The Intolerance of those Supposedly Upset over It

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: The Intolerance of those Supposedly Upset over It

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

What I don't get is why do so many liberals dislike Christianity (or at least conservative Christianity), yet instead often support Islam (not the radical sects)?
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

RickD wrote:Do I dare ask why you haven't slept well in a year and a half?
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:What I don't get is why do so many liberals dislike Christianity (or at least conservative Christianity), yet instead often support Islam (not the radical sects)?
The United States is a bit more than half liberal and around 85% Christian, so the math just doesn't work for your contention that liberals don't like Christianity. Most of them are, in fact, Christians. As far as supporting Islam, I'm not sure what you mean. How do liberals support Islam?
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

edwardmurphy wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:What I don't get is why do so many liberals dislike Christianity (or at least conservative Christianity), yet instead often support Islam (not the radical sects)?
The United States is a bit more than half liberal and around 85% Christian, so the math just doesn't work for your contention that liberals don't like Christianity. Most of them are, in fact, Christians. As far as supporting Islam, I'm not sure what you mean. How do liberals support Islam?
It's just something I've noticed in the media. It seemed that a lot support Islam, or at least is neutral towards it, such as when terrorists attacked cities and what was done? Talk about more gun control (or that's what I learned-I guess I could be wrong). We've had Koran readings in class, or something like that, not where I'm at but in other places though, but in some of those places the bible couldn't be read-and yes it seemed these were public schools.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

If you want a line drawn, here it is: Islam is bad. Anything other than skeptical criticism of a bad ideology is bad.

Further reading material: https://www.google.com/#q=the+koran+pdf&*

See? Easy.