YECs and dinosaurs

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: YECs and dinosaurs

Post by Ivellious »

Just curious, KBC, but doesn't the coelacanth actually support the concept of fish and land animals being related?
KBCid
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by KBCid »

Ivellious wrote:Just curious, KBC, but doesn't the coelacanth actually support the concept of fish and land animals being related?
I have not yet had one walk up to me and provide any evidence yet nor, is there any evidence that doesn't require imagination from the fossil record. However, coelacanth is purported to back the evolutionists hypothesis that molecules to man is a reality even though the greater part of the hypothesis is entirely within the minds of those seeking to make it reality.
It is as if some Christians sit there and wait for the smallest thing that they can dispute and then jump onto it...
The Bible says that we were each given an interpretation – this gift of interpretation is not there so we can run each other into the ground. It is there for our MUTUAL edification.
//www.allaboutgod.net/profiles/blogs/chri ... each-other
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

OK. Then answer this: Does the coelecanth appear to be a legitimate transition between fish and land creatures?

The only way that this example helps support human evolution is by extension. By having examples like this, we can create evolutionary chains of species. When you have numerous chains that are supported by the fossil record and genetics, that helps solidify the Theory. Human evolution is one such chain that has been constructed. So, basically, the coelecanth example does not directly support human evolution, but it certainly supports evolution as a whole.
KBCid
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by KBCid »

Ivellious wrote:OK. Then answer this: Does the coelecanth appear to be a legitimate transition between fish and land creatures?
If you hold an a priori belief that such a change can occur to begin with... but of course then nothing is beyond evolutionary power to form if you believe it hard enough.
Ivellious wrote:The only way that this example helps support human evolution is by extension.
It helps to extend the initial imaginary possibility.
Ivellious wrote:By having examples like this, we can create evolutionary chains of species. When you have numerous chains that are supported by the fossil record and genetics, that helps solidify the Theory. Human evolution is one such chain that has been constructed. So, basically, the coelecanth example does not directly support human evolution, but it certainly supports evolution as a whole.
By believing that such and example is realistic then it supports other imaginary chains. My kids imagine that they can fly to the moon in a cardboard box... maybe if we can get enough kids together who believe it as well then we can make it a real science just like evolution.
It is as if some Christians sit there and wait for the smallest thing that they can dispute and then jump onto it...
The Bible says that we were each given an interpretation – this gift of interpretation is not there so we can run each other into the ground. It is there for our MUTUAL edification.
//www.allaboutgod.net/profiles/blogs/chri ... each-other