Christian Palestinian uses non violence

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Christian Palestinian uses non violence

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

neo-x wrote:There is no need for Christ to judge that, he told us to discern with the fruits of the spirit. That being said, I think that man should give his rights up, as a christian, and you should give up everything you own and give it to that man. That would be a true christian act. After all we are told to love others the same way Christ loved us and to treat others as we would treat ourselves. No matter what definition of a christian you have, this one remains true on all accounts.

I have a question, if you had been in that man's position would you give it up?
As much as I would like to think I would, I really couldn't say unless I was in the same situation. You can't blame him if he doesn't, it his whole livelihood at stake and not just his but his family's also and I am sure Christ won't hold it against him either especially since he is doing it peacefully.

I agree with what you say but he is just as human and fallen as the next man, but he seems like he wants peace which I think is admirable.

I wonder how many of us would just walk away from everything we had, I doubt there would be many, if any at all.
Last edited by Danieltwotwenty on Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Gman wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
So your saying this man is not a follower of Christ?
Did I say that? But saying that you are Christian can be questionable also. Ultimately Christ will judge who is and who isn't.. Notice that he is the one that does G-d's will on this earth.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
It seemed like you were insinuating that, but if you are telling me you weren't I will take your word for it.

Even though we may not agree brother, I thank you for being courteous. y>:D<
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
neo-x wrote:There is no need for Christ to judge that, he told us to discern with the fruits of the spirit. That being said, I think that man should give his rights up, as a christian, and you should give up everything you own and give it to that man. That would be a true christian act. After all we are told to love others the same way Christ loved us and to treat others as we would treat ourselves. No matter what definition of a christian you have, this one remains true on all accounts.

I have a question, if you had been in that man's position would you give it up?
As much as I would like to think I would, I really couldn't say unless I was in the same situation. You can't blame him if he doesn't, it his whole livelihood at stake and not just his but his family's also and I am sure Christ won't hold it against him either especially since he is doing it peacefully.

I agree with what you say but he is just as human and fallen as the next man, but he seems like he wants peace which I think is admirable.

I wonder how many of us would just walk away from everything we had, I doubt there would be many, if any at all.

Errr...this was directed at Gman, not you. My apologies I should have been more clear.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

I thought that may have been the case. :pound:

I have an excuse though, I have the flu. :sick:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:I thought that may have been the case. :pound:

The flu? Well, that explains why you've been so cranky lately. I thought it was pms. :lol:

I hope you feel better. y[-o<
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:

The flu? Well, that explains why you've been so cranky lately. I thought it was pms. :lol:

Thanks Rick, I think I am on the upside of it now, it been three weeks.
Luckily I had the shot at the start of Autumn so I didn't get it as bad as some people did, even still it was pretty damn awful.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:

Thanks Rick, I think I am on the upside of it now, it been three weeks.
Luckily I had the shot at the start of Autumn so I didn't get it as bad as some people did, even still it was pretty damn awful.
But wait...you had the flu shot? You can't be sick! y:-/
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

No way... Being a Christian doesn't give you a title to just do whatever you want and then call it "Godly." Even in my own life I have called myself a Christian and have done some things "highly damaging" to the body of Christ. No one is exempt from His judgement when it comes to works including myself. And it can be evil...
neo-x wrote:I have a question, if you had been in that man's position would you give it up?
Yes because that is Jewish land... G-d gave eternal land grants and the title to Israel through Jacob that have never been revoked - Genesis 15:18-21; 17:7-8; 18; 28:13-15, 1 Chronicles 16:15-18, Psalm 105:9-11, Jeremiah 31:35-37.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
It seemed like you were insinuating that, but if you are telling me you weren't I will take your word for it.
Well I believe the final judgment will come from Christ, and our works will be exposed.. As for me, I don't expect to be showered in roses for my works. The scales are weighed against me unfortunately. You could be following the Bible and all the commandments to a "T", but if it doesn't come out of love it is worthless according to the Bible 1 Corinthians 13:2.
Danieltwotwenty wrote:Even though we may not agree brother, I thank you for being courteous. y>:D<
No problem Dan. I know we don't agree on everything. Israel can be a very complicated subject.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

neo-x wrote:I have a question, if you had been in that man's position would you give it up?
Yes because that is Jewish land... G-d gave eternal land grants and the title to Israel through Jacob that have never been revoked - Genesis 15:18-21; 17:7-8; 18; 28:13-15, 1 Chronicles 16:15-18, Psalm 105:9-11, Jeremiah 31:35-37.
[/quote]
I think God made a mistake when he did that.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

neo-x wrote:I think God made a mistake when he did that.
God doesn't make mistakes. He gave the land to Israel and God does not revoke His promises, as the Bible clearly states over and over.

However, I understand where you are coming from, and I don't condemn you for it. You live in a deeply perverted land, a country full of hate and violence against God and His Chosen. Even though you are not Muslim, you can't help but be influenced by the spiritual filth around you. MBB's* such as Ergun Caner and Walid Shoebat - and others - probably have an easier time of accepting God's love of Israel than you would (and it was difficult for them!)

FL yp**==

*Muslim Background Believers in Christ
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Neo, how God could do mistake?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
neo-x wrote:I think God made a mistake when he did that.
God doesn't make mistakes. He gave the land to Israel and God does not revoke His promises, as the Bible clearly states over and over.

However, I understand where you are coming from, and I don't condemn you for it. You live in a deeply perverted land, a country full of hate and violence against God and His Chosen. Even though you are not Muslim, you can't help but be influenced by the spiritual filth around you. MBB's* such as Ergun Caner and Walid Shoebat - and others - probably have an easier time of accepting God's love of Israel than you would (and it was difficult for them!)

FL yp**==

*Muslim Background Believers in Christ
Do you get influenced by all the atheism and secularity and gayness you find around you FL?

And my statement was a joke. A bitter one, dark, I know. But after all the fight and the lives and blood that spills and enriches that land...one would observe that the kingdom of God is not for land. Land which would eventually die anyway, no land is eternal, any more than any man is. One would expect that a Christian should at the foremost see it as such. If I would ever have a chat with God, this matter is one the agenda. And hypothetically, yes, when that much blood is spilled, I would say yup, it was best if that land had not been given eternally to anyone. He gave them a home and look what's happening for the last 2000 years. They clearly can't keep that land without fighting. I for one wish that there is no land, that eternal, for which men die like crazy.

I wish you'd come to Pakistan and live here and see things how they really are. In reality in my talk, I always have defended Israel. Because a lot of people have blind hate towards them. And I need to remind people of that, sometimes a few listen but mostly I am ridiculed.

And I understand why you'd think I have got influenced by them...You are wrong about me but I don't blame you, every person is different and you can't judge people on general thoughts and standards of stereotype. But you forget, that the pervertness in my land unleashes upon me not "God's chosen" as you put it, because as it happens to them, here, I am chosen in Christ. And they hate that far more they hate people living in Israel. Israel has to face nothing from here.

The truth is, I have found that like the blind haters, now there are blind lovers as well. Gman is one example of the principle. If tomorrow Israel nukes a country, he'd defend that too. And I think both are wrong.

See right in between this, there is a third option. One a Christian should have the courage to speak out and that is, you call a spade, a spade. Anything other than what is true is simply wrong. Blind love is as dangerous as blind hate. Infact so much so that even God doesn't love us blindly.

without.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

neo wrote:
See right in between this, there is a third option. One a Christian should have the courage to speak out and that is, you call a spade, a spade. Anything other than what is true is simply wrong. Blind love is as dangerous as blind hate. Infact so much so that even God doesn't love us blindly.
Exactly Neo! And hopefully when he calls a spade a spade, he won't be accused of calling a heart a spade, a club a spade, and a diamond a spade. ;)

-Edward R Murrow

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

neo-x wrote:
And my statement was a joke. A bitter one, dark, I know. But after all the fight and the lives and blood that spills and enriches that land...one would observe that the kingdom of God is not for land. Land which would eventually die anyway, no land is eternal, any more than any man is. One would expect that a Christian should at the foremost see it as such. If I would ever have a chat with God, this matter is one the agenda. And hypothetically, yes, when that much blood is spilled, I would say yup, it was best if that land had not been given eternally to anyone. He gave them a home and look what's happening for the last 2000 years. They clearly can't keep that land without fighting. I for one wish that there is no land, that eternal, for which men die like crazy.
Well you have let your motives be shown here very clearly.. So tell me, if G-d almighty breaks His covenants with the Jewish people or any other people, what makes you think He won't break His covenants with you or others? Would you worship a god like that?