dinosaurs and man coexisted?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

colors wrote:sofa,

there are the "myths" of dragons. most myths have some basis in reality. i have some more articles which discuss drawings of dinosaurs in caves alongside woolly mammoths; and pictures of dinosaurs painted on vases of ancient cultures. if you are really interested, i'll look for those articles for you.
Colors, I have probably read the articles but you can link them and I will read over them and respond as best I can. Probably not until after the Super Bowl though. :lol:
Prodigal Son
Christian: No

Post by Prodigal Son »

sofalogic,

:lol: those dino pictures were cute.

still, i'm looking for intelligent, well-informed input. if that's the best you can respond (and your other posts verify this), i'll have to pass. :wink:
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

mastermind,

isn't it weird? i think a few dinosaurs survived to coexist with people, but there could have been so few that not many people saw them (hence the myths about "dragons".

new species are discovered everyday. we haven't even come close to discovering half of the species of our world's rainforests. we know close to nothing about our world's oceans. the horseshoe crab is a living fossil from prehistoric times. who knows how long dinosaurs' lifespans were.

and if there have been so few sitings of the blue whale and we've never even seen a giant squid alive, who knows what else could be at the bottom of the ocean...loch ness :D
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I think they checked lockness thoroughly and didn't find anything. But who knows...
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

colors wrote:isn't it weird? i think a few dinosaurs survived to coexist with people, but there could have been so few that not many people saw them (hence the myths about "dragons".
Don't have time to go into it now, but there is a theory that "dragons" are just a medieval form of modern "UFO" sightings. It has been suggested that such "phenomenal sightings" seem to keep pace with peoples' knowledge and technology.

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

And remember the prehisoric fish that have been found in deep oceans and washed up on beaches from time to time.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

colors wrote:sofalogic,

still, i'm looking for intelligent, well-informed input. if that's the best you can respond (and your other posts verify this), i'll have to pass. :wink:
The pics are not to be taken seriously. They are in humor.

Intelligent and well-informed? I am not basing my opinion on something as flimsy as folklore. I base my opinion on something a little bit more solid such as the vast amount of scientific evidence which indicates dinos were extinct long before man.

Do you believe in Santa, the Easter bunny, and the tooth fairy? Stories of them have been passed down through generations so odds are the exist, right?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Deborah wrote:And remember the prehisoric fish that have been found in deep oceans and washed up on beaches from time to time.
The key there might be they have been found.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

sofalogic wrote:
colors wrote:sofalogic,

The pics are not to be taken seriously. They are in humor.

Intelligent and well-informed? I am not basing my opinion on something as flimsy as folklore. I base my opinion on something a little bit more solid such as the vast amount of scientific evidence which indicates dinos were extinct long before man.

Do you believe in Santa, the Easter bunny, and the tooth fairy? Stories of them have been passed down through generations so odds are the exist, right?
I'll take the words of witnesses over modern day "scientists" in this matter any day. If their claim is even remotely realistic, their word is above that of people who lived thousands of years later (IE:US)

If so many people say they saw a giant reptile, then odds are, there was one.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Crocodiles and alligators are prehistoric too
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

sofalogic,
the pics are not to be taken seriously.
i didn't take them seriously, i really laughed when i saw them, honest!
I base my opinion on something a little bit more solid such as the vast amount of scientific evidence which indicates dinos were extinct long before man.
there's much evidence against these theories (they are far from indisputable), but i can see you've already made up your mind.
Do you believe in Santa, the Easter bunny, and the tooth fairy? Stories of them have been passed down through generations so odds are they exist, right?
silly rabbit, wrong. while there is much evidence that dinosaurs not only existed, but may have coexisted with man, there is no proof for these other thingies. it must suck to not be able to tell the difference.

p.s. take a chill pill, dude.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

deborah, yeah, i remember that prehistoric fish. kind of spooky!
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

mastermind,

people thought the giant squid was a myth until just a few years ago when one was found in the stomach of a humpback whale.

on loch ness,

yeah, i don't think they ever found nessy, but maybe it died or made its way to the ocean. :( :)
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

k,

it would be cool to read about that.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Mastermind wrote:I'll take the words of witnesses over modern day "scientists" in this matter any day. If their claim is even remotely realistic, their word is above that of people who lived thousands of years later (IE:US)

If so many people say they saw a giant reptile, then odds are, there was one.
It's more likely that people saw an average sized lizard somewhere warmer and then upon migration to a colder climate where the lizards were tiny newts, it got blown out of proportion. It is also possible that something like, say the komodo dragon existed in europe and went exitinct.

And personally, I would rather take hard evidence from scientists than conjecture about medieval stories from a modern perspective.