Am I doing right?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
MAGSolo
Valued Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male

Re: Am I doing right?

Post by MAGSolo »

Gman wrote:
MAGSolo wrote:You said you dont challenge the bibles authority; why not? Why do you think the bible is the word of God, other than because that is what you have been told? If you were raised in the middle east, you would have been raised believing the Quran is the word of God. Being told that something is something doesnt make it so. As far as things like getting drunk and going down on girls being wrong, the bible was written by ancient, mostly uneducated men thousands of years ago. The bible has some good notions of right and wrong, but it is hardly the paragon of moral and ethical guidelines. I would certainly advise against drunkenness, because I personally feel that situations where you basically completely lack control of your emotions and senses are not good but I advise this out of common sense, not because its in the bible.
That's a joke of a response... These weren't just ordinary people who wrote the Bible... God is the one who wrote the Bible through His holy people.

2 Peter 1:20-21 For YOU know this first, that no prophecy of Scripture springs from any private interpretation. 21 For prophecy was at no time brought by man's will, but men spoke from God as they were borne along by holy spirit.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

More here:

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetic ... rigin.html
So the bible is inspired by God because the bible says it is inspired by God?
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

MAGSolo wrote: So the bible is inspired by God because the bible says it is inspired by God?
That's right... And when you understand the mechanics of scripture and apply it to your life you will see the reality of it..
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

MAGSolo wrote:So the bible is inspired by God because the bible says it is inspired by God?
You've been given a plausible answer multiple times. That you don't think it satisfies your curiosity is on you.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
MAGSolo
Valued Member

Post by MAGSolo »

Gman wrote:
MAGSolo wrote: So the bible is inspired by God because the bible says it is inspired by God?
That's right... And when you understand the mechanics of scripture and apply it to your life you will see the reality of it..
No thats not right. Something cannot be so just because it says its so.
MAGSolo
Valued Member

Post by MAGSolo »

Byblos wrote:
MAGSolo wrote:So the bible is inspired by God because the bible says it is inspired by God?
You've been given a plausible answer multiple times. That you don't think it satisfies your curiosity is on you.
No I havent, nobody was able to give a plausible answer for why the bible was inspired by God.
Zionist
Established Member

Post by Zionist »

maggy, maggy maggy. let me ask you some questions. what purpose do you have being in existence? have you ever sat back and thought is there more to life than what is here? is it random that you are you and unique and that no matter how anyone can have similarities to you they are not you have you ever pondered why it is this way? i know you don't believe but God does know we all wonder and think. God would love to reveal the answers to the real questions in your mind but first you must honsetly seek them. Matthew 7:7-8. maybe you're having a tough time recognizing that you are just a sinner like us all and that by acknowledging God you must acknowledge your own moral dilemmas, whatever the case may be i don't know as i am not you but like you are trying to tell others to think i am suggesting the same to you. 1 Thessalonians 5:21. do some honest research and put God's word to the test. test it scientifically, archaeologically and philosophically.
Our rightousness is of filthy rags and in the eyes of God all have gone astray and nobody is justified under the Law. We are saved by the Grace of God through our faith in Him and in Him who he has sent Jesus Christ alone. There is no other way.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

MAGSolo wrote:
Byblos wrote:
No I havent, nobody was able to give a plausible answer for why the bible was inspired by God.
Here they are again for the record (and for the last time). If you have a problem with any one of them go back and resurrect the threads where we discussed them.

1. Bible is God's word because Jesus said so and Jesus proved who he is.
2. Bible's historicity
3. Bible's prophecy fulfillment

Like I said, most historians and literary folks accept these even if they don't accept Christianity or theism in general. Evidently you are the exception. But then again I would venture to guess you are neither a historian nor a literary person. But I could be wrong.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

MAGSolo wrote:
Gman wrote:
No... It IS right. How do you know? By walking in Torah. That is always how you prove it. And how do you walk in Torah? That is for you to understand and figure out...
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

MAGSolo wrote:
Gman wrote:
Mag, then apply that to ur own statement.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
MAGSolo
Valued Member

Post by MAGSolo »

Gman wrote:
MAGSolo wrote:
Gman wrote:
No... It IS right. How do you know? By walking in Torah. That is always how you prove it. And how do you walk in Torah? That is for you to understand and figure out...
No, it isnt right?
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

MAGSolo wrote:
Gman wrote:
MAGSolo wrote:
Gman wrote:
No, it isnt right?

I am confused, is this a statement or a question.

If it is a statement it is just an opinion, like Jlay said, apply your own previous statement to this.
Something cannot be so just because it says its so

Or in my words, Something cannot be so just because Magsolo says it is so.
If it is a question it makes little or no sense at all.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
MAGSolo
Valued Member

Post by MAGSolo »

It was a statement. I dont know why a put a question mark. Anyway claims made are not true just by virtue of the claim being made. The bible is not the word of God just because it says it is. The Quran also claims to be the word of God so do you think the Quran is the word of God simply because it says it is? It is said that the Quran has no errors or contradictions while the bible is full of errors and contradictions that must be explained. Numerous reasons and excuses have been given for the many contradictions in the bible but yet the Quran does not have these problems, and as I said earlier, we would expect a book that was the one true word of God, to not be filled with contradictions, errors, problems of translations and other problems.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

MAGSolo wrote:It was a statement. I dont know why a put a question mark. Anyway claims made are not true just by virtue of the claim being made. The bible is not the word of God just because it says it is. The Quran also claims to be the word of God so do you think the Quran is the word of God simply because it says it is? It is said that the Quran has no errors or contradictions while the bible is full of errors and contradictions that must be explained. Numerous reasons and excuses have been given for the many contradictions in the bible but yet the Quran does not have these problems, and as I said earlier, we would expect a book that was the one true word of God, to not be filled with contradictions, errors, problems of translations and other problems.
Yet another claim that was answered multiple times. It's a complete waste of time interacting with you.

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Byblos wrote:
MAGSolo wrote:It was a statement. I dont know why a put a question mark. Anyway claims made are not true just by virtue of the claim being made. The bible is not the word of God just because it says it is. The Quran also claims to be the word of God so do you think the Quran is the word of God simply because it says it is? It is said that the Quran has no errors or contradictions while the bible is full of errors and contradictions that must be explained. Numerous reasons and excuses have been given for the many contradictions in the bible but yet the Quran does not have these problems, and as I said earlier, we would expect a book that was the one true word of God, to not be filled with contradictions, errors, problems of translations and other problems.
Yet another claim that was answered multiple times. It's a complete waste of time interacting with you.

Yep I got sucked in again, sigh. :shakehead:

Magsolo your posted questions are explained on the main site, stop asking the same questions and making the same assertions and go and research it for yourself.

Mark 8:18 “You have eyes and do not see and you have ears and you do not hear, neither do you remember.”
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.