Mercy of God?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Mercy of God?

Post by FFC »

Zebulon wrote:
FFC wrote:
Zebulon wrote:
FFC wrote:You really are out of your mind, my brother. :lol:
I love you to, my brother. It is so well humble of you. So nice to be accepted as it I am. Brothers and sisters. It can not be less than lightening. I believe more in you than in the bible. So do I believe more in women and men than in the bible. Bible is a tool. Human are not, they are life.

Well human are of God. And God is of human.

Zebulon
y:O2
At least say why... :wave:

Zebulon
The bible is God's word. It is alive and eternal, just as God is alive and eternal. Knowing that, I would much rather put my belief in the bible than anything a frail finate human, including myself, can do, say, or show me.

Your saying smacked of humanism and rendered me speechless. :?
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Zebulon
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Zebulon »

FFC wrote: The bible is God's word. It is alive and eternal, just as God is alive and eternal. Knowing that, I would much rather put my belief in the bible than anything a frail finate human, including myself, can do, say, or show me.

I understand FFC.

You see I have 11 different bibles. None of them are saying the same things and none are saying things the same way. In some of them Jesus is called Immanuel or Emanuel, God is called Yavhe, God Yahe, Yavhe God, God, Lord and so on. I am thus very carefull to decide what is God words. To me God and his son Jesus are wholy, not the bible as it is a book. But hey, I can be wrong. We will see.

Lately I have more of a tendancy to acknowlege that maybe the Temple is wholy. Could the Temple be our body, ourselves impregnated with God and His son reflected in and with our actions in this world?

I can be wrong. We will see.

Zebulon
FFC

Post by FFC »

Zebulon wrote:
FFC wrote: The bible is God's word. It is alive and eternal, just as God is alive and eternal. Knowing that, I would much rather put my belief in the bible than anything a frail finate human, including myself, can do, say, or show me.

I understand FFC.

You see I have 11 different bibles. None of them are saying the same things and none are saying things the same way. In some of them Jesus is called Immanuel or Emanuel, God is called Yavhe, God Yahe, Yavhe God, God, Lord and so on. I am thus very carefull to decide what is God words. To me God and his son Jesus are wholy, not the bible as it is a book. But hey, I can be wrong. We will see.

Lately I have more of a tendancy to acknowlege that maybe the Temple is wholy. Could the Temple be our body, ourselves impregnated with God and His son reflected in and with our actions in this world?

Zebulon

I believe the Bible can be translated in many ways but the meaning should be the same. If not I would question the translation. You are right, the bible is a book, but if we are told it is God's words to us, then we should trust it and hold it in reverence. Not worship it, but understand that it is as close to hearing God as we are going to get this side of heaven. It is what you do with those words that show who you are in Christ/God.

Zebulon, what does a person have to do to recieve the mercy of God?
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female

Post by cslewislover »

FFC wrote:
Zebulon wrote:

I understand FFC.

Zebulon

I believe the Bible can be translated in many ways but the meaning should be the same. If not I would question the translation. You are right, the bible is a book, but if we are told it is God's words to us, then we should trust it and hold it in reverence. Not worship it, but understand that it is as close to hearing God as we are going to get this side of heaven. It is what you do with those words that show who you are in Christ/God.

Zebulon, what does a person have to do to recieve the mercy of God?
Yes, I agree. Zeb, you seem maybe like you're reading too much into the differences in the translations. Maybe some of the translations you're reading aren't really that good. There are verses where there is controversy, and you'd need to research those and put them in the light of the whole word of God.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Zebulon
Valued Member

Post by Zebulon »

FFC wrote:Zebulon, what does a person have to do to recieve the mercy of God?
First to be convinced about God and Jesus. Not about a book.
Sorry.
cslewislover wrote:Yes, I agree. Zeb, you seem maybe like you're reading too much into the differences in the translations. Maybe some of the translations you're reading aren't really that good. There are verses where there is controversy, and you'd need to research those and put them in the light of the whole word of God.
Perhaps. But like many other in here I do read a lot of stuff and I try to figure what is my role if I have any, with God and the teaching of Jesus. I just dont take the bible for granted.

Take care,

Zebulon
FFC

Post by FFC »

Zebulon wrote:
FFC wrote:Zebulon, what does a person have to do to recieve the mercy of God?
First to be convinced about God and Jesus. Not about a book.
Sorry.
cslewislover wrote:Yes, I agree. Zeb, you seem maybe like you're reading too much into the differences in the translations. Maybe some of the translations you're reading aren't really that good. There are verses where there is controversy, and you'd need to research those and put them in the light of the whole word of God.
Perhaps. But like many other in here I do read a lot of stuff and I try to figure what is my role if I have any, with God and the teaching of Jesus. I just dont take the bible for granted.

Take care,

Zebulon
Zebulon, I am fully cinvinced about God and Jesus, but that would mean nothing unless it could be backed up by some sort of solid basis...like say the word of God, ie The Bible/Holy Scriptures. I'm not sure what your foundation is but if it is your thoughts and feelings then I would be very careful.

Zebulon
Valued Member

Post by Zebulon »

FFC wrote:Zebulon, I am fully cinvinced about God and Jesus, but that would mean nothing unless it could be backed up by some sort of solid basis...
I agree with you on that FFC.
FFC wrote:I'm not sure what your foundation is
I have no foundation except the experiences of others including Jesus and mine.
FFC wrote:but if it is your thoughts and feelings then I would be very careful.
How can it be anything else than my own thoughts and feelings? Just like you I was born without thoughts and feelings. I symply became what I am gradually with thoughts and feelings. Didnt you?

Cheers

Zebulon
FFC

Post by FFC »

Zebulon wrote:
FFC wrote:Zebulon, I am fully cinvinced about God and Jesus, but that would mean nothing unless it could be backed up by some sort of solid basis...
I agree with you on that FFC.
FFC wrote:I'm not sure what your foundation is
I have no foundation except the experiences of others including Jesus and mine.
FFC wrote:but if it is your thoughts and feelings then I would be very careful.
How can it be anything else than my own thoughts and feelings? Just like you I was born without thoughts and feelings. I symply became what I am gradually with thoughts and feelings. Didnt you?

Cheers

Zebulon
No, I started out with flawed thoughts and feeling and soon learned that, as the scriptures say, my heart is deceitful above all things. My thoughts and feelings were fleshly and prone to sin. As a new creature in Christ my mind has been renewed through the washing of regeneration of the holy Spirit and the word of God. If I could rely on my own thoughts and feelings I wouldn't need the bible either and what a sad state that would put me in .