Convince me

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
rcscwc
Newbie Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male

Re: Convince me

Post by rcscwc »

Yes I know. But I want to be convinced with "logic and reason" as someone claimed is required of christians.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

rcscwc wrote:Yes I know. But I want to be convinced with "logic and reason" as someone claimed is required of christians.
You won't be convinced because of your pride. Give up.

As an aside, do you see the lack of ''logic and reason'' in this statement of yours:
rcscwc wrote:Krishna is held to be infinite, withouit beginning and without end. On the other hand YHWH came to be known only about 6000 years ago.
FL :roll:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

rcscwc wrote:Yes I know. But I want to be convinced with "logic and reason" as someone claimed is required of christians.
You need "logic and reason" to get started. I fear you're issue is more emotional.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

You would have to be specific. Why do you consider that we are devoid of logic and reason?
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
rcscwc
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Post by rcscwc »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:

As an aside, do you see the lack of ''logic and reason'' in this statement of yours:
rcscwc wrote:Krishna is held to be infinite, withouit beginning and without end. On the other hand YHWH came to be known only about 6000 years ago.
I see arrogance in your post accusing me of pride.

Thread title itself is Convince me.
Kurieuo wrote:
You need "logic and reason" to get started. I fear you're issue is more emotional.
OK, please give that "reason and logic" not emotions as you display in your post.

neo-x wrote:
You would have to be specific. Why do you consider that we are devoid of logic and reason?
Then please show it and convince me that Christ is god while Krishna is not.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

rcscwc wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:

I see arrogance in your post accusing me of pride.

Thread title itself is Convince me.
Kurieuo wrote:
OK, please give that "reason and logic" not emotions as you display in your post.

neo-x wrote:
Then please show it and convince me that Christ is god while Krishna is not.
Because I have studied krishna and don't find him convincing at all. I studied Christ and found him convincing.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

rcscwc wrote:I see arrogance in your post accusing me of pride.
Never mind that. What about this:
Do you see the lack of ''logic and reason'' (your term!) in your question? Do you see the mistake you've made?

I'm still waiting.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by bippy123 »

rcscwc wrote:
truthman wrote:
yet one question, how is jahve more real than thor, ra, asator, ahti, krishna, perkele, turisas and all the other ''pagan'' gods?
By jahve I presume you refer to Jahwe or Jehovah, the Hebrew name for God transliterated into English.

The big difference is simple and big. Jehovah, the God of the Bible and Christianity is infinite. Other gods are finite.
A good atheist can easily prove that a finite god does not exist. No one can prove that the infinite God does not exist.
Please convince me that YHWH, god of Christianity is really infinite. Also convince me how Krishna is not.

Krishna is held to be infinite, withouit beginning and without end.
On the other hand YHWH came to be known only about 6000 years ago.
The historicity of Christ is stronger then the historicity of any ancient figure, including Krishna. The historicity of the resurrection is also very strong. Many of the embellishments of Krishna came after Christianity and were most likely taken from Christianity.

May I interest you in the shroud of turin thread we have here. My guess is you feel that its laced with kryptonite and you will avoid it :mrgreen:

Care to venture where few atheists dare to go? :mrgreen: