How God Creates

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Mazzy
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: How God Creates

Post by Mazzy »

PaulSacramento wrote:That you don't understand what I am saying does NOT mean I am not making any sense.
I suggest you read what I am saying, watch the tone and be more open to the fact that someone of us have actual training in Theology and Philosophy and IF we are making statements that you don't understand, just say so and ask for clarification rather than being rude and implying that a person is just posting "for the sake of it".
Understood?

No one is suggesting that God's FORM can't change.
What is being stated is that God CAN'T change.
If you don't comprehend that VERY BASIC point and can't grasp the distinction, then what are we debating here at all? and why?

To say that God is energy is to male a statement on His NATURE and to say that His nature is energy is to LIMIT God to being JUST ENERGY.
Do you not understand that the vary fact that you just LIMITED God means that your view of God means that He is NOT God?
Reply to you and Audie.....Given that this discussion has turned to a philosophical argument around the nature of God, I retract my statement about the nature of Gods being so that the substance of my post can stand without it. Philosophical arguments are endlessly a waste of time. Please reply to the revamp.

In relation to the thread topic, there are proven and observed physics that attest that a huge amount of energy/light, which God is able to manipulate, and therefore, can produce matter in an instant. This has been achieved in the matter accelerator. If it is theoretically possible to teleport matter, and matter can be created by a huge source of energy/light, then I suggest it is theoretically possible for a superior being to use matter to make, not only the universe, but also plants and animals as life consists of arranged particles/elements.

To add to my stance on Gods ability to use energy to create matter in an instant, I argue that all current theoretical hypothesis in relation to abiogenes are not plausible given that DNA, RNA and the current one, proteins first, require a host. It appears to be plausible that God created instantly. We have the physics and the theoretical framework already. The Host must come first, not an imagined 'primitive' cell. There is nothing primitive about even single celled life, a complex factory of reproduction. IOW life arising without the hand of God, or life arising by natural processes that does not require a designer appears to be impossible.

For theists, we also have testimony that Jesus was able to create/multiply bread and fish as well as bring the dead to life. So even in an earthy form, Jesus was able to call on an amazing knowledge of physics to create in an instant.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Audie wrote:What is being stated is that God CAN'T change.

Do you not understand that the vary fact that you just LIMITED God...........

huh?
God can't change his nature anymore than He can make a square circle, do you see that as God being limited?
No, of course not because God not being able to create something that can't exist is NOT a limitation.
God can't change because by changing He would no longer be God.
God can no more change than He can be evil.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Mazzy wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:That you don't understand what I am saying does NOT mean I am not making any sense.
I suggest you read what I am saying, watch the tone and be more open to the fact that someone of us have actual training in Theology and Philosophy and IF we are making statements that you don't understand, just say so and ask for clarification rather than being rude and implying that a person is just posting "for the sake of it".
Understood?

If you don't comprehend that VERY BASIC point and can't grasp the distinction, then what are we debating here at all? and why?

To say that God is energy is to male a statement on His NATURE and to say that His nature is energy is to LIMIT God to being JUST ENERGY.
Do you not understand that the vary fact that you just LIMITED God means that your view of God means that He is NOT God?
Reply to you and Audie.....Given that this discussion has turned to a philosophical argument around the nature of God, I retract my statement about the nature of Gods being so that the substance of my post can stand without it. Philosophical arguments are endlessly a waste of time. Please reply to the revamp.

In relation to the thread topic, there are proven and observed physics that attest that a huge amount of energy/light, which God is able to manipulate, and therefore, can produce matter in an instant. This has been achieved in the matter accelerator. If it is theoretically possible to teleport matter, and matter can be created by a huge source of energy/light, then I suggest it is theoretically possible for a superior being to use matter to make, not only the universe, but also plants and animals as life consists of arranged particles/elements.

