for my tastes, but I think he's on the right path nevertheless. ;)

Now, where was I? Right - what about you, Callisto? What do you think is the source of your lack of happiness? You said that there is no apparent reason for it. I think it's because you're a sensitive person (probably an Idealist temperament, introverted, either INFJ or INFP personality type according to MBTI, if you ask me). So people like you - and I know what I'm talking about because I'm similar - are altruistic and don't really like the way things currently are in our society. That's fine, but you shouldn't let external issues affect your health and personal happiness. Found your own microworld as I call it, which will incorporate only people and things you (can) affect and interact with. If we all tortured ourselves by worrying about all the evil that happens in our world, we'd break apart. Besides, there's no point in that. Live an example, trust God and that's that - you can't change the world by yourself...

Unless there's something else on your mind. If there is, I'd gladly try to help.
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
Callisto
Established Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Callisto »

Reactionary wrote:
Callisto wrote:
Dallas wrote:In the recent weeks, I have felt more alone than ever. I have an idea why, but I just can't accept it. For the past 5 years I have done the same thing over and over. Get up, go to school, come home then nothing. It's getting old, and I'm starting to hate my life. I don't want to live anymore, it seems I can't do anything with it. I regret everything that I have become and what I have done. I don't know why I feel like this, it's not like anything bad has happened.
This is exactly me. Except I'm going on to my sixth year of college, and I'm going to be doing graduate school in January and really don't want to but feel forced into it. :/ Society stresses me out and I don't want to do any of this. I have no control in anything. It's not that anything bad happened to me either, but I'm NOT HAPPY. Maybe I'll just take a semester off and then wait to see if I get matched to an internship in April. If I don't I think I'll just say "screw it" and take my dietetic technician exam and get paid less and such. I've had enough of school.
Never mind Dallas. He's a bit of a drama queen. You know, likes to overemphasize stuff. :mrgreen:
Got friendzoned by a girl (by acting against my advice 8) ) so his world broke apart. He's a good guy, a bit too idealistic for my tastes, but I think he's on the right path nevertheless. ;)

Now, where was I? Right - what about you, Callisto? What do you think is the source of your lack of happiness? You said that there is no apparent reason for it. I think it's because you're a sensitive person (probably an Idealist temperament, introverted, either INFJ or INFP personality type according to MBTI, if you ask me). So people like you - and I know what I'm talking about because I'm similar - are altruistic and don't really like the way things currently are in our society. That's fine, but you shouldn't let external issues affect your health and personal happiness. Found your own microworld as I call it, which will incorporate only people and things you (can) affect and interact with. If we all tortured ourselves by worrying about all the evil that happens in our world, we'd break apart. Besides, there's no point in that. Live an example, trust God and that's that - you can't change the world by yourself...

Unless there's something else on your mind. If there is, I'd gladly try to help.
No friendzoning here. :shakehead:

Onto the happiness thing... I should not have implied that I was UNHAPPY, just not happy - kind of an indifference. It really is an annoyance at society and human nature in general, which I can't change, but am forced to live with. And how did you know I was INFJ? Sneaky. Couldn't have been something I said! :lol:

A lot of it is just frustration in trying to get the job I want and seeing barriers go up. But I'll deal with it and get another job, I guess.
Reactionary
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Reactionary »

Callisto wrote:No friendzoning here. :shakehead:
You don't end up in the friendzone, or you don't friendzone yourself? :D
Callisto wrote:And how did you know I was INFJ? Sneaky. Couldn't have been something I said! :lol:
I'm an INTJ. "N" stands for iNtuition. :mrgreen:
Callisto wrote:A lot of it is just frustration in trying to get the job I want and seeing barriers go up. But I'll deal with it and get another job, I guess.
I'll respond with this graph:
http://www.indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx?v=74&c=hr&c=us&l=en
Now you can see how I feel... :shock:
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary