Only One God and it's not jesus

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
m1201
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Re: Only One God and it's not jesus

Post by m1201 »

Donkey,usually people who claim that Christian is so lazy to burden people is non-christian. I think i know what u are believe in. I want to ask u a question:
1.What does Jesus mean when he says that He and Father are one?
i really need your opinion.
nickelodeon
Acquainted Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by nickelodeon »

m1201 wrote:Donkey,usually people who claim that Christian is so lazy to burden people is non-christian. I think i know what u are believe in. I want to ask u a question:
1.What does Jesus mean when he says that He and Father are one?
i really need your opinion.

I am not donkey but I will answer.

John 17:20-23 NET
17:20 “I am not praying57 only on their behalf, but also on behalf of those who believe58 in me through their testimony,59 17:21 that they will all be one, just as you, Father, are in me and I am in you. I pray60 that they will be in us, so that the world will believe that you sent me. 17:22 The glory61 you gave to me I have given to them, that they may be one just as we are one — 17:23 I in them and you in me that they may be completely one,62 so that the world will know that you sent me, and you have loved them just as you have loved me.

Jesus says that he and the father are 1 in spirit and in pupose. This is understood because he also says that we the body shall be one with him as he is with the father. You wouldnt claim that you can become one with Jesus or any other human for that matter, but in spirit and in purpose you can. To think that Jesus is saying that he and his father are one person is completely untrue. Who is the same as their father? Nonsense. Jesus was Yahweh's human son in which he created in the womb of a virgin Israelite. Not by sex but by his creative power,(Holy Spirit). Jesus said This is eternal life that they may know thee the one and only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent. If The Father is the only true God then all others gods must be false and if you say that Jesus is God then he is false. Jesus worshipped the one true God and showed us how to worship him. Jesus the 100% human being who was sinless showed us how to worship the 1 and only God of Israel and gave his sinless life for those that want to be reconcile to the God in which they transgressed. He showed us that sin must be crucified in our lives as he crucified sin in his life if we would even start to expect to be in the Kingdom of God when Jesus returns to reign in that Kingdom in Jerusalem.

Whoever puts his hand to the plow and turns back is not fit for the Kingdom.

In Love,
Nick
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

-
-
Only God is Savior the Bible declares:

Isaiah 43:11-12, "I, I am the LORD, and besides me there is no savior. 12 I declared and saved and proclaimed, when there was no strange god among you; and you are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and I am God."

Isaiah 42:8, "I am the LORD; that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols."

Isaiah 45:21-23, "Declare and present your case; let them take counsel together! Who told this long ago? Who declared it of old? Was it not I, the LORD? And there is no other god besides me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none besides me. 22 "Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other. 23 By myself I have sworn; from my mouth has gone out in righteousness a word that shall not return: 'To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear allegiance.'

Titus 2:13-14, "...waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works. 15 Declare these things; exhort and rebuke with all authority. Let no one disregard you.

Titus 3:4-6, "But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior."

Isaiah 48:11, "For my own sake, for my own sake, I do it, for how should my name be profaned? My glory I will not give to another."

Hosea 13:4, “But I am the LORD your God from the land of Egypt; you know no God but me, and besides me there is no savior.”

No other savior other than God and Jesus called savior and God will not give his glory to another - who is Christ Jesus?

There is no Rock other than God…

Isaiah 44:7-8, "Who is like me? Let him proclaim it. Let him declare and set it before me, since I appointed an ancient people. Let them declare what is to come, and what will happen. 8 Fear not, nor be afraid; have I not told you from of old and declared it? And you are my witnesses! Is there a God besides me? There is no Rock; I know not any."

1 Samuel 2:2, "There is none holy like the LORD; there is none besides you; there is no rock like our God."

2 Samuel 22:32, "For who is God, but the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God? "

Deuteronomy 32:15, "But Jeshurun grew fat, and kicked; you grew fat, stout, and sleek; then he forsook God who made him and scoffed at the Rock of his salvation. "

1 Corinthians 10:4, "...and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ."

The Rock was Christ! He is also called the Cornerstone which is also a large Rock shaped for a purpose:

Act 4:11-12, "This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone. 12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."

Romans 9:33. "...as it is written, "Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense; and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame."

Yet it is written:

Isaiah 43:11, "I, I am the LORD, and besides me there is no savior.”

Who else can Jesus Be other than God?

There in none like God. That is why the Trinity makes sense as it perserves that there is none like God.

All Bible Quotes from the ESV
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
nickelodeon
Acquainted Member

Post by nickelodeon »

B. W. wrote:-
-
Only God is Savior the Bible declares:

Isaiah 43:11-12, "I, I am the LORD, and besides me there is no savior. 12 I declared and saved and proclaimed, when there was no strange god among you; and you are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and I am God."

