Is being Gay really that bad?

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
IRQ Conflict
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: BEING GAY MEANS BEING HAPPY

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Goodbrother wrote:The word gay means being happy, joyful and loving. If we have Christ as our savior we are gay with Christ. If your not gay with Christ your following Satan.
Job 35:16 Therefore doth Job open his mouth in vain; he multiplieth words without knowledge.

The word 'gay' as it has come to be used means homosexual. It is synonamous with the word pride "gay pride" If you look on the web and watch the news once in a while over the last few years, it's become a shamefull thing, a pridefull thing.

1Jo 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Pro 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogance, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate.

Pro 29:23 A man's pride shall bring him low: but honor shall uphold the humble in spirit.

Jer 12:1 Righteous art thou, O LORD, when I plead with thee: yet let me talk with thee of thy judgments: Wherefore doth the way of the wicked prosper? wherefore are all they happy that deal very treacherously?

Gay Pride
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
LadyHel
Acquainted Member
Christian: No

Post by LadyHel »

Love isn't about sexual pleasure, it's about spiritual pleasure, the pleasure of loving someone for their spirit and heart, not for their gender. Sex is intended by God for reproduction, it is adulterous and lusty to do it for pleasure. Since a same sex couple can't reproduce, any sex is adultery, which is a sin.
Do you use a condom? Would you consider going on the Pill? (I don't actually know what gender you are)
If not, isn't that in someway endangering you wife or husband or boyfriend or girlfriend? Do you only have sex to make babies?
Our world wouldn't exist without lust. And that's not a bad thing. Lust is natural, and so long as you make sure you don't endanger giving you partner an STI or an unwanted baby, sex cannot be a sin, even before marriage.
Marriage is a fairly "unnatural" institution anyway.

If sex isn't intended for pleasure why do I have a clitoris?
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Whats an 'STI'? :?
sex cannot be a sin, even before marriage.
Marriage is a fairly "unnatural" institution anyway.
Sex before marriage is a sin according to the guy who wrote the law. marriage is a natural thing instituted by the Lawgiver. Sex is both for pleasure and reproduction within the confines of matrimony.

Just because you want it to be legal does not make it so.
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

Sin is going against what God desires for us.
It is that which is not part of God's character of holiness and righteousness.
Therefore it is God who defines sin, not ourselves.

Everyone may have a different idea of what constitutes sin, but none of us has the sovereignty required to define what that is ourselves.
To find out what constitutes sin we must look to God and His own moral character.
If we do not do that, then we are all preaching our own personal gospels of self - and not only will we likely contradict each other, these personal gospels have absolutely no standing so whatever before God.

God outlines very clearly what He regards to be sin. To find out requires that one reads the Bible. Otherwise, if you make it up yourself, you are simply preaching your own gospel which amounts to nothing.
LadyHel
Acquainted Member

Post by LadyHel »

And what does God plan for us?
Are you implying that you know the infinite complaxities of this superpower's brain? Assuming, that is, that It has a brain.
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

God wants our praise and fellowship. He wants to share himself with us, we will know Him as He has known us.

Did you know God loves you? Did you know He counts the hair on your head?

Luk 12:7 But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.
Luk 12:8 Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:

1Jo 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
Hellfire

authentic
Familiar Member

Post by authentic »

Judah wrote:Sin is going against what God desires for us.
It is that which is not part of God's character of holiness and righteousness.
Therefore it is God who defines sin, not ourselves.

Everyone may have a different idea of what constitutes sin, but none of us has the sovereignty required to define what that is ourselves.
To find out what constitutes sin we must look to God and His own moral character.
If we do not do that, then we are all preaching our own personal gospels of self - and not only will we likely contradict each other, these personal gospels have absolutely no standing so whatever before God.

God outlines very clearly what He regards to be sin. To find out requires that one reads the Bible. Otherwise, if you make it up yourself, you are simply preaching your own gospel which amounts to nothing.
i don't think i could have said it better myself. See, what happens is that the human nature loves to sin. So when we are bombarded with Sitcoms, Commercials, Music Videos, Reality Shows...etc, which glorifies and promotes sin, then it makes sin a good thing. Example, many years ago fornication was considered a greivious sin in the eye of society- in the old covenant transgressors where stoned to death for fonication. But now!, it is the normal thing to do, in fact, you are looked upon as weird or fanatical if you are a virgin. So here is the issue of homosexuality, which God himself calls an "abomination", but again what does society do (lead by Satan)? They force feed images of same sex acts, promote gay celebreties, and have even found gay religious leaders to make it seem like it has God's approval. This is all part of the new age agenda, and that is to make God's ways ancient, so that our standards are more up to date than God. *Imagine God that is old and ignorant and can't keep up with the times*
LadyHel
Acquainted Member

