The evil within us

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: The evil within us

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
B. W. wrote:Heard there are a lot of klowns in Florida selling mountain view swamp beach front property...
RickD ain't a Klown no more! He's a football player!

Ever thought of recycling yourself as a realtor, Ricardo? You have all the prerequisites: you're personable, funny, intelligent...I could continue but your head might swell up!

The only problem I see is your 550HP Mustang. It has only two doors and is not suited to driving your clients around. I'm willing to trade my rusted beautiful 1998 Dodge Caravan in perfect running condition for your totally inappropriate teenmobile. I'm only thinking of your good.

FL y:D
Actually FL, I have given it a thought. But then I see that realtors have to have their phones on at all hours. They work too much. At least the successful ones do. But most importantly, realtors do open houses on Sundays. And Sunday is football day. I couldn't give up watching football just to make a living. :shakehead:

But the Caravan trade offer just may be enough to sway me. Let me get back to you. y:-?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Philip wrote:Wow, FL, that's about 19 percent of the world's countries! Sad! But unsurprising. Strange how a belief that commands sacrificial love, honesty and kindness to ALL is such a national security threat to so many nations. You'd almost think Christian were terrorists!
Yessir! And only 6 of the countries on the list are not populated by members of the so-called Religion of Peace. Antisemitic Christians take note!
And why would they be called the "religion of peace" if they weren't? :evilshaking:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Back to the map the nice people at http://www.persecution.com sent me. This time, let's look at nations described as "hostile" towards Christians. VOM defines "hostile" as such:

HOSTILE This includes areas in nations where governments declare freedom of religion in their laws or constitution but often stand at the sidelines when Christians are the victims of violence because of their identity or witness.

Columbia
Chiapas State, Mexico
Ethiopia
India
Indonesia
Lebanon
Mali
Mindanao State, Philippines
Nepal
Nigeria
Turkey

Finally, the following countries are classified as "Monitored":

MONITORED These are areas being closely monitored by VOM because of a trend towards increased persecution of Christians. The frequency and severity of persecution do not currently meet the criteria of the "hostile" category.

Bosnia and Herzegovina
Kenya
Ivory Coast
Liberia
Senegal
Sierra Leone
Tanzania (Zanzibar island classified as RESTRICTED)
Venezuela

If your country isn't on one of these lists, you are very blessed.

FL :sleep:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

There's a guy on a French-language Forum I visit who has answered this question asked by neo:
neo-x wrote:Why do you think the planes on 9/11 hit america and no other country?
Apparently, 9/11 was an Israeli plot backed by the USA. The main purpose was to promote war with Arab states and between Arab states. The advantage for the Israelis is that they could justify the continuing opression of the Palestinians. The advantage for the Americans is the extension of their imperialist hegemony in the Arab and the greater Muslim world. The Americans - and their French, British and German puppets - also benefit economically by selling weaponry to the Arab states! The subsequent attacks in London (bus bombing) Madrid (train bombing) Bali (nightclub bombing) Moscow (theater seige), and the more recent attacks in Ottawa, Sydney, Paris and Copenhagen were also orchestrated by Americans.

This guy writes from Algeria, so he must know what he's talking about.

FL y:-?
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:There's a guy on a French-language Forum I visit who has answered this question asked by neo:
neo-x wrote:Why do you think the planes on 9/11 hit america and no other country?
Apparently, 9/11 was an Israeli plot backed by the USA. The main purpose was to promote war with Arab states and between Arab states. The advantage for the Israelis is that they could justify the continuing opression of the Palestinians. The advantage for the Americans is the extension of their imperialist hegemony in the Arab and the greater Muslim world. The Americans - and their French, British and German puppets - also benefit economically by selling weaponry to the Arab states! The subsequent attacks in London (bus bombing) Madrid (train bombing) Bali (nightclub bombing) Moscow (theater seige), and the more recent attacks in Ottawa, Sydney, Paris and Copenhagen were also orchestrated by Americans.

This guy writes from Algeria, so he must know what he's talking about.

FL y:-?
Wow! That's shocking. If you say it's true FL, I believe it.

I gotta run to the post office to ship out a bunch of stuff I sold to a guy in Nigeria. It was too good of a deal to pass up. He sent me a check even before he received my stuff. Those Nigerians sure are nice. My faith in humanity is renewed. :D
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:Wow! That's shocking. If you say it's true FL, I believe it.
Yes, it is true for a lot of Muslims, as well as for many, many Christians who have swallowed the lies that go around in the Muslim community.

I was watching a news report on France's TF2 channel. The reporter was interviewing young Muslims in high school, vocational colleges and universities. The consensus among these French citizens was that the recent attacks on Charlie Hebdo and the kosher market Hyper Cacher were unfortunate but understandable! "Understandable" because those who promote caricatures of the Prophet must be punished, and understandable because the Zionist domination of the world naturally attracts reprisals. Can such a mindset get any more evil?

That's like blaming the rape victim because her skirt was too short.

FL y~o)

+ + +

+ + +
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:Wow! That's shocking. If you say it's true FL, I believe it.
Yes, it is true for a lot of Muslims, as well as for many, many Christians who have swallowed the lies that go around in the Muslim community.

