More facts

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
Domenic
Established Member
Christian: Yes

Re: More facts

Post by Domenic »

I do not believe in the trinity. Jesus has the keys to life, and death. father is who say can, and can't go to Jesus...John 6:44
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Domenic wrote:I do not believe in the trinity. Jesus has the keys to life, and death. father is who say can, and can't go to Jesus...John 6:44
Do you believe Jesus is God?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

RickD wrote:
Domenic wrote:I do not believe in the trinity. Jesus has the keys to life, and death. father is who say can, and can't go to Jesus...John 6:44
1 Colossians 1:15 "He is the image of the invisible God, the first born of all creation. 16 because by means of him all other things were created in heaven, and on earth."

Does this answer your question? Jesus is not the Father...God the father was never born. Jesus was.
Lonewolf
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Lonewolf »

Domenic wrote:...Would you like me to prove your religion false? If so, just give me a list of things you believe.
GOD is my Redeemer., there is no one else True

GOD is my Saviour., there is no one else Perfect

GOD is Life., there is no other Life besides Him
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Domenic wrote:
RickD wrote:
1 Colossians 1:15 "He is the image of the invisible God, the first born of all creation. 16 because by means of him all other things were created in heaven, and on earth."

Does this answer your question? Jesus is not the Father...God the father was never born. Jesus was.
No, that doesn't answer my question. I didn't ask if Jesus was the Father. I asked you if you believe Jesus is God.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

RickD wrote:
Domenic wrote:
RickD wrote:

No, that doesn't answer my question. I didn't ask if Jesus was the Father. I asked you if you believe Jesus is God.
Do you think there is a difference?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Domenic wrote:
RickD wrote:
Domenic wrote:
RickD wrote:
Domenic wrote:I do not believe in the trinity. Jesus has the keys to life, and death. father is who say can, and can't go to Jesus...<a class="rtBibleRef" href="http://biblia.com/bible/nasb95/John%206.44" data-reference="John 6.44" data-version="nasb95" data-purpose="bible-reference" target="_blank">John 6:44</a>
1 <a class="rtBibleRef" href="http://biblia.com/bible/nasb95/Colossians%201.15" data-reference="Colossians 1.15" data-version="nasb95" data-purpose="bible-reference" target="_blank">Colossians 1:15</a> "He is the image of the invisible God, the first born of all creation. 16 because by means of him all other things were created in heaven, and on earth."

Do you think there is a difference?
Are you having trouble answering? It's not difficult. Do you believe Jesus Christ is God, or not?

-Edward R Murrow

Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

No I 'm not having trouble answering. But it seem you are having trouble understanding my reply. I said;
"Does this answer your question? Jesus is not the Father...God the father was never born. Jesus was.[/quote]
Let me break that down for you.

God is the Father. Father was never born.
Jesus was born.
If father was never born, and Jesus was born...that would mean they are not the same person.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

Domenic wrote:No I 'm not having trouble answering. But it seem you are having trouble understanding my reply. I said;
"Does this answer your question? Jesus is not the Father...God the father was never born. Jesus was.

Jesus was born.
If father was never born, and Jesus was born...that would mean they are not the same person.
Domenic, if you think Jesus is not God, look at the Bible verses here please http://www.bugman123.com/Bible/JesusIsGod.html
Do you still think Jesus is not God, because that it seems you think.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Domenic wrote:No I 'm not having trouble answering. But it seem you are having trouble understanding my reply. I said;
"Does this answer your question? Jesus is not the Father...God the father was never born. Jesus was.

Jesus was born.
You are avoiding an answer. You already said you don't believe in the Trinity. Trinitarians believe that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all God, and are all separate persons.

So, one can believe that Jesus is God, and Jesus is not the Father.

It seems like you are saying Jesus is NOT God. But since I don't want to wrongly assume what you're saying, I'd like you to answer directly with a simple yes or no answer, which you seem to be avoiding. Is Jesus Christ God? Yes or no?

-Edward R Murrow

Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

RickD wrote:

Jesus was born.
You are avoiding an answer. You already said you don't believe in the Trinity. Trinitarians believe that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all God, and are all separate persons.

It seems like you are saying Jesus is NOT God. But since I don't want to wrongly assume what you're saying, I'd like you to answer directly with a simple yes or no answer, which you seem to be avoiding. Is Jesus Christ God? Yes or no?
Does Jesus have the title God? Yes...Satan also has the Title God. The Bible says there are many Gods, and many Lords.
Corinthians 8:5
There is only one God the Father. Jesus is the first born of all creation...I fail to see why you can't understand that?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Domenic wrote:
RickD wrote:

Jesus was born.

Does Jesus have the title God? Yes...Satan also has the Title God. The Bible says there are many Gods, and many Lords.
Corinthians 8:5
There is only one God the Father. Jesus is the first born of all creation...I fail to see why you can't understand that?
There is one God, and one Lord. There are many gods and many lords. See the difference?

I'm going to ask you again. Is Jesus Christ God? Yes or no.

-Edward R Murrow

1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

I looked at 1 Corinthians 8:6
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

Hmm. Interesting.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

1over137 wrote:I looked at 1 Corinthians 8:6
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

Hmm. Interesting.
You should read Colossians 1: 1-15. This explains that Jesus is the son of God the Father, The first born of all creations, and through Jesus, the first of all creation, all other things were created.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Domenic wrote:
1over137 wrote:I looked at 1 Corinthians 8:6

Hmm. Interesting.
You should read Colossians 1: 1-15. This explains that Jesus is the son of God the Father, The first born of all creations, and through Jesus, the first of all creation, all other things were created.
And I have read this http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-Son-of-God.html about Jesus being the Son
And this http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-first-born.html about Jesus being the firstborn.

Jesus is God.

#foreverinmyheart