Isaiah 42:8, "I am the LORD; that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols."

Isaiah 45:21-23, "Declare and present your case; let them take counsel together! Who told this long ago? Who declared it of old? Was it not I, the LORD? And there is no other god besides me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none besides me. 22 "Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other. 23 By myself I have sworn; from my mouth has gone out in righteousness a word that shall not return: 'To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear allegiance.'

Titus 2:13-14, "...waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works. 15 Declare these things; exhort and rebuke with all authority. Let no one disregard you.

Titus 3:4-6, "But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior."

Isaiah 48:11, "For my own sake, for my own sake, I do it, for how should my name be profaned? My glory I will not give to another."

Hosea 13:4, “But I am the LORD your God from the land of Egypt; you know no God but me, and besides me there is no savior.”

No other savior other than God and Jesus called savior and God will not give his glory to another - who is Christ Jesus?

There is no Rock other than God…

Isaiah 44:7-8, "Who is like me? Let him proclaim it. Let him declare and set it before me, since I appointed an ancient people. Let them declare what is to come, and what will happen. 8 Fear not, nor be afraid; have I not told you from of old and declared it? And you are my witnesses! Is there a God besides me? There is no Rock; I know not any."

1 Samuel 2:2, "There is none holy like the LORD; there is none besides you; there is no rock like our God."

2 Samuel 22:32, "For who is God, but the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God? "

Deuteronomy 32:15, "But Jeshurun grew fat, and kicked; you grew fat, stout, and sleek; then he forsook God who made him and scoffed at the Rock of his salvation. "

1 Corinthians 10:4, "...and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ."

The Rock was Christ! He is also called the Cornerstone which is also a large Rock shaped for a purpose:

Act 4:11-12, "This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone. 12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."

Romans 9:33. "...as it is written, "Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense; and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame."

Yet it is written:

Isaiah 43:11, "I, I am the LORD, and besides me there is no savior.”

Who else can Jesus Be other than God?

There in none like God. That is why the Trinity makes sense as it perserves that there is none like God.

All Bible Quotes from the ESV
-
-
-
You are exactly right God is our only saviour becasue he ordained the man Jesus Christ as a means of salvation. The brazen serpent on the stick in the wilderness was not God himself but was the means in which God saved those that were inflicted. The ark that Noah went into was not God but it was the way and means that God saved him. The ocean that drowned the Egyptians wasnt God but was the way and means in which God delivered the Israelites. David wasnt God but he was the way and means that God delivered the Israelites from the Philistines. Jesus isnt God but he is our brazen serpent, our ark, our ocean, and our David. He was a man that God used to deliver his people and still does. If you will look to him you may live just like the serpent on the stick. If you get "in Christ" the ark which floats on troubled waters you can find salvation. You have so many scriptures that frustrate your belief but support Jesus as a man.

The one that outweighs all of them is and is absolutely unrefutable: "This is life eternal, that (mankind) might know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent" (John 17:3). If eternal life is summed up in knowing the one true God then we better listen to Jesus' words that claim there is only one true God and that is his father the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Jesus. If Jesus is a God then he is a fake one and he even says so himself. For the one and only true God is the God of Jesus. For he went unto his God and my God. He worship his God and father. It is very simple and there is no need to boggle your mind with a made up doctrine that tries to take 3 entities and make them one. Where in all of Gods creation have you seen this? In reality this is a defect and a mutation when something like this happens. For the creation is supposed to manifest the Godhead. Three in one Gods came from 6th century Babylon or (Chaldea). They had Gods that were 3 entities in one while the God of Israel disciplined the Israelites to keep away from this nation and not to follow their Gods.

God is absolute in number. That is 1.

v/r,
Nick
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

nickelodeon wrote:You are exactly right God is our only saviour becasue he ordained the man Jesus Christ as a means of salvation…. Jesus isn't God but he is our brazen serpent, our ark, our ocean, and our David. He was a man that God used to deliver his people and still does. If you will look to him you may live just like the serpent on the stick. If you get "in Christ" the ark which floats on troubled waters you can find salvation. You have so many scriptures that frustrate your belief but support Jesus as a man ... v/r, Nick
It is written:

For Jesus not to be God manifest in the flesh means he cannot and could never save without God violating his own word. Please note that all human deliverers had foibles and made mistakes, none were perfect and none were without sin. Only God is holy and without sin. God and man reconciled through Christ 'is' truer than your think. Jesus shared in our humanity thus he was 100% man as well as 100% God manifest in the flesh to be sinless, perfect, and holy. This the bible also teaches.
nickelodeon wrote: God is absolute in number. That is 1. v/r, Nick
It is written:

2 Samuel 7:22, :Therefore you are great, O LORD God. For there is none like you, and there is no God besides you, according to all that we have heard with our ears..." ESV

Deuteronomy 33:26, "There is none like God, O Jeshurun, who rides through the heavens to your help, through the skies in his majesty..." ESV

Psalms 40:5, "...You have multiplied, O LORD my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told..." ESV

Isaiah 46:9, "...remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me..." ESV

Yes, God is one yet there is none like God. Is God of the same type of oneness as Zeus, and other false singular deities? If so, then God is not unlike all others.

