Islamic open forums?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Islamic open forums?

Post by neo-x »

by Furstentum Liechtenstein » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:16 am

neo-x wrote:
It very easy to form a layman perception without thinking of other issues, factors and reasons that could result in me having thirteen korans. I suggest you do invest sometime on literary criticism before you assume how it is done. A good rule is to simply ask rather then spew out your dislike. Your statement assumes things without verifying my take on it.

Calm down! If you continue like this you'll have serious health problems by the time you're in your thirties. Some things are not worth the bother.

So, I got that you have 13 Korans for the reasons you stated. It still seems bizarre, though. Since you are 25, I'll assume that most of the people you meet are around 25; I seriously doubt most Muslims around 25 have enough introspection and humility to consider that the Koran is flawed, even if presented with evidence. Been there, done that.
say what? health problems?...thanks for the funny.

And my age has nothing to do with this...I don't think my words or your words, alone, can convince anyone. I can only help them understand to an extent, the conviction comes from God. It is only the Spirit of God which can do that, but reasoning helps. Once they learned something you can tell them more.

Try going to a Muslim and say it to his face "your book is flawed, crap and junk". If you are in a Muslim country, you'd probably find yourself imprisoned or dead by the next day. And if you are lucky and they didn't do that to you then you won no ground but to insult someone's religion, by calling it crappy, junk, flawed, whatever. You pushed people away from Christ, because of your attitude. It doesn't work that way. And I don't "ROUND OFF" the truth with just being nice. I let them see and decide what they make of it, I give them all the info, I give them a Bible, if they want to know more I can consult them, the rest is between them, their understating and God. If they come back, I can give them more.

And the resulting numbers are not very large, but once in a while, someone does get to know the truth. And to them and for them, it really matters. It took my family ten years to convert a Muslim family. And we didn't do it with just citing Koranic differences. A lot of it had to do with how we behaved and treated them. You cant truly be affectionate to someone on the superficial level and disrespect them at the same time in your heart, that's hypocrisy. Disagreeing with someone belief is different then being disrespectful.

And in Pakistan, where I live, this is a serious thing. I cant say in public that Korans don't match. Here if a burnt fragmented inch of the Koran paper is found in your house or at your door step (sometimes people who hate you can just burn some Koran and throw it in front of your house, happens a lot), you are taken into custody without warrants. You are not taken into a legal court. They take you to the sharia courts. They dont investigate, they just have to have two witnesses to carry out a death sentence. And if you are lucky and the police interferes (often they do not) and takes you to a federal or public court then the sentence is no less short.

So don't try to assume how and why I do what I do. You can talk all you want but if you're really that keen and VOCAL about it, try coming here and do it for a change.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

neo-x wrote:And in Pakistan, where I live
You're in Pakistan?! Forgive me...I thought you were just another one of us, a fat Westerner. Being in Pakistan changes everything; why didn't you say so in the first place? Now - now - I understand why you have 13 Korans. Context changes everything.
neo-x wrote:So don't try to assume how and why I do what I do. You can talk all you want but if you're really that keen and VOCAL about it, try coming here and do it for a change.
I think what you're doing is wonderful, and dangerous. More power to you!

FL :ssorry:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

Big up to neo-x, you have my respect man.

Doing God's work and doing it with a level head like that, we need more like you. All too often Christians let their "righteousness" get to their head and preach from a pedestal. Jesus never done that. He was humble and down to earth.

Furstentum Liechtenstein, at least you were man enough to appologise :)
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

FL y>:D< no apologies needed

Im glad we could agree on something.

Its natural to be frustrated at the naiveness of the Muslim world; at times it seems impossible. My only point was that pray for those people, pray for more people to work in places like these, pray for Christians who are persecuted every other day. A hostile view against other religions would just bring more hatred. You know when terry jones burnt the koran in the US...They burnt a whole Christian village in Pakistan because of it, stoned a pastor, demolished a church. Sometimes your actions 7 seas apart have a a direct effect here. I hope that people realize that.

Blessings to you.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Big up to neo-x, you have my respect man.
Love n respect Back at you, bro :cheers:

Btw..people here need a lot of prayers. Keep that in your prayers. ;)

without.

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

neo-x wrote:A hostile view against other religions would just bring more hatred.
Of course. Islam is just another form of idolatry and the Koran seems to be a big icon. I used to have a job that took me into many private homes. I was always dismayed in traditional Muslim homes because a Koran could be found either on a lecturn or fixed to a picture frame on a wall. It wasn't read, it was just there as a form of respect. Some Christians also idolize the Bible in this way, keeping it open to a favourite page - as a good luck charm - but never reading it. I have a secular Muslim friend (a Turk) who has never had a Koran and doesn't want one.

You certainly live in an awful place. Since God has placed you there, you must be the man for the job; may you continue to serve Him.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Found this an inspiring watch.
Tasked with proving the inaccuracy of the Bible and finding references to Mohammed in the Bible, Khalil (an extremist Muslim) can find no such thing and instead struggles with what he finds; which eventually leads him to converting to Christianity.

Khalil of Egypt, Part 1
Khalil of Egypt, Part 2
Khalil of Egypt, Part 3
Last edited by Stu on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Stu wrote:Found this an inspiring watch.
Tasked with proving the inaccuracy of the Bible and finding references to Mohammed in the Bible, Khalil (an extremist Muslim) can find no such thing and instead struggles with what he finds; which eventually leads him to converting to Christianity.

Khalil of Egypt, Part 1
Khalil of Egypt, Part 2

Thanks for that Stu, what a great resource.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Thanks for that Stu, what a great resource.
Sure thing. I have edited the post as there was in fact another part to the story that came before those two; showing a little more of his background (terrorism, true extremist in his beliefs) and how he was chosen as the one to "prove" the inaccuracy of the Bible.