The evil within us

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: The evil within us

Post by Audie »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Audie wrote:I dont really think the denial and negligence involved is in fact a bit less extreme.I know that is not a popular statement with those who hold to yec belief, but, you or others might like to give at least a moments consideration, be given pause if only so little, maybe, she is right?
No, "she" isn't right; "she's" just being an idiot. "Her" idiocy is likely rooted in pride, like this guy:

I used to have a certain acquaintance about 10 years ago. He was gay, and he and his husband travelled a lot. I don't remember his name, but I'll call him Joe. Anyway, Joe was also an anti-semite but he hid it by saying that he was anti-zionist. He decried Israel with all the usual baloney such people puke up. I answered him that he could walk hand-in-hand with his husband in Tel Aviv and no one would bat an eyelash but if he tried that in Amman, Jordan, (or any Arab city outside Israel) he and his husband would come back in a box, assuming the bodies were ever found. He didn't like my answer but he knew it was true.

...Now, if "she" thinks YECs and jihadis are equally extreme, then "she" is an even bigger idiot than Joe!

FL :lol:
Talking about people not present as a metagory for positions not held by persons who are present
may seem hilarious to, ah, "him", but its actually kinda lame.

I compared the level of denial and negligence of someone who believes in yec to one who believes things like vast Jewish conspiracy to do 911 etc.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Audie wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Audie wrote:I dont really think the denial and negligence involved is in fact a bit less extreme.I know that is not a popular statement with those who hold to yec belief, but, you or others might like to give at least a moments consideration, be given pause if only so little, maybe, she is right?
No, "she" isn't right; "she's" just being an idiot. "Her" idiocy is likely rooted in pride, like this guy:

I used to have a certain acquaintance about 10 years ago. He was gay, and he and his husband travelled a lot. I don't remember his name, but I'll call him Joe. Anyway, Joe was also an anti-semite but he hid it by saying that he was anti-zionist. He decried Israel with all the usual baloney such people puke up. I answered him that he could walk hand-in-hand with his husband in Tel Aviv and no one would bat an eyelash but if he tried that in Amman, Jordan, (or any Arab city outside Israel) he and his husband would come back in a box, assuming the bodies were ever found. He didn't like my answer but he knew it was true.

...Now, if "she" thinks YECs and jihadis are equally extreme, then "she" is an even bigger idiot than Joe!

FL :lol:
Talking about people not present as a metagory for positions not held by persons who are present
may seem hilarious to, ah, "him", but its actually kinda lame.

I compared the level of denial and negligence of someone who believes in yec to one who believes things like vast Jewish conspiracy to do 911 etc.
Yeah, who would believe that. Everyone knows it wasn't the Jews but rather the Zionists. :roll:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Illuminatti
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Audie wrote:I compared the level of denial and negligence of someone who believes in yec to one who believes things like vast Jewish conspiracy to do 911 etc.
Yeh, but this thread is about The evil within us...read the title, Chinadoll! y#-o

Anyway, most people believe whatever it is they believe without understanding much about their beliefs, or how they accepted them in the first place. That goes for YEC, evolution and any other narrative people may swallow without thinking.
Kurieuo wrote:Yeah, who would believe that. Everyone knows it wasn't the Jews but rather the Zionists.
Actually, 9/11 was an American/Israeli conspiracy. To wit:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:There's a guy on a French-language Forum I visit who has answered this question asked by neo:

neo-x wrote:Why do you think the planes on 9/11 hit america and no other country?

Apparently, 9/11 was an Israeli plot backed by the USA. The main purpose was to promote war with Arab states and between Arab states. The advantage for the Israelis is that they could justify the continuing opression of the Palestinians. The advantage for the Americans is the extension of their imperialist hegemony in the Arab and the greater Muslim world. The Americans - and their French, British and German puppets - also benefit economically by selling weaponry to the Arab states! The subsequent attacks in London (bus bombing) Madrid (train bombing) Bali (nightclub bombing) Moscow (theater seige), and the more recent attacks in Ottawa, Sydney, Paris and Copenhagen were also orchestrated by Americans.

This guy writes from Algeria, so he must know what he's talking about.
Americans are the Zionist's lapdogs!

FL :D
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Since when did topic drift cease to be what happens to every thread?
1over137
Technical Admin
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Get all back to topic! :coolcall:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

This was Daniel's topic. He bailed on us, so we bailed on the topic.

Forgive us, oh wise and powerful Oz queen. :giverose:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

RickD wrote:This was Daniel's topic. He bailed on us, so we bailed on the topic.

Forgive us, oh wise and powerful Oz queen. :giverose:
My forgiveness is conditional. I will forgive when you stay to topic. :mrgreen:
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

It's the evil within them causing them to deviate :D
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:It's the evil within them causing them to deviate :D
I blame it on evolution. The thread isn't off topic. It's just evolving through natural selection. ;)
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Aha!

Micro or macro?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:Aha!

Micro or macro?
Someone ban this person for insubordination. :hissyfit: :redcard:

-Edward R Murrow

Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

y[-( y
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Comments:
Audie wrote:Since when did topic drift cease to be what happens to every thread?
I don't mind thread drift. I cause a lot of it myself, and when the subject is silly, a thread deserves to drift.
RickD wrote:This was Daniel's topic. He bailed on us, so we bailed on the topic.
Poor guy...D220 is way, way too sensitive. He's going to have a tough time at life if he keeps trying to be Jesus' bodyguard.
Yes, PrettyEye is right. However, to our friendly atheist Chinadoll, there is no such thing as "evil within us", the very notion being ridiculous. To the atheist, good and evil are determined by cultural consensus and are a matter of opinion and subject to change as a culture evolves. This conception of good/evil necessarily denies the possibility of objective moral knowledge. So, for atheists, good & evil are a matter of opinion, and opinions can - and do - change over time.

Another thing: To the atheist, the words good and evil are religiously charged. Atheists use economic language when discussing ethics; words such as value, benefit, loss and others have replaced religiously charged terms...next time you read the newspaper, tune your ears to them.

The end result of all this is that an atheist and a Christian have no common ground when discussing good & evil. They are using the same words but the concepts behind them are worlds apart. Worlds apart, as in natural & supernatural. Worlds apart, as in "morality evolves" and "morality is objective". The twain shall never meet. NEVER!

Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Comments:
Audie wrote:Since when did topic drift cease to be what happens to every thread?
I don't mind thread drift. I cause a lot of it myself, and when the subject is silly, a thread deserves to drift.
Poor guy...D220 is way, way too sensitive. He's going to have a tough time at life if he keeps trying to be Jesus' bodyguard.
Yes, PrettyEye is right. However, to our friendly atheist Chinadoll, there is no such thing as "evil within us", the very notion being ridiculous. To the atheist, good and evil are determined by cultural consensus and are a matter of opinion and subject to change as a culture evolves. This conception of good/evil necessarily denies the possibility of objective moral knowledge. So, for atheists, good & evil are a matter of opinion, and opinions can - and do - change over time.

Another thing: To the atheist, the words good and evil are religiously charged. Atheists use economic language when discussing ethics; words such as value, benefit, loss and others have replaced religiously charged terms...next time you read the newspaper, tune your ears to them.

The end result of all this is that an atheist and a Christian have no common ground when discussing good & evil. They are using the same words but the concepts behind them are worlds apart. Worlds apart, as in natural & supernatural. Worlds apart, as in "morality evolves" and "morality is objective". The twain shall never meet. NEVER!

Sheesh you must know more about me and atheists in general, than I do!