Post by LadyHel »

Quite. Imagine a God that is old and not up to date.
What on Earth makes you think your God would change slower than the human race? Or not change at all?
Change is a good thing, it is the key to survival, the key to extention of the mind. If God is the Lord of everything that is good, then he must also be Lord of Changing Minds.
authentic
Familiar Member

Post by authentic »

LadyHel wrote:Quite. Imagine a God that is old and not up to date.
What on Earth makes you think your God would change slower than the human race? Or not change at all?
Change is a good thing, it is the key to survival, the key to extention of the mind. If God is the Lord of everything that is good, then he must also be Lord of Changing Minds.
Change is good when it is done within the perameters of his will. But his standards NEVER, EVER change. God is the all knowing and all seeing God, that searches the hearts of every human. He is the creator of everything that exists, so it would be ignorant of me to suggest that he would be impressed with some new theology or philosphy that we've made. Furthermore, it is rebellious and sinful man, that hear God's word and see his direction - but yet take another way (our way). So i'm not sure exactly what point you were making, nor am i aware that you knew the point i was trying to make. But I will say this, that God hates all sin that is listed in that word called the Bible, the same scriptures that he revealed to the prophets and the apostles thousands of years ago.
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

Just imagine if God decided to change the current law of gravity. Or decided that the sun should be put elsewhere in the universe.

No, I am not making fun of the idea of change. God who created all put in place His physical laws of nature and if He made changes there, one thing would lead to another and another and this world would certainbly not be quite as you know it anymore.

God's moral law is based on His character - who He is. Christians accept that this gives rise to moral absolutes. These morals do not change ever because God is consistent and stable in His character - He is always loving and holy and righteous. He is always Himself.

Presuming that you believe that God created the universe and every morally good thing in it, then He pre-existed His creation. He pre-existed the concept of time. How can God be called old and outdated when He exists outside of time? That is not to say that He cannot interact within time as well, which He does, but it does make a bit of a nonsense of the idea that He can be measured by time and be considered outdated.

Perhaps you do not believe God is our Creator Father who is revealed to us through His creation, through His Son Jesus, and through the Bible. I am speaking of the Judeo-Christian God who does make Himself known to all of us who wish to seek Him.
My mind is finite and capable of comprehending only the tiniest particle of His huge immense complexity. However, I can certainly know Him to the extent that He has revealed Himself, and that I endeavour to seek Him. We are all able to know Him if we seek to do so.
Grace isn't enough...
Familiar Member

Post by Grace isn't enough... »

to expand on that last part here's an exapmle hell,
picture God as the ultimiate super computer and we are the ones who in fact are out of date...so lets say a crapy old macintosh. Now we can interface with one-another because we are both computers. However, we can only understand some of the basic code or just enough to stay connected. while God, or the super computer on the other hand can not only interface with us but will understand anything we could ever output because he is the ultimate super computer...The Alpha Omega.

So, old bad comp interfaces with better all knowing comp is really all that blather says...wo that totally didnt come out right...

k my example bit, but theres another good example...

K lets say that we only have 2 dimensions of space, width, hidth{no depth}(instead of 3) and 1 regular dimension of time. Now say god is like a cube, in that he has the extra dimension(s) that we do not. Now since a cube like us shares the qualities of hidth and width, he can interact with us. However since we do not have that 3rd dimension of space,{depth} we cannot see him or fully wrap our minds around him and all that is supernatural. The very concept itself is hard to wrap your mind around...hence he's god, and we're not. Anyway that was just to expand on that last part...sh'probably take my tangients to the creation debate and stop wasting ur guy's time sorry lol.
missangel
Newbie Member

Post by missangel »

I don't think its bad.

If it's a sin, aren't we all sinners, who are we to say one sin is worse than another?
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

missangel wrote:I don't think its bad.

If it's a sin, aren't we all sinners, who are we to say one sin is worse than another?
While I agree all sin is sin, I think the essence of this as a defense minimizes the seriousness of sin.

Antinomianism, (freedom under Christ to do anything) is not consistent with the Gospel of Christ.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
led
Recognized Member

Post by led »

missangel wrote:I don't think its bad.

1 John 5:16
If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that.

There are sins worse than others.
"To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.” //klinkenberg.tripod.com/lifeinkorea
Monday
Acquainted Member

Post by Monday »

Whats an 'STI'?
It stands for Sexually Transmitted Infections, things like chlamydia and syphilis.
Were you just first basing it with that piece of loose leaf? - Strong Sad