The trouble question

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: The trouble question

Post by Byblos »

1stjohn0666 wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:God can't make a round square either.
Ask your atheist friend to define omnipotence.
I can make a square round LOL
Then forgive us o holy one y[-o<

:pound:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Just ask if God can do jhskljdghfushgjnj <say some nonsensical gibberish>

God's power only entails He can do all that He puts His mind to doing. Doing things that make sense.

Things that don't make sense are nonsense. They're not "things" they're "nothings".

All nonsense questions prove is that nonsense remains nonsense even when you talk it about God.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:Just ask if God can do jhskljdghfushgjnj <say some nonsensical gibberish>

God's power only entails He can do all that He puts His mind to doing. Doing things that make sense.

Things that don't make sense are nonsense. They're not "things" they're "nothings".

All nonsense questions prove is that nonsense remains nonsense even when you talk it about God.
Kurieuo, if God can't do "jhskljdghfushgjnj", then clearly He's not omnipotent. y[-(
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by bippy123 »

RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Just ask if God can do jhskljdghfushgjnj <say some nonsensical gibberish>

Kurieuo, if God can't do "jhskljdghfushgjnj", then clearly He's not omnipotent. y[-(

:pound: