Isaiah 45:7 Does God create evil? Is the KJB wrong?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
brandplucked
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Isaiah 45:7 Does God create evil? Is the KJB wrong?

Post by brandplucked »

Hi all. I have read quite a bit of John MacArthurs stuff and the man simply does not know what he is talking about. There are many outright false statements you just posted by this bible agnostic who does not believe there ever was and certainly is not now any complete and infallible Bible in any language. Did you even bother to look up the references MacA makes and see if he is right? Probably not. The man has no clue and no inerrant Bible to give to anyone.

Rather than waste a lot of time on something most of you will never even read or bother to look up for yourselves, I will just address the first five examples of what this false witness has to say

MacArthur's outright lies [/quote]1. Note in Romans 12:11 where the TR has "serving in season" but KJV, along with all modern versions, has "serving the Lord."

2. In I Thessalonians 2:15, the TR has the pronoun "you" while the KJV, along with all other modern versions, has the pronoun "us."

3. The King James Version in Revelation 11:1 has the reading, "And the angels stood." The TR, along with all modern versions, does not include this phrase.

4. If you read 1 John 2:23 in the KJV, you note that the translators included in italics the phrase, "But he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also." It is omitted in the TR but included as a part of the text in most modern versions.

5. Luke 17:36, "Two men shall be in the field; and one shall be taken, the other left" is included in the King James Version but it is omitted in the TR and all other modern versions.[/quote]

Every single one of these readings is found in the Textus Receptus put out by the Trinitarian Bible Society and is found in the Modern Greek Bible found online. Mac Arthur simply is lying.

Will Kinney
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Will,

Calling someone who disagrees with you a liar and other names is the last resort of someone who has lost the ability to address issues with any semblance of objectivity.

Your reputation for this sort of thing is easy to find just by googling your name.

It's fine that you disagree but this is not welcome in our community.

This is the last warning you sill receive.

Bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Canuckster1127 wrote:Will,

Calling someone who disagrees with you a liar and other names is the last resort of someone who has lost the ability to address issues with any semblance of objectivity.

Your reputation for this sort of thing is easy to find just by googling your name.

Bart
I can't believe he's calling John MacArthur a liar. :shock: How unhumble and uncharitable can one be? I mean a Christian. Even secular scientists and historians rarely do that. Jesus said that we would be known because of our love for one another (or unity, John 17:20-23); it's no wonder the world ridicules us and is confused. :(
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
brandplucked
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by brandplucked »

Canuckster1127 wrote:Will,

Bart

Bart, if what John MacArthur says is completely false and anybody with a rudimentary knowledge of Greek and who has a copy of the Trinitarian Bible Society Textus Receptus or access to the internet so he can see what the Modern Greek New Testament used by the Greek Orthodox churches today says can easily see that what MacArthur is saying is simply not true, what would you call what John Mac is saying? A fib? a prevarication? Abysmal Ignorance?

John MacArthur is another Bible Agnostic. He does not believe that any Bible in any language is or ever was the complete, inspired and 100% true words of God. He has no infallible Bible in any language to give to anyone, and couldn't find one if his life depended on it.

I have been on a MacArthur forum in the past and not one of them believes that any Bible IS or ever WAS the complete and pure words of God. They could not prove they were not Bible agnostics nor could they prove that the King James Bible was wrong or in error at any point. So the moderators wrote me telling that they did not believe the KJB was God's pure Bible (they couldn't prove it) and they said they would not be convinced otherwise and simply asked me to stop posting my defense of the King James Bible. So I quietly went away and left them to their own biblical agnosticism.

And by the way, I have never been banned from any King James Bible forum. That is just another false accusation.

Most Christians today simply do not believe that ANY Bible or any complete text in any language IS the complete, preserved and 100% true words of God. Each one has his own opinions and personal preferences, and you all disagree with each other regarding numerous texts and translations, with not a single one of you agreeing 100% of the time with anybody else as to what "the Bible" should say.

It's an Every Man For Himself Bible Versionism gone to seed, with each man becoming his own final authority.
Christians today actually read these fake, uninspired and contradictroy "bible" versions like the NKJV, NIV, NASB, ESV, Holman Standard etc. less and less and believe them less and less. Biblical ignorance is at an all time high, and the vast majority of pastors and seminarians will openly admit that they do not believe there exists or ever existed a complete, inspired and infallible Bible in any language. That is where we are at this present time in history.

All you have to do to prove that what John MacArthur says is not a lie, is to show us where in "the TR" what he said is true. Can you do that? I trow not.

You men are working your way towards banning me from this forum because you do not like the fact that you are being exposed as unbelieving Bible agnostics who no longer believe in the infallibility of the Scriptures as a present reality and instead embrace some religious sounding, philosophical hypothesis about "only in the originals" - which you have never seen and never did make up a complete Bible.

"He that hath ears to hear, let him hear." Matthew 11:15

Will Kinney
August
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

brandplucked wrote: It's an Every Man For Himself Bible Versionism gone to seed, with each man becoming his own final authority.
Will Kinney
Like you are with the KJB?

If you have any proof that the numerous Bible scholars who translated the different versions are involved in some huge conspiracy to misrepresent the word of God, let us see it.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Will,

We're not being "exposed" as anything. We simply openly disagree with you.

You have violated our discussion guidelines repeatedly and we have given you ample opportunity to discuss things without resorting to name calling and questioning people's motivations.

Bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

brandplucked wrote:Hi all. I have read quite a bit of John MacArthurs stuff and the man simply does not know what he is talking about. There are many outright false statements you just posted by this bible agnostic who does not believe there ever was and certainly is not now any complete and infallible Bible in any language. Did you even bother to look up the references MacA makes and see if he is right? Probably not. The man has no clue and no inerrant Bible to give to anyone.... Mac Arthur simply is lying.

Will Kinney

The Quote from the John MacArthur article http://www.biblebb.com/files/MAC/KJV.HTM

Is best summed up in the Final Note section..

…The gospel is crystal clear in either version. It is regrettable that an issue is being made over this matter in evangelical circles, especially when some extremists are making one's attitude toward the King James Version an article of faith, and unwarrantedly raising suspicions against those who do not.

Added to Bible Bulletin Board's "MacArthur's Collection" by:

Tony Capoccia
Bible Bulletin Board
Box 119
Columbus, New Jersey, USA, 08022
extremists are making one's attitude toward the King James Version an article of faith

You are that extremist, Will…

Because you unwarrantedly raise suspicions against those who do not hold to your views

MacArthur's article is correct in pointing this out. The issue is not that the KJV version is wrong but you making it an article of faith for orthodoxy.

Will - Please note

2 Peter 2:16, “But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb a-s-s speaking with man's voice forbade the madness of the prophet.” KJV

Certain words have changed in meaning since 1611…

I guess you consider anyone not agreeing with you as a dumb --- therefore let us help forbade your KJO madness!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys