Zoe - and Dr Who Fans...

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Zoe - and Dr Who Fans...

Post by B. W. »

Kristoffer wrote:This is me being starkly honest: I thought Peter trough-ton or doctor #7(i do not remember if this is right actor) was a better doctor, the (old) episode where it turns out the doctor was merlin was quite exciting. :D You can watch it in its entirety on youtube, atleast if i remember it's name, i think that one was called "Battlefield", but it really is a shoestring budget masterpiece.

Although I agree that Smith seems to fit the role a bit better than Tennant did. The last episode that DT did had him cocking a gun like EVERY TIME it is on screen. It only needs to be done once! :P
I haven't seen the old shows in years - but the shoesrting budget masterpiece brings back memories!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Kristoffer
Valued Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Kristoffer »

yea they really made the best of what they had a lot of the time.
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

So have all of the fans here seen the end of season 5?
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

zoegirl wrote:So have all of the fans here seen the end of season 5?
Yes - what do you think?
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Oh I liked it....I like Matt Smith and I like Stephen MOffat as the writer. I think he is way more interesting than Russel DAvis was. The time vortex manipulator parts were clever. (lol, Fez's are cool)

I'm not saying it's the most brilliant thing, time travel stuff I always take with a grain of salt, but for sheer fun and ability to make me cheer on the Doctor, Matt Smith certainly does that.

I was also happy to see the more interesting relationship with Amy and Rory, I was getting bored with the Rose Tyler/companion love thing. Now it's a bit more of a three musketeers thing. The Doctor has more of a proper relationship with the companion, I think. I liked that they made Rory such a great character that the Doctor ended up liking and cheering on (good on ya mate, the boy who waited, such a great touch)

I liked David Tennant of course, but looking back on it, I wish I could have seen more of David Tennant with Stephen Moffat as the writer. Russell Davis always seemed to write very heavy-handed and had some weird stories.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

zoegirl wrote:Oh I liked it....I like Matt Smith and I like Stephen MOffat as the writer. I think he is way more interesting than Russel DAvis was. The time vortex manipulator parts were clever. (lol, Fez's are cool)

I'm not saying it's the most brilliant thing, time travel stuff I always take with a grain of salt, but for sheer fun and ability to make me cheer on the Doctor, Matt Smith certainly does that.

I was also happy to see the more interesting relationship with Amy and Rory, I was getting bored with the Rose Tyler/companion love thing. Now it's a bit more of a three musketeers thing. The Doctor has more of a proper relationship with the companion, I think. I liked that they made Rory such a great character that the Doctor ended up liking and cheering on (good on ya mate, the boy who waited, such a great touch)

I liked David Tennant of course, but looking back on it, I wish I could have seen more of David Tennant with Stephen Moffat as the writer. Russell Davis always seemed to write very heavy-handed and had some weird stories.
Agree - I am glad Rory has moxie and not such a - hmmm dish rag... Makes more of an interesting stories that can come on in the Future!

Reminds me now of the bravado of the old series and a bit of wacky fun.

I still like David Tennant series he did on the Doctor but near the end it as getting a little to heavy...
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

HArd ot believe that this thread is now 12 pages long!!

Just letting any Doctor Who fans out there who may have BBCAmerica that they are actually showing the Christmas special....we won't have to wait!!!
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

zoegirl wrote:HArd ot believe that this thread is now 12 pages long!!

Just letting any Doctor Who fans out there who may have BBCAmerica that they are actually showing the Christmas special....we won't have to wait!!!
Okay ! Can't wait - I have been watching the older shows again to pass the time!
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

I thought it was great...I'm not biased though :esurprised: :ebiggrin: Nice tie in with A Christmas Carol.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

zoegirl wrote:I thought it was great...I'm not biased though :esurprised: :ebiggrin: Nice tie in with A Christmas Carol.
I liked the fish!
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb: