What are your jobs?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: What are your jobs?

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
RickD wrote:

y:-? Sounds like you may be an electric meter reader, for the electric company?

Or, a real estate agent?
Excellent guesses! but WRONG. Meter readers walk around. Real estate agents work crazy hours. I drive, I work 9-to-5. I have 5-day work weeks when it is cold: during the summer, I work 2 or 3 days per week and I take a one month vacation; I now average 3.5/days per week.

I have a box for your book. I just need the bubble wrap.

FL
Coffee machine repairman?
This is tough! What do Canadiens need more of in the cold weather, than hot weather? y:-?

You own a vending business?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

RickD wrote:Coffee machine repairman?
BINGO Pretty smart!

I found some bubble wrap here. I'll need your address and I'll be able to send the Cabinet of Catholic Information by Saturday, 28 April.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
RickD wrote:Coffee machine repairman?
BINGO Pretty smart!

I found some bubble wrap here. I'll need your address and I'll be able to send the Cabinet of Catholic Information by Saturday, 28 April.

FL
I worked in vending for about 6 years, and did some minor coffee machine repairs, myself. Actually, it was one of my favorite jobs. I'll pm you where to send my winning prize.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Dallas
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Dallas »

PaulSacramento wrote: I'm working on my Bach in theology myself :)
Anything that I should do to prepare me for it? I was told by someone to stay in scripture.
Vigilate super me Dominus

Down the road i'll hit many bumps, but as long as you're driving Lord, i'll be fine.
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by BavarianWheels »

Dallas wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote: I'm working on my Bach in theology myself :)
Anything that I should do to prepare me for it? I was told by someone to stay in scripture.
Seems like good logical thinking to me.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

OK, RickD,

Your prize is on its way. The lady at the post office told me that it will be taken to the Canada/US border by oxcart then, once in the USA, would be put on a ''motorized vehicle'' for delivery to your place in Florida. I asked the lady what a ''motorized vehicle'' was and she said that it was like a cart that moved on its own without need of oxen or horses. We don't have this type of cart in Canada yet...but I guess you know what she was talking about.

Anyway, it should be at your place by May 4th.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:OK, RickD,

Your prize is on its way. The lady at the post office told me that it will be taken to the Canada/US border by oxcart then, once in the USA, would be put on a ''motorized vehicle'' for delivery to your place in Florida. I asked the lady what a ''motorized vehicle'' was and she said that it was like a cart that moved on its own without need of oxen or horses. We don't have this type of cart in Canada yet...but I guess you know what she was talking about.

Anyway, it should be at your place by May 4th.

FL
FL, it seems the lady at the post office was mistaken. When the mail gets into the US, at the
border, it is then taken across the country by the Pony Express. I'm not sure what this " motorized cart" that you speak of is. y:-?

Thanks, FL

-Edward R Murrow

Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

I'm a former pastor and denminational worker which I did for about 20 years. Currently, I am a consultant for a Big 3 consulting company in Washington DC, providing support to Federal agencies. I specialize in Project Management and Grants Management.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Bi-vocational pastor, assoc. prof of apologetics at Free Grace Seminary, and soon to be resident chaplain at a hospital here in Atlanta (doing the interview process now).

And full time student. I'll be a full time student for at least ten more years. :(
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Jac3510 wrote:Bi-vocational pastor, assoc. prof of apologetics at Free Grace Seminary, and soon to be resident chaplain at a hospital here in Atlanta (doing the interview process now).

And full time student. I'll be a full time student for at least ten more years. :(
Sheesh! Jac, what do you do for fun? All work, and no play, makes Jac a dull boy. :D

-Edward R Murrow

Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

RickD wrote:Sheesh! Jac, what do you do for fun? All work, and no play, makes Jac a dull boy. :D
Watch VeggieTales with the prettiest little girl in the whole wide world!

I love my daughter. :ebiggrin: y\:D/ :cloud9: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Wow Jac! She is adorable. Spend as much time with her as you can. They grow up fast! Next thing you know, you'll be walking her down the aisle. :esurprised:

-Edward R Murrow

KBCid
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by KBCid »

I am a mechanical engineer. I specialize in making peoples imagination reality via 3D virtual design prototyping and testing. So essentially if you can imagine it I can figure out how to make it real as long as 'it' is within the boundary of physics. By doing this kind of work you get a very real understanding of what it takes to create, especially mechanisms with functionality.
It is as if some Christians sit there and wait for the smallest thing that they can dispute and then jump onto it...
The Bible says that we were each given an interpretation – this gift of interpretation is not there so we can run each other into the ground. It is there for our MUTUAL edification.
//www.allaboutgod.net/profiles/blogs/chri ... each-other