"Natural" Evil

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: "Natural" Evil

Post by neo-x »

Jonouchi Katsuya wrote:
I find... what you guys have said to BigTop to be the exact reason why my husband became Atheist... it is immoral to attack someone in such a way... name calling... the hurt, the pain, the abuse...

Your guys's words against this person... have hurt me. I feel that pain... I feel it deeply. To read such things... makes me weep for humanity.
Katsuya, why would you think that all humanity is lost here. I mean, Big top is an atheist, no body is trying to convert him, we are here to debate, to reason. as long as both get to say what they believe, there is nothing wrong with it. Big top could have easily said, God is a superstition (that is what he believes), but would you feel the same towards us, when our God is called names, Christians are ridiculed too, you know. I do not know, may be it is because of your husband or some other reason that you find all atheists quite appealing and rationale, and oppressed people, who are treated unjustly. well I have seen otherwise, though not all are the same, I agree - but at some point, what you believe comes out of your mouth, you yourself call Jesus a Demi-God, a sinner, I mean if Jesus was literally on this forum as a person, that would have hurt his feelings. As you are opposed to name calling, aren't you? The point is, this is a trivial issue here, we are not insulting people here. and to accuse us of that is not a very nice thing to say. In arguments one has to debate on his belief as well as the other's. And both got to take hits, but there is nothing such as bad as to "weep for all humanity". That is just uncalled for here. This is a forum to debate, If we all develop sensitivities like that, then I am afraid, there will be more misunderstandings than "getting along". I mean, through this forum, I have got to know that Big top is not like much atheists I have seen, he is a peaceful guy who respects what everyone believes, well there is nothing wrong with it. we are not bashing him, or you for that matter. So please try to understand that we are not arrogant, hateful people who just want to cut heads of people who don't believe in God.

And there are plenty of reasons why people become atheists, I know a lot of people who were treated very badly by Christians but they are stronger Christians and not like the ones that treated them wrong (I sometime wonder, if they should be even called Christians?)
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com