Understanding the Trinity

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Understanding the Trinity

Post by Kurieuo »

Jesus is the Christ.

Matthew 16:13-20
  • 13Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” 14And they said, “Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 16Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. 18And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.” 20Then he strictly charged the disciples to tell no one that he was the Christ.
To reject this teaching, is to reject Christ's teachings as passed on by the Apostles. To reject such, is to therefore reject Christianity. One is not Christian if they reject such. Christianity couldn't have a more foundational belief than Jesus being the Christ.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
bbyrd009
BANNED
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by bbyrd009 »

RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
Philip wrote:NEVER try to argue logic with a person who doesn't apparently understand its basics. Cause they can't see it, even if one makes it perfectly clear to them.

I suggest every new bit of nonsense spewed by BB, just answer with this gif!

see here that i am now accused of "not understanding the basics," when i was proselytizing for Jesus 40 years ago, ok."I can't see it," and "i need you to make something perfectly clear to me," and "i am spewing nonsense," only you cannot quote any Scripture to condemn me, and i serve a Risen Lord, but even though i call you "accepted," i am condemned.

You have condemned me without Witnesses, as surely as Christ is condemned, and replaced with Nehushtan worship. So then, you are throwing stones at me, when you might just accept that you are not done changing yet, and consider allowing more Scripture to be relevant to your life, right now.
then one can simply quote a snip and get clarity, or not, whatever serves their agenda is, obviously, what they are going to manifest, and whatever they seek is what they are going to find. Seek clarity, get clarity. Seek to make some other point, and see that that is your right, also. You can only absorb the nutrients you need right now; and there is no shame in something not speaking to you right now. Maybe it's for someone else, who knows.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:to me this ignores the role of the Body of Christ, and basically denies that you are the Body of Christ, and have the Comforter, right now, which with all due respect i can quote you "confessing with your mouth" in other places, ok? "I see (this as) degeneration," etc.

Which i don't want you to take wrong, ok, we are just talking, about a thorny concept; but you might reflect upon how this is a denial of God, and "all things work together for good," and a tacit approval of wars, believe it or not, "the war on poverty" or "drugs," when the fruit of these wars is manifest, and plain to see.

A person Becomes part of the Body of Christ when they accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
...and then, according to many at least, accepts that Jesus is also bodily coming back in a Rapture to save them, from their snakebit state. Please understand. Your public confession will not save you, and your church is plainly described in the passage ending "away from Me, you evildoers, I never knew you," if you but go and read them both, as they are intentionally, slightly different. But of course every descriptive used in the passage has an analogy to our churches, and we are plainly warned elsewhere of the blind leading the blind, which we dismiss as applying to others, despite the Scriptures assuring us that these are not even considered, discussed, or talked to or at in the Bible. The Bible is all about, and only cares about, those who are "called by His Name," and the rest are considered "the sea."

So when you read a passage about some evil guy doing whatever, Goliath, even, this has a direct bearing upon you, who is able to slay the child with the adult, is one way of putting it.
and please don't get me wrong here. I have no comment to make upon the souls in that church, and God judges the heart. Pure-hearted people are where you find them, and it might just as easily be in the worst of one of these churches, ok. All is vanity, in this sense. You can live for Christ right where you are at.
well, see that that is a fairer question to ask people who hold that Jesus is God, and is bodily in heaven, right now, who have reduced the Body of Christ to a euphemism, a myth, and a lie, as one obviously cannot simultaneously hold that they are the Body of Christ, and that Jesus is bodily returning to save them from their snakebit condition. Both cannot be true.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
Philip wrote:NEVER try to argue logic with a person who doesn't apparently understand its basics. Cause they can't see it, even if one makes it perfectly clear to them.

well, of course, that is the whole point of the Trinity doctrine, to exclude people calling you back to the Body of Christ, right now, and suggesting that you can find Word, today. Because you cannot argue from the Book, with all due respect, and after all, your Mansion in the Sky is now being threatened.

I'm curious; did you, at any time, give the people who convinced you of these doctrines any money? :)

it is a fair question.
brutal, huh. Still a fair question.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:

well, of course, that is the whole point of the Trinity doctrine, to exclude people calling you back to the Body of Christ, right now, and suggesting that you can find Word, today. Because you cannot argue from the Book, with all due respect, and after all, your Mansion in the Sky is now being threatened.

I'm curious; did you, at any time, give the people who convinced you of these doctrines any money? :)

it is a fair question.
:esurprised: :pound: this just made my day!!
:lol: ya, that was funny. And look, i am not meaning all that is "evil," or anything ok. That is how i initially came to Christ. It is what it is. That guy you gave money to might very easily be doing God's will, reaching out to the orphans and widows, etc, signed Contract for Jesus and all. I give money to them all of the time, don't get me wrong.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

bbyrd009 wrote:
jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:

it is a fair question.
:esurprised: :pound: this just made my day!!
:lol: ya, that was funny. And look, i am not meaning all that is "evil," or anything ok. That is how i initially came to Christ. It is what it is. That guy you gave money to might very easily be doing God's will, reaching out to the orphans and widows, etc, signed Contract for Jesus and all. I give money to them all of the time, don't get me wrong.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

ok well if he is driving a Lac or a Lincoln, then see what you will see :lol:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

bbyrd009 wrote:ok well if he is driving a Lac or a Lincoln, then see what you will see :lol:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

aww...i understand. Judging by the fruit is a little more real than most people want to get. Our illusions make us more comfortable. We seek people who can assure us, because we naturally want to know, and so we are led to those with charisma and confidence, as surely as a woman is drawn to a wife-beater. And the last state is seven times worse than the first. And the last thing we lose is our pride, instead of it being the first. And the first will be last, and the last will be first.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

bbyrd009 wrote:
RickD wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:

A person Becomes part of the Body of Christ when they accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
...and then, according to many at least, accepts that Jesus is also bodily coming back in a Rapture to save them, from their snakebit state. Please understand. Your public confession will not save you, and your church is plainly described in the passage ending "away from Me, you evildoers, I never knew you," if you but go and read them both, as they are intentionally, slightly different. But of course every descriptive used in the passage has an analogy to our churches, and we are plainly warned elsewhere of the blind leading the blind, which we dismiss as applying to others, despite the Scriptures assuring us that these are not even considered, discussed, or talked to or at in the Bible. The Bible is all about, and only cares about, those who are "called by His Name," and the rest are considered "the sea."

So when you read a passage about some evil guy doing whatever, Goliath, even, this has a direct bearing upon you, who is able to slay the child with the adult, is one way of putting it.
and please don't get me wrong here. I have no comment to make upon the souls in that church, and God judges the heart. Pure-hearted people are where you find them, and it might just as easily be in the worst of one of these churches, ok. All is vanity, in this sense. You can live for Christ right where you are at.
well, see that that is a fairer question to ask people who hold that Jesus is God, and is bodily in heaven, right now, who have reduced the Body of Christ to a euphemism, a myth, and a lie, as one obviously cannot simultaneously hold that they are the Body of Christ, and that Jesus is bodily returning to save them from their snakebit condition. Both cannot be true.
you maybe overlooked this one, or just didn't see it or something :)
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

bbyrd009 wrote: We seek people who can assure us, because we naturally want to know, and so we are led to those with charisma and confidence, as surely as a woman is drawn to a wife-beater.
please tell me you did not just say this. :swhat:
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Interesting read from John 1:1-3,14 from the Greek Text...

John 1:1 εν αρχη ην ο λογος και ο λογος ην προς τον θεον και θεος ην ο λογος

John 1:2 ουτος ην εν αρχη προς τον θεον

John 1:3 παντα δι αυτου εγενετο και χωρις αυτου εγενετο ουδε εν ο γεγονεν

Now Verse 14...

John 1:14 και ο λογος σαρξ εγενετο και εσκηνωσεν εν ημιν και εθεασαμεθα την δοξαν αυτου δοξαν ως μονογενους παρα πατρος πληρης χαριτος και αληθειας

Anyone like to play translator?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

crochet1949 wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:
RickD wrote:
jenna wrote: tell me, what are the "essential" Christian beliefs? is believing in the trinity one of them?
I would say the most essential belief is the deity of Christ. If one believes in a Christ that isn't God, one believes in a false Christ who cannot save.

As far as belief in the Trinity being an essential belief, I would say no, not necessarily. It depends on one's Christology.

"I would say that the most essential belief is the deity of Christ...." -- yes, that means that Christ was/is the Son of God.
The Son of God, Jesus Christ, being the 2nd person / part of the Godhead / trinity.

The Godhead is what makes our salvation Possible. And the Holy Spirit is very much in the Godhead. It was the Holy Spirit who came upon Mary and she conceived the Christ child / the virgin birth. And the Holy Spirit comes to indwell the person who accepts Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. The person believes in their heart and then with their mouth, they confess the Lord Jesus. The Holy Spirit indwells the person / stays with the person until they are with Christ. The sealing power of the Holy Spirit. The person is therefore eternally secure until they are with Christ. And one of the roles Of the Holy Spirit is that of convicting the person of their sins.

So - we have God the Father, Jesus Christ His Son and the Holy Spirit. The Godhead / Trinity.

A person might not be Aware of the Godhead - trinity -- but it would be important for them to understand what's happening and that involves knowledge of those roles.
to me this ignores the role of the Body of Christ, and basically denies that you are the Body of Christ, and have the Comforter, right now, which with all due respect i can quote you "confessing with your mouth" in other places, ok? "I see (this as) degeneration," etc.

Which i don't want you to take wrong, ok, we are just talking, about a thorny concept; but you might reflect upon how this is a denial of God, and "all things work together for good," and a tacit approval of wars, believe it or not, "the war on poverty" or "drugs," when the fruit of these wars is manifest, and plain to see.

The 'thorny concept' as you refer to -- is basic salvation. It's Very important concepts that we are 'just talking about.'
a war on drugs thing you might like; i just grabbed this quote to link to you
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/albuquer ... -to_122016
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

jenna wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote: We seek people who can assure us, because we naturally want to know, and so we are led to those with charisma and confidence, as surely as a woman is drawn to a wife-beater.
why? would refraining make it less true? how might you better illuminate the attraction we have to sheer confidence? I would welcome a less gender-charged example, if you have one, ty.
bbyrd009
BANNED

Post by bbyrd009 »

jenna wrote:
but i apologize for being insensitive there, i just grabbed the first symbology that came to mind.