God's chosen people the Jews

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: God's chosen people the Jews

Post by Gman »

DannyM wrote:
No, but you still support Israel, no matter what you think of a certain action or policy. You don't somehow start siding with those whose ultimate agenda is to oppose Israel at every turn, just because of a misdirected action or unpalatable policy. Do you see what I mean, Bro?
Exactly Danny.. Many of these little things are used against Israel to bring it down. Some people would rather focus on a few bad things than look at all the good things Israel has done for us. I don't mean PaulSacramento here.. ;)
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

DannyM wrote:
Gman wrote:Here are some great teachings on the subject..

http://www.c4israel.org/c4i/teachings/articles
Cheers G :)
Thanks Danny... You DA man.. :P

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

If someone would have asked me a few years ago that I would have become a Christian Zionist I probably would have laughed. But that is exactly what I've become now... The blinders are slowly coming off. Praise God!! And pray for our Jewish brothers..

Shields up... Men.. ;)

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Gman on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:30 am

neo-x wrote:
Ofcourse Gman, that is a given. But then we have to define Israel. what is it? the Jews living in the area, the government? the ones who follow the law, who exactly are we talking about here? I am all up for supporting it, but what do you mean when you say Israel?

Jews are God's chosen people, I agree but then so is everyone who comes to Christ, we are all the same.

Yes.. All of it. Not to say that everything Israel does is always of God, but Israel is a people, with a covenant land, and with a government (even though it is secular). But yes, they do make mistakes just like any other government on this planet. But as I've stated before, the Israeli government far exceeds other governments I've seen in democracy. Not perfect, but not corrupt either. Has it been established by God? I think it has.. And one day it will turn into a true theocracy.
OK...about the govt. though, you are saying two things.

1. What Israel does is always of God.
2. It is secular, makes mistakes, not perfect just any other government on this planet (but no other govt. is of God either,, right?)

I see contradictions in the above two points.
ok.. And yes we know from scripture that God is not respecter of persons Ephesians 6:9.... However, God is also a God of roles... He has given the Jews "special" roles and a place in the world based on the covenants which are irrevocable. Please see Romans 11:28-29. But mind you it comes with a blessing and a curse.. Some of these blessings are the following..

1. Preservation - God has promised to preserve Israel nationally to the end of time (Genesis 17:7-8).

2. Oracles of God - God has committed his word to the Jew (Romans 3:1-2).

3. Believing Remnant During Church Age - Another blessing God has promised to Israel is that there would always be a believing remnant in every age (Rom. 11:5).

4. Of Whom, As Concerning the Flesh, Christ Came. The crowning glory of Israel is that when God became a man, He became a Jew.

5. The Reciprocal Blessing - When God called Abraham, He told him, "I will ble-ss them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee" (Gen. 12:3).

6. Promise of Restoration to the Land - One of the great national promises to Israel is that the Jewish people would be returned to their original land. This promise is repeated over and over again throughout the Scriptures (Amos 9:15).
Agreed to the fullest.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Gman wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote: I thought your questions rhetorical, sorry.
But I see hat you didn't answer mien as well ;)
Look, just to be clear, I support Israel, but that does NOT equal supporting their government when they screw up big time, like when their military killed Canadian soldiers during the "Lebanon situation", or when their government has a chance for peace and they compromise it, or when one of their own kills their own prime minister.
Yes.. Friendly fire. All governments are guilty of that one or even assassination .. This even happens the U.S.. But we don't throw it away either.
PaulSacramento wrote:I've been to Israel and I have quite a few jewish friends and I know that even for THEM, Israel is far more than the geographical Israel and it is NOT the government.
Just saying.
You of course can feel free to disagree and I respect your view 100%, as always.
No problem.. Not all Jews are Zionists.. True, but just because the government may do a few bad things doesn't mean we throw the baby out with the bath water either.. That's the point I'm trying to make here. ;)

100% agree with you on that my friend.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

PaulSacramento wrote: 100% agree with you on that my friend.
Thanks Paul... Even if you disagreed that's ok too... ;)

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

neo-x wrote:OK...about the govt. though, you are saying two things.
I don't see where I am..
neo-x wrote:1. What Israel does is always of God.
No I don't.. There are times I believe where they oppose God just like any other government.
neo-x wrote:2. It is secular, makes mistakes, not perfect just any other government on this planet (but no other govt. is of God either,, right?)

I see contradictions in the above two points.
I think they can do Godly things, and sometimes not Godly things.. That's about it. I think hands down that they do more what's right than wrong however.. AND I think they do what's in the best interest of the people there whether Jew or Arab too..

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

I think they can do Godly things, and sometimes not Godly things.. That's about it. I think hands down that they do more what's right than wrong however.. AND I think they do what's in the best interest of the people there whether Jew or Arab too..
Ah! I see. thanx bro.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com