The complexity of life, Proof of God?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: The complexity of life, Proof of God?

Post by Gman »

Gabrielman wrote: Not only that, but for atheists it becomes a religion that they cling too. Then they start to deny the facts and try to hide from the truth and God, and the truth of God. Like they have anything to lose. Aside from seemingly having the answers, which they do not. Yet they think they have the answers for life's problems, and that if we were all like them that the world would be a better place. :P Heh, they wish. They think science is a god, but what they don't get is that their god is a powerless one, and a hopeless one.

Kristoffer, in our God is hope, and our faith, and a love that covers all sins and can make you new. You will find a new life in Him. You will find strength in Him, you will find what you seek, in God.
Exactimundo.. y:D
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
dayage
Valued Member

Post by dayage »

Do not forget this book. In it, Dr. Rana makes a cumulative case for a designer, and he goes beyond this to show how we can tell who the Designer is.
http://www.reasons.org/catalog/cells-de ... s-artistry
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

dayage wrote:Do not forget this book. In it, Dr. Rana makes a cumulative case for a designer, and he goes beyond this to show how we can tell who the Designer is.
http://www.reasons.org/catalog/cells-de ... s-artistry
:o Oh.... me like..... LOL thanks for posting that, I really need to read up on some of this stuff more so I can continue the thread. It is truly amazing to see the small bits and pieces that comprise our being. And what is more amazing is that it works so well! For most of us any way :? But still, nice suggestion there. I wonder if they have that at Borders.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

When talking about the genetics between humans and primates, there is another thing that people often forget to talk about too.. Those are HARs, specifically HAR1. Please read..

"Human accelerated regions (HARs), first described in August 2006,[1][2] are a set of 49 segments of the human genome which are conserved throughout vertebrate evolution but are strikingly different in humans. They are named HAR1 through HAR49 according to their degree of difference between humans and chimpanzees (HAR1 showing the largest degree of human-chimpanzee differences of the 49). Found by scanning through giant genomic databases of multiple species, some of these highly mutated areas are thought to have contributed to the development of human neuroanatomy, language, and complex thought.

Several of the HARs encompass genes known to produce proteins important in neurodevelopment. HAR1 is an 118 base pair stretch found on the long arm of chromosome 20 overlapping with part of the RNA genes HAR1F and HAR1R. HAR1F is active in the developing human brain. The HAR1 sequence is found (and conserved) in chickens and chimpanzees but is not present in fish or frogs that have been studied. There are 18 base pair mutations different between humans and chimpanzees, far more than expected by its history of conservation."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAR1
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

More to come soon, stay tuned. I will be looking at the inner workings of the cell and the complexity there in. Kristoffer, if you are still reading this, or ever here, I hope that this helps you see one of the reasons why we believe. Though know also it is not all scientific and that this is only a small part of it. It would be nice to see some history and other things that influence why we believe, but alas, I am a one trick pony...
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.