Why a sacrifice of thr innocent?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Why a sacrifice of thr innocent?

Post by Gman »

CeT-To wrote:No no! its not that your examples aren't good enough its just i can't seem to put them in a logical order to arrive at the answer of cleansing sin (past, present & future) because of His sacrifice.
Oh a cleansing sin? When we realize what God did for us, that God died for us and forgave us of our sins, basically we become a new creation. But that doesn't mean that we won't sin anymore. We still have to renew our minds and cast off our own sin nature Romans 12:2. With the help of God of course. God exposes our sin, and hopefully over time we will correct ourselves from sinning.

God forgave us of our sins, so in return we need to forgive others of their sins to us too including our own sins to ourselves.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
CeT-To
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by CeT-To »

Yup, how come we become a new creation? Is it because Jesus sacrifice now allowed the Holy Spirit to dwell in us?
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

CeT-To wrote:Yup, how come we become a new creation?
You already are a new creation once you have confessed Jesus as your Lord and savior. We just need to realize it and accept it.. Many times we go back to our old sin nature, but those are our sinful desires, not God's.
Is it because Jesus sacrifice now allowed the Holy Spirit to dwell in us?
Jesus sacrifice is available to everyone. So no, He already has allowed it a long time ago.. It's not like He is holding back the Holy Spirit waiting for us to respond. He already gave it, we just need to accept His sacrifice.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
CeT-To
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by CeT-To »

Ah yeah i knew we were a new creation, but how come we became one after confessing Jesus as our Lord and Savior?
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

CeT-To wrote:Ah yeah i knew we were a new creation, but how come we became one after confessing Jesus as our Lord and Savior?
When we realize (hopefully) that God died for us and the love He has for us.. Hopefully this guide can help as well..

A Guide For New Christians

Again the transformation can also come by renewing your mind to God. Testing yourself to see if you are walking with God or simply confessing your sins..

Romans 12:2 "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."

Galatians 6:4 "Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else."

Lamentations 3:40 "Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord."

James 5:16 "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed."