Does the Bible condone violence against other religions?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
truthman
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Does the Bible condone violence against other religions?

Post by truthman »

Jlay
I think you are correct. Smiley is not being honest and sincere. He blatantly ignores obvious meaning in what we say.
I find no way in discussing or communicating with that. It is an exercise in futility.
Last edited by truthman on Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. " 1 Corinthians 13:1-2
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Truthman, I'm not picking on you. I just want to say to everyone posting (including myself), please tone it down with insulting posters (like calling someone a fool). We've had a lot of this lately, and I know it's frustrating when people don't seem to want to understand what you posted. I think expressing that is OK, but we need to try and be patient and charitable in the way we express it. We are not to resort to personal attacks, as is stated in the Discussion Guidelines, Mannerism. Thank you.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
truthman
Established Member

Post by truthman »

CSSL, God's blessings on you.
Last edited by truthman on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. " 1 Corinthians 13:1-2
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

truthman wrote:including attacking me and saying I am "condescending".
Although I have apologized, none have been made to me.
I'm sorry, but I don't know what I need to apologize for, honestly. I had written about the other issue, and you didn't respond to me (I was getting irritated, yes). You responded to someone else, and your answer was general, not acknowledging the issue at all, in my eyes. I've written about this before, but you don't seem to get it. I've moved on, will you? In the other note, too, you asked for me to apologize, so it seemed, for not caring whether someone leaves the site or not. Of course I care (as Canuckster pointed out) - which was an odd assumption on your part - and one that doesn't need apologizing for. So I really don't understand what is going on here. In addition, one of the recent notes here was towards everyone and I made that clear, I believe, so what is the problem? It is my duty to point out when things are getting out of hand on the board, and I even called myself out on this. I've decided to overlook how you responded about that other issue (you did not address me on it); am I to sit here and keep going on about it on the board?? No. If you really need me to, I'll copy the posts and show them to you in a pm, as to what I'm referring to that you don't seem to understand. Otherwise, can we please just move on? I am not going to stop my moderator duties. I apologize often to people and am very open to it, but when someone demands an apology for something that I don't see, then it seems like there is something else going on.

PM me if you want to discuss this farther.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

truthman wrote:CSSL, God's blessings on you.
It's not helpful to remove your post content after someone has responded to you. I did want to invite you to read the posts in question again, since I never said you were condescending. Others said it, but I did not.
musician
Recognized Member

Post by musician »

smiley wrote:I would like to hear Christian interpretations of the passages like this:
Here is what you need to know when interpreting these passages: God gave life to all humankind. Humankind rebelled. God gave His greatest possible effort toward redeeming humankind to life. This is as affirming of life as it gets.

- Nathan