question

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Cross.eyed
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: question

Post by Cross.eyed »

jenna wrote:Thank you K, for your prayers. And thank you, cross-eyed for your post, also. Maybe I will try your way. It seems like a good way to resolve things. :wave:
You are more than welcome and, if you don't mind, it is my pleasure to offer up prayer also.
I am the wretch the song refers to.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

Cross.eyed wrote:
jenna wrote:Thank you K, for your prayers. And thank you, cross-eyed for your post, also. Maybe I will try your way. It seems like a good way to resolve things. :wave:
You are more than welcome and, if you don't mind, it is my pleasure to offer up prayer also.
Of course I don't mind! And thank you also. :D
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
JCSx2
Valued Member

Post by JCSx2 »

jenna wrote:
johnt wrote:Okay what about his beliefs are they pretty much the opposite?
Yes, his are pretty much the same as "normal" people's are. We agree on a few points, but not many. :|
So with what you listed above as you beliefs and his are "normal", then you both believe you are following Gods word.............?

Ask this question now,

With the out come will it lessen the glory of God if you follow his methods? Will it lessen the glory of God if you follow yours?
Definition of a Veteran. A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

That's a good question. I think my main point here isn't about the glory of God, though. I am simply having trouble getting him to understand why I believe what I do. Agreement may not be totally necessary, as I understand different people have different ways of thinking. Understanding each other is our main problem.
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
JCSx2
Valued Member

Post by JCSx2 »

jenna wrote:That's a good question. I think my main point here isn't about the glory of God, though. I am simply having trouble getting him to understand why I believe what I do. Agreement may not be totally necessary, as I understand different people have different ways of thinking. Understanding each other is our main problem.
Might be an agree to disagree situation, respect each others differences.

As long as the disagreements do not hurt each other, then it may be the way to go.

Good luck, and pray on it.
Definition of a Veteran. A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.