The Beloved Disciple ?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: The Beloved Disciple ?

Post by PaulSacramento »

Almost seems like what is being insinuated is that Christ reincarnated into "John" so that it was "OK" for Mary to stay with him- Her Son.
twinc
Established Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by twinc »

PaulSacramento wrote:Almost seems like what is being insinuated is that Christ reincarnated into "John" so that it was "OK" for Mary to stay with him- Her Son.
not at all,at all really - seems you have not really got your Biblical drama characters in their corresponding quick change roles - it was John that was beloved of both Jesus and Mary if you read and interpret correctly - twinc
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

twinc wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:Almost seems like what is being insinuated is that Christ reincarnated into "John" so that it was "OK" for Mary to stay with him- Her Son.
not at all,at all really - seems you have not really got your Biblical drama characters in their corresponding quick change roles - it was John that was beloved of both Jesus and Mary if you read and interpret correctly - twinc
Ah, sorry but your posts are a tad confusing at times in how they are worded.
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

PaulSacramento wrote:
twinc wrote:
Ah, sorry but your posts are a tad confusing at times in how they are worded.
okay all is forgiven - come home now - twinc
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by BavarianWheels »

twinc wrote:okay all is forgiven - come home now - twinc
Why do you keep signing your username at the end of your post? Is it that you think we may mistake it for someone else or that we cannot see the name of the person posting at the top of each post? And what's with the constant "come home" trip?

~Bav
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

BavarianWheels wrote:
twinc wrote:okay all is forgiven - come home now - twinc
Why do you keep signing your username at the end of your post? Is it that you think we may mistake it for someone else or that we cannot see the name of the person posting at the top of each post? And what's with the constant "come home" trip?

~Bav

Maybe he is telling himself to come home.........e.g.

come home now - twinc <-----------------------------

Well thats how I am going to read it from now on.

I am home-Dan 8)
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

I read,somewhere,that even the Devil is home and that even heaven would be hell to him - twinc
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

twinc wrote:I read,somewhere,that even the Devil is home and that even heaven would be hell to him - twinc

:redcard:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.