Who was Adam?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Who was Adam?

Post by ageofknowledge »

Poor declining health, arthritic disfigurement, constant 24/7 pain, possible lupus, long term unemployment with no money and no access to disabilty or medical care beyond a high deductible plan because when I was healthy I earned too much in an ESOP I can't access for years ensuring I live without any aid whatsoever, etc... You know things like that. The cherry on the cake is knowing my best efforts have availed me nothing and that God will not help me because "His grace is sufficient for me and His strength is made perfect in weakness" so I will simply grow sicker and more disfigured and indigenous facing many great battles with pain and only naproxin to gulp down for it because the translation is that He isn't and doesn't have to do anything about it and my best efforts have so far availed me nothing.

But enough about me. How are things going on your end?
Canuckster1127 wrote:What are you so angry about age of knowledge?
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

ageofknowledge wrote:Poor declining health, arthritic disfigurement, constant 24/7 pain, possible lupus, long term unemployment with no money and no access to disabilty or medical care beyond a high deductible plan because when I was healthy I earned too much in an ESOP I can't access for years ensuring I live without any aid whatsoever, etc... You know things like that. The cherry on the cake is knowing my best efforts have availed me nothing and that God will not help me because "His grace is sufficient for me and His strength is made perfect in weakness" so I will simply grow sicker and more disfigured and indigenous facing many great battles with pain and only naproxin to gulp down for it because the translation is that He isn't and doesn't have to do anything about it and my best efforts have so far availed me nothing.

But enough about me. How are things going on your end?
Canuckster1127 wrote:What are you so angry about age of knowledge?
Cancer, family problems, vision blurring but probably not as rough as what you're going through right now. But if you think the anger is helping you out then that's up to you. Let me know how it works out for you. If you'd like to talk it through some more and would like me to assist with working through anything, please let me know.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

Sorry to hear it. I hope you have medical insurance and a job or income of some kind. I'm sorely lacking those though I occassionally find a bone.. enough to survive on until the next revolution of pain strikes. I try not to think about it most days but then reality pokes it's ugly head through again and...
roysan78
Acquainted Member
Christian: No

Post by roysan78 »

I personally don't believe there ever was a first man or woman. I think that Genesis tells a certain tale and here's what it should be taken as, in my eyes:

There were humans, and GOd called man 'Adam' and women 'Eve'. I believe the story of Genesis tells one thing : The rise of man, the rebellion against God, and then the fall of man. Plain and simple. I don't think there was a first man or woman cause biology doesn't work like that.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

roysan78 wrote:I personally don't believe there ever was a first man or woman. I think that Genesis tells a certain tale and here's what it should be taken as, in my eyes:

There were humans, and GOd called man 'Adam' and women 'Eve'. I believe the story of Genesis tells one thing : The rise of man, the rebellion against God, and then the fall of man. Plain and simple. I don't think there was a first man or woman cause biology doesn't work like that.
How do you explain the sudden appearance of modern humans?