To add to my stance on Gods ability to use energy to create matter in an instant, I argue that all current theoretical hypothesis in relation to abiogenes are not plausible given that DNA, RNA and the current one, proteins first, require a host. It appears to be plausible that God created instantly. We have the physics and the theoretical framework already. The Host must come first, not an imagined 'primitive' cell. There is nothing primitive about even single celled life, a complex factory of reproduction. IOW life arising without the hand of God, or life arising by natural processes that does not require a designer appears to be impossible.

For theists, we also have testimony that Jesus was able to create/multiply bread and fish as well as bring the dead to life. So even in an earthy form, Jesus was able to call on an amazing knowledge of physics to create in an instant.
All that states is that God can USE energy, manipulate energy, not that God IS energy.

Please show me some evidence of energy that simply IS, that is exists without being dependent on something.
Mazzy
Valued Member

Post by Mazzy »

PaulSacramento wrote:

huh?
God can't change his nature anymore than He can make a square circle, do you see that as God being limited?
No, of course not because God not being able to create something that can't exist is NOT a limitation.
I said God can change his form ie appearance and I have evidence of that being the case. Please respond to the revamp that does not rely on your or my opinion of what God is made of.
Mazzy
Valued Member

Post by Mazzy »

PaulSacramento wrote:
Mazzy wrote:
Understood?

All that states is that God can USE energy, manipulate energy, not that God IS energy.

Please show me some evidence of energy that simply IS, that is exists without being dependent on something.
I gather you cannot challenge my post now so you want to keep harping over what I have retracted and chasing your own tail. Hiding behind philosophy is a great escape! :pound:

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Mazzy wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

huh?
I said God can change his form ie appearance and I have evidence of that being the case. Please respond to the revamp that does not rely on your or my opinion of what God is made of.
I did respond, I said that God being able to use and manipulate energy does NOT mean that God is energy.
No one is arguing that God CAN'T change His FORM.
Mazzy
Valued Member

Post by Mazzy »

PaulSacramento wrote:
Mazzy wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:

huh?
I did respond, I said that God being able to use and manipulate energy does NOT mean that God is energy.
No one is arguing that God CAN'T change His FORM.

Ok, for the sake of this discussion, God is not energy. :roll:

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

I gather you cannot challenge my post now so you want to keep harping over what I have retracted and chasing your own tail. Hiding behind philosophy is a great escape! :pound:
Are you trying to get yourself in trouble?
Mazzy
Valued Member

Post by Mazzy »

PaulSacramento wrote:
Are you trying to get yourself in trouble?
Rather I want a discussion that is scientific, not philosophical.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Ok, for the sake of this discussion, God is not energy. :roll:
Consider yourself warned.
Repeat that posting again and I will assume that you ARE trying to get yourself banned.

My patience is only so much and I will no tolerate you posting and posting the same thing over and over again when it has already been addressed.

For the last time, no one is arguing that God CAN ( and has) used energy, no one arguing that God can ( and has) manipulated energy.
No one is arguing against that at all.
The discussion got here when YOU stated that God IS energy.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Can we move on? Mazzy has admitted, at least for this discussion, that God is not energy. Let's get back to the topic.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Mazzy
Valued Member

Post by Mazzy »

RickD wrote:Can we move on? Mazzy has admitted, at least for this discussion, that God is not energy. Let's get back to the topic.
Thankyou. :sstopwar: Indeed the substance of my post has not been addressed. I suggest instant creation, particularly of life, is more plausible than theories around abiogeneis and TOE.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Mazzy wrote:
RickD wrote:Can we move on? Mazzy has admitted, at least for this discussion, that God is not energy. Let's get back to the topic.
Thankyou. :sstopwar: Indeed the substance of my post has not been addressed. I suggest instant creation, particularly of life, is more plausible than theories around abiogeneis and TOE.
See Mazzy? I'm not completely useless as a moderator. :lol:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Sorry Rick and sorry to you too Mazzy...
Sometimes my patience runs out and it shouldn't and I have been debating atheists a little too much and I see a "trouble maker" around every corner.
I apologize for being short tempered Mazzy.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Mazzy wrote:
TOE ?