I was watching a news report on France's TF2 channel. The reporter was interviewing young Muslims in high school, vocational colleges and universities. The consensus among these French citizens was that the recent attacks on Charlie Hebdo and the kosher market Hyper Cacher were unfortunate but understandable! "Understandable" because those who promote caricatures of the Prophet must be punished, and understandable because the Zionist domination of the world naturally attracts reprisals. Can such a mindset get any more evil?

That's like blaming the rape victim because her skirt was too short.

FL y~o)
That is all very unfortunate.

The lies / ignorance and general craziness required of Christian yecs is no less extreme.

Im glad they've not been called to rise and kill all the
atheists, but I dont think they're any more grounded than those
above-mentioned moslems, and I'd never trust them to be.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Audie, I'm wondering...
I think we all hold some silly beliefs.
Doesn't mean (I hope) that all our beliefs can't be trusted

But, if you don't mind sharing... what would you consider your own most silly belief/s?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Audie wrote:The lies / ignorance and general craziness required of Christian yecs is no less extreme.
Nope, that's a gross exaggeration! :pound: I'm YEC and I don't go around slitting people's throats. However, I do agree that a lot of YECs who come here to post are real fruitcakes. I'm not sure why those YEC nutjobs exist but I suspect it is for the same reason that KJV Onlyists and Tongue Talkers and Holy Healers, et cetera are also disagreeable: twisted hermeneutics + pride = a stinking combination.

Anyway, linking Christian nutjobs with djihadi murderers is melodramatic. You alluded to this implicitly with your own words:
Audie wrote:Im glad [YECs have] not been called to rise and kill all the atheists,
That can't happen. Christianity isn't like that.

Atheism is punishable by death in most of the countries listed as Restricted by persecution.com...Avijit Roy the American atheist was killed by djihadis in Dacca. How soon we forget!

FL y~o)

+ + +

+ + +
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Kurieuo wrote:Audie, I'm wondering...

But, if you don't mind sharing... what would you consider your own most silly belief/s?
That yec is curable?

Nah, just being mean there. I dunno! Good q. I will think about it.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Audie wrote:

That yec is curable?

It's a strange question when I think about it.
I know what some people would perceive my silliest beliefs as being.
But then, if I thought I held to a silly belief would I hold it really? y:-?

God, someone shoot my brain to stop it thinking.

Maybe you're just perfect. ;)
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Audie wrote:The lies / ignorance and general craziness required of Christian yecs is no less extreme.
Nope, that's a gross exaggeration! :pound: I'm YEC and I don't go around slitting people's throats. However, I do agree that a lot of YECs who come here to post are real fruitcakes. I'm not sure why those YEC nutjobs exist but I suspect it is for the same reason that KJV Onlyists and Tongue Talkers and Holy Healers, et cetera are also disagreeable: twisted hermeneutics + pride = a stinking combination.

Anyway, linking Christian nutjobs with djihadi murderers is melodramatic. You alluded to this implicitly with your own words:
Audie wrote:Im glad [YECs have] not been called to rise and kill all the atheists,

Atheism is punishable by death in most of the countries listed as Restricted by persecution.com...Avijit Roy the American atheist was killed by djihadis in Dacca. How soon we forget!

FL y~o)
No stick in your eye intended FL. I shouldnt say and scoot
but Ive a paper to finish. I think when we talk it thru we will
find we see it the same way.

As orfing annie would say, tomorrow... its only a day away.

xm
Last edited by Audie on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Kurieuo wrote:
Audie wrote:

That yec is curable?

It's a strange question when I think about it.
I know what some people would perceive my silliest beliefs as being.
But then, if I thought I held to a silly belief would I hold it really? y:-?

God, someone shoot my brain to stop it thinking.

Maybe you're just perfect. ;)
Perfect and "Ms Perfect" are not nearly the same thing.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

FL y~o)
I dont really think the denial and negligence involved is in fact a bit less extreme.
I know that is not a popular statement with those who hold to yec belief, but, you or others might like to give at least a moments consideration, be given pause if only so little, maybe, she is right?

I intend no linkage with those who commit or advocate violence. There is no linkage.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Audie wrote:I dont really think the denial and negligence involved is in fact a bit less extreme.I know that is not a popular statement with those who hold to yec belief, but, you or others might like to give at least a moments consideration, be given pause if only so little, maybe, she is right?
No, "she" isn't right; "she's" just being an idiot. "Her" idiocy is likely rooted in pride, like this guy:

I used to have a certain acquaintance about 10 years ago. He was gay, and he and his husband travelled a lot. I don't remember his name, but I'll call him Joe. Anyway, Joe was also an anti-semite but he hid it by saying that he was anti-zionist. He decried Israel with all the usual baloney such people puke up. I answered him that he could walk hand-in-hand with his husband in Tel Aviv and no one would bat an eyelash but if he tried that in Amman, Jordan, (or any Arab city outside Israel) he and his husband would come back in a box, assuming the bodies were ever found. He didn't like my answer but he knew it was true.

...Now, if "she" thinks YECs and jihadis are equally extreme, then "she" is an even bigger idiot than Joe!

FL :lol:

+ + +

+ + +