I don't know if I am an agnoistic or a Christian

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Cross.eyed
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: I don't know if I am an agnoistic or a Christian

Post by Cross.eyed »

B. W. wrote:Hi Tabitha,

I would recommend a good book that answers your questions more fully:

I don't have enough faith to be an atheist

God Bless!
-
-
-
Hi Tabitha, B.W. is right, this book has one of the best explanations on the subject of Jesus' resurrection without being tedious.
"Skeptics must provide more than alternative theories to the resurrection; they must provide first-century evidence for those theories." Gary Habermas comments from I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist by Norman L. Geisler and Frank Turek
Chapter 12 is devoted entirely to the subject you are concerned with; Did Jesus Really Rise from the Dead?
There are seven sections in this chapter;

1)The Resurrection: What Do Scholars Say?

2)Skeptical About Skeptical Theories

3)Do You Have Any Evidence for That?

4)Why Don't All Scholars Believe?

5)Context! Context! Context!

6)Extraordinary Claims and Self-Cancelling Evidence

7)Conclusion: One Solitary Life

I hope this helps to peak your interest

btw: Welcome to the board.
I am the wretch the song refers to.
Pearl
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: I don't know if I am an agnoistic or a Christian

Post by Pearl »

Just a thought. God wants your mind, for you to engage fully but once you establish that there is a reasonable chance God did just what he said he did....the choice is like the scene in Indiana Jones where he steps out into mid air and it looks like he'll fall but really there is a bridge he just couldn't see.......it's called faith for a reason. It's a wager....I suggest you give God a chance to show you he is real, "He who believes little sees little..." Pearl