In order to understand and grasp the Trinity better concerning how it articulates the oneness of God think of the Father expressed as the Nature of one God, The Son expressing the Character of one God, and the Holy Spirit expressed as the power/life of one God and you'll begin to see that there is none like the Lord.

For you to reduce God to the same level of oneness as Zeus denies the unique oneness of God. This makes me wonder if the Jewish people as well as others are breaking the commandment mentioned below:

Deuteronomy 5:8-9, “Thou shalt not make unto thee a graven image, even any manner of likeness, of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 9 Thou shalt not bow down unto them, nor serve them; for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the third and upon the fourth generation of them that hate Me…” JPS

The Jewish people will one day look upon the one whom they pierced recognizing Jesus for who and what he is…

Nick, I maybe wrong but you sound like that you are instructing people to break this commandment by reducing God into an image of oneness like Zeus.

The doctrine of the Trinity preserves the unique oneness of God while at the same time proving that there is none like God! What you espouse does not.

Lastly please note that the Old Testament (OT) uses many names for God and that the OT reveals the Trinity in these names.

-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
nickelodeon
Acquainted Member

Post by nickelodeon »

Everything that this thread is about boils down to the irrefutable words of the saviour himself:
NET
JOHN 17:3 Now this is eternal life — that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you sent.

If God the father is the only true God then all other gods or god wannabees are fake including Jesus. I KNOW that Jesus worshiped the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He wasnt equal with him by any means. He was a creation the Father made in the womb of Mary.

If Jesus was God then he would have basically put on a human suit and nailed it to the cross, because according to your theology he never really died only the flesh suit he was wearing did. Flesh is Grass according to the scriptures.

You fail to realize the agony and pain of death that the man Jesus Christ went through to give us a sacrifice that is deemed worthy in the sight of God, the one and only God. You have turned his sacrifice into a fake. According to you doctrine, Jesus didnt really give his life, for he was still alive after he said it is finished and he died.

I teach wht the bible teaches and that is: He gave his entire existence for his friends and that my friend is true love.

If he was God and he knew everything about humans why did he learn and grow in wisdom and favor with God the same way all humans in the Bible that are metioned that found favor with God.

Can you truly empty yourself and become nothing to the point that you have to have Mary nurse you, and wipe your drool from your face because you are nothing but a baby. Not you but Jesus

God cannot die for:
he alone has immortality, who dwelleth in unapproachable light which no man has seen or can see. 2 Timothy 6:16

So with this scripture we can understand that Jesus wasnt God and at the point in time when 2nd Timothy was written still nobody had seen God. The reason is because of sin. In the beginning we see God walking in the cool of the day in the Garden. He cant dwell with us any longer because of sin and ever since Adam and Eve transgressed God has used agents to represent himself.

Not even Moses saw God and it says specifically in Exodus that he did. Stephen helps you realize what Moses really saw:

NET
Acts
7:30 “After82 forty years had passed, an angel appeared to him in the desert83 of Mount Sinai, in the flame of a burning bush.84 7:31 When Moses saw it, he was amazed at the sight, and when he approached to investigate, there came the voice of the Lord, 7:32 'I am the God of your forefathers,85 the God of Abraham, Isaac,86 and Jacob.

Jesus was another representative for God who created him to be his own son that he might be the first among many brethren. How can we be Jesus' brothers and sisters if he is equal to God or if he is God.

2:16 For surely his concern is not for angels, but he is concerned for Abraham's descendants. 2:17 Therefore he had28 to be made like his brothers and sisters29 in every respect, so that he could become a merciful and faithful high priest in things relating to God, to make atonement30 for the sins of the people. 2:18 For since he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are tempted.

Also look at the tempted part that is highlighted. God cannot be tempted and if Jesus is God or a co-equal entity with God then he would be lacking in this respect. God's omnipotence is what is matchless about him. Look at the scriptures.

NET
James
1:13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted by evil,15 and he himself tempts no one.

Please dont write back that God can be tempted in human flesh for that is no where found in any bible translation.

You would really find true love for God and his Christ if you understood this basic principal of the Gospel of the Kingdom. I pray that you will find the truth and that is may bless you. Sin will be so much easier to overcome when you realize the true Gospel message and who your enemy really is.

In Jesus Name,
Nick
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Nick,

This subject has been discussed ad infinitum on this board. Please do a search, and more importantly, please don't come here preaching to the choir.

This thread is locked.

Byblos,
Moderator.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.