European Union

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

Don't get all in a huff, I was just throwing that out there! If it's not believed the antichrist will be a pope, maybe some believe the false prophet will be one instead.

And yes, if all true Christians are raptured pretrib, (or whatever the term is again,) then if the RCC all disappears and one is desired to be repeopled, then the RCC of the tribulation times could very easily be filled with nominal Christians or evil people seeking power! It's not hard to think of a pope being the false prophet in that scenario, especially if the Antichrist has any sway in who gets the pointy hat!
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

LittleShepherd wrote: Which is why nobody suggested it.
You must've missed her following post.
LittleShepherd wrote: You have no way to know that.
Yes I do, because not all the signs have come true. Even most ministers who focus on the end of days feel that we still have at least a few years to go.
LittleShepherd wrote: Like members of most religious faiths, the majority are lax in their practice. Surprise, surprise.
Which is why they won't blindly follow the Pope as you believe. Surprise, surprise.
LittleShepherd wrote: Sadly, you're right.
It's sad we don't have a theocracy?
So much for the founding fathers.
LittleShepherd wrote: The only religion that seems to be gaining any fervor nowadays is Islam.
That's radical Islam and once Islamic countries progress, they will abandon their theocratic regimes and become democracies like Turkey, Iraq, and Afghanistan.
LittleShepherd wrote: Then why mention that they're "not quite there yet" at all?
Because we aren't.
LittleShepherd wrote: And again I must ask why you brought it up at all.
Because some Christians want to focus on it a bit too much.
LittleShepherd wrote: Says who? I don't know about you, but I plan to be out of here by the time the antichrist is revealed and signs his treaty with Israel. That is a post-Rapture event, after all.
You know all there is to know about the Rapture? I doubt it.
Because some ministers feel that we'll all see at least some more suffering before Christ comes.
kateliz wrote:The pope may be the false prophet; how about that?
Are you for real?
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by kateliz »

ochotseat wrote:You must've missed her following post.
Huh! Note that you said "following"! That's just funny, ocho!
ochotseat wrote:Are you for real?
My answer:
Again, that's just funny ocho!
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

kateliz wrote: Note that you said "following"! That's just funny, ocho!
What are you on? :roll:
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by kateliz »

:lol:
Little Shepherd wrote:Which is why nobody suggested it.

Nobody had suggested it at the time you suggested it! Which is why you had to point out I suggested it in my following post! Little Shepherd was referring to the fact that you were the one to originally bring the topic up, but you're saying that when you brought it up first you did so because you knew that I'd bring it up later! I doubt that you're psychic, ocho, and it's funny you made it seem like we should know that you are!

Really, it was all just a misunderstanding, but it was funny the way it came out.
kateliz wrote:
ochotseat wrote:Are you for real?

My answer:

You answered your own question. That's what was funny there. Was I for real about the pope being the false prophet? You must have missed my following post!
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

kateliz wrote: Was I for real about the pope being the false prophet? You must have missed my following post!
You obviously were serious about it since you brought it up in more than one post. :lol:
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by kateliz »

Oh, so repsonding to false accusations means I'm obbessed with the issue? :)

But apart from any Bible study on who the false prophet could be or the exact position he'd be in, I would have to say that yes, I'm semi-serious on thinking the false prophet could be a pope. It's definetely something to consider, and would make sense for multiple reasons using basic logic.

That is what you wanted me to say, isn't it? :wink:
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

kateliz wrote:Oh
I would have to say that yes, I'm serious on thinking the false prophet could be a pope. It's definetely something to consider, and would make sense for multiple reasons using basic logic.
I doubt most Christians are neurotic enough to think the Pope's more dangerous than someone like Bin Laden.
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by kateliz »

Did I say it'd be the current pope? I guess I must have missed that post of mine!
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

kateliz wrote:Did I say it'd be the current pope? I guess I must have missed that post of mine!
So you're saying you know all there is to know about the Rapture? You can quit now.
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by kateliz »

:D Again, you're slamming me for the sake of slamming me!

And I assume you know all there is to know about everything you comment on? You can quit now, fellow hypocrite.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

kateliz wrote: Again, you're slamming me for the sake of slamming me!

And I assume you know all there is to know about everything you comment on? You can quit now, fellow hypocrite.
Don't accuse the leader of fellow Christians of being the anti-Christ unless you have copious evidence to back it.
LittleShepherd
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by LittleShepherd »

She didn't do that. Quit overreacting.

Kate merely stated that it would make sense for the "false prophet" to come from a high-up religious position, a la "The Pope." Not that it had to be the Pope, and especially not that it <B>would be</B> the current Pope.

You're reading what you want to read, though, so...whatever.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

LittleShepherd wrote:
She didn't do that. Quit overreacting.

She said she's "semi-serious on thinking the false prophet could be a pope."

You seem particularly fixated on this thread either because of the topic or because of Kate. :lol:
LittleShepherd
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by LittleShepherd »

"semi-serious on thinking the false prophet could be a pope."

You seem particularly fixated on this thread either because of the topic or because of Kate. :lol:
Emphasis on the ambiguous words. In other words, she's entertaining thoughts that the position of pope could be where the false prophet comes from. Of course, since we have no way of knowing when Jesus will return, it's only a thought for pondering. And since Christians will all go up in the Rapture, it's not like we'll be around to see anyway.

Also, a little logic would clear up some misunderstandings. If the Pope at the time is a Christian, then undoubtedly he'd be swept up in the Rapture as well. If that happened, then the position would be open for something not-so-Christian to step into it, potentailly using it as a springboard to false prophethood.

You still haven't shown where she said that the false prophet would be a Pope, though. Merely that he could(which is true, especially considering my above paragraph).

And you certainly haven't shown her to have said that the false prophet would be the current Pope. So no actual person has been slandered.