Prayer for a dear friend

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Yes, he was only 42. His youngest is only 7.

Judah, Tony is doing fine. His surgery was successful, and he made a pretty swift recovery.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

August wrote:I am sad to share with all of you that my friend Kerry has gone to be with the Lord today. His place on earth will be empty. Please remember his wife and 3 children in your prayers.
Sorry for the news brother. May the Lord be with his family, friends and loved ones in this difficult time. His wisdom is beyond measure but I suspect your friend already got a glimpse of it.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

Sorry to hear this August!! It is always a Sad moment when people leave this earth. However may you rejoice for you will see him once again!

May the Lord Bless his Family greatly and you in your time of sorrow

In Christ
August
Old School

Re: Prayer for a dear friend

Post by August »

It looks as if I owe all of you a huge apology. This "friend" of mine apparently had a double life, and staged his own death to avoid arrest and prosecution. He is very much alive and awaiting trial.

I humble apologize to all of you. I feel betrayed and disappointed, but also very ashamed that I lead all of you to believe this.
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Wow. No apology needed. You were just reporting what you knew.

What a remarkable development. Sorry for the family and friends who were deceived.
FFC
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Absolutely no apologies needed. This was the first I have ever heard of anything like this happening outside of a movie.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Betrayed, yes. Ashamed, you have absolutely no reason to be. Prayers never go in vein anyway. I hope they will serve him in a different capacity, to see the error of his ways and repent.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

Hi August

Dont you dare feel ashamed. You have only down what a loving faithful Christian human being would have done. I will pray that you may find peace through this betrayal.

What a development though!. Unbelievable. I thought things like this only happen in soap operas. Did any of his family know about this - how are they coping?

God Bless

Silvertusk.
August
Old School

Post by August »

Friends, thanks for your messages of support. But I do still feel kind of stupid having asked for prayers from all of you. I guess what makes it worse for me is that I was the one that married him and his wife, and was constantly ministering to him, and we even discussed how I would be the one to take care of the funeral service. I even wrote my funeral sermon after hearing of his "death".

He claimed to have a rare kind of internal melanoma, which would have had him dead by March. I saw him at his birthday party, and he seemed to have some pain. A week or so later, we heard that he and his wife had gone on holiday to the Caribbean and then heard a few days later that he had passed on. In the meantime, I knew that he was on probation for a felony, which he was open about. Obviously, when he "died", he stopped obeying the rules of his probation, which resulted in his name getting onto the county's most wanted list. I considered calling the sheriffs dept to tell them that he had passed, but imagine my surprise when a few days later, it noted "Arrested" on the most wanted list next to his name. I then checked the public record, and found him in county jail, arrested not 20 miles from where we live. He is currently awaiting trial on a host of charges, including arson and terroristic threats (threats of violence against a family or group, not terror acts).

So yes, this sounds like something from a soap opera or movie. I was so gullible. Even though I knew he had a shady past, I really thought that I was getting through to him in his last days, only to find out that I was being lied to in the worst possible manner.

bizzt
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

WOW!!! I have never heard of that happening. Are you going to go see him? Or have you seen him since? As the Lord has his hand on you may he minister to your Heart and Mind! Please there is no need to apoligize! It is a trust that you put in him and unfortunately it was deceived. It would have happened to any of us!
August
Old School

Post by August »

Tim, I have not seen him since, and I am not planning to see him right now. When justice has run its course I may go visit him in prison.

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

August wrote:So yes, this sounds like something from a soap opera or movie. I was so gullible. Even though I knew he had a shady past, I really thought that I was getting through to him in his last days, only to find out that I was being lied to in the worst possible manner.
Hey John, don't feel bad about this.. I have been duped by a few friends myself. Just for exposing these things to us shows that you are a man of integrity. Most people would have stayed hush about this..

You are a good man in my book...

Take care and God bless..

G-
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
h.wood
Newbie Member

Re:

Post by h.wood »

FFC wrote:I will pray too. God is still a God of miracles.

* Father please touch this one and heal him, as we know that you can do all things if it is your will. We lift him up in the name of your precious Son. amen.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Silvertusk »

Just out of curiosity - any further developments with this?

Silvertusk.