Manna

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Manna

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

Fair enough. Here's a recipe then (from here ) <----- What is wrong with you ? :ebiggrin: :pound: :pound: :pound:
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
stuartcr
Valued Member
Christian: No

Post by stuartcr »

RickD wrote:Why do miracles need a naturalistic explanation?

Do you need a naturalistic explanation for the virgin birth of Christ?
So that they can be believable to people that are skeptical.
stuartcr
Valued Member

Post by stuartcr »

1over137 wrote:
stuartcr wrote:
Byblos wrote:
stuartcr wrote:Mere bread coming from the sky would be equally hard to believe.
Is there anything that would make you think it wasn't so hard to believe? Because I have a feeling knowing manna's molecular structure ain't gonna do it either.
Identifying what it was/is, would make it easier to believe for me.
Before you said:
So, if it was bread coming from the UFO, would that be easier to believe?
Yes, if it could be proved to have come from an UFO
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

stuartcr:
stuart, what will the identity do for you, to make it easier, that not knowing and simply accepting, what has been provided ? is it the base material of the manna or the providential act that created the manna that is harder to believe ? A providential act utilizing His own creation's materials.

The base material of manna, like all foods, is a product of the earth not dissimilar looking to a cotton bulb, that was edible.

How it got there is the journey of a lifetime, no matter how long it takes you.
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

stuartcr wrote:

So tell me, do you believe in the virgin birth of Christ?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

Byblos wrote:
stuartcr wrote:
Byblos wrote:
Is there anything that would make you think it wasn't so hard to believe? Because I have a feeling knowing manna's molecular structure ain't gonna do it either.
Fair enough. Here's a recipe then (from here )
Buckwheat Manna
You can dehydrate this if you have food dehydrator with square trays, such as an Excalibur Dehydrator. This is what I use. Otherwise, you can do this in the oven at a very low temperature. Dehydrating will retain the maximum amount of nutrients and the living enzymes. In other words, it will be raw. Using the oven will also produce a crispy and healthy cereal.

2 cups buckwheat groats, soaked in water for 4 hours
3/4 cup honey (or more, if desired)
2 teaspoons sea salt

Drain and rinse the soaked buckwheat groats well. Add all three ingredients to a food processor and process for about 10 seconds. You do not want a paste, but it should be well combined and soupy in texture. If you do not have a food processor you can pulse this in a blender or just skip this step and your manna will be a littler chunkier.

To dehydrate:
Spread mixture onto two Teflex-lined dehyrator sheets (I use parchment paper). Dehydrate overnight at 110 degrees. Flip and continue dehydrating for a few more hours.

To bake:
Line a 12×18 baking sheet with parchment paper leaving a couple inches hanging over on the short sides (this will give you something to pull on to get your dried manna out in one sheet). Pour the mixture onto the pan and spread it out, covering the entire pan. Bake at the lowest temperature setting your oven will go (mine is 170) for 2-3 hours. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn. You want it to be completely dry like granola.

When the mixture is dry and crunchy, break it up into smaller pieces and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Eat as a snack by itself or pour milk over it for a healthy bowl of cereal.
Hahaha :pound:
Thanks for clearing that up Byblos!
Cheeky Bugger :mrgreen:
stuartcr
Valued Member

Post by stuartcr »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:
stuartcr:
stuart, what will the identity do for you, to make it easier, that not knowing and simply accepting, what has been provided ? is it the base material of the manna or the providential act that created the manna that is harder to believe ? A providential act utilizing His own creation's materials.

The base material of manna, like all foods, is a product of the earth not dissimilar looking to a cotton bulb, that was edible.

How it got there is the journey of a lifetime, no matter how long it takes you.
If the base material of manna is a product of the earth, why can't anyone Identify it?
stuartcr
Valued Member

Post by stuartcr »

RickD wrote:
stuartcr wrote:

So tell me, do you believe in the virgin birth of Christ?
No, unless Mary was biologically different from females of today.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

If the base material of manna is a product of the earth, why can't anyone Identify it?
It happened a long time ago and left no trace for sample. It is a miraculous food of spiritual essence that, as the bible states ...
Exodus states that raw manna tasted like wafers that had been made with honey.
interesting that honey is the only food that won't spoil while in it's edible state !

now, if you will, answer my question...
ES:
stuartcr
Valued Member

Post by stuartcr »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:
It happened a long time ago and left no trace for sample. It is a miraculous food of spiritual essence that, as the bible states ...
Exodus states that raw manna tasted like wafers that had been made with honey.
interesting that honey is the only food that won't spoil while in it's edible state !

now, if you will, answer my question...
ES:
The identity will answer my question. If the base material is unknown, then it makes the providential act even less believable.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

So you're looking for the questionable identity of a material from antiquity to make a potentially providential act more believeable ?
stuartcr
Valued Member

Post by stuartcr »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:So you're looking for the questionable identity of a material from antiquity to make a potentially providential act more believeable ?
Yes. I figure if anyone could answer, it would come from this website.
Nicki
Sex: Female

Post by Nicki »

stuartcr wrote:
EssentialSacrifice wrote:So you're looking for the questionable identity of a material from antiquity to make a potentially providential act more believeable ?
:clap: Good on you, but I think the answer is it just happened - God decided to do it and he did, and he could have made the manna with any composition at all, the way he made the universe out of nothing.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

I will never understand how people can believe we can have this vast universe without a creator God yet doubt God can do miracles if he wants to.People give science a pass when it comes to evidence but demand evidence for God.It is easy to believe God can do miracles if he chooses to.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

http://www.gotquestions.org/what-was-manna.html

no one has enough information to meet your requirements. if your saying "I'll believe" if, God, one of your children from 3000 years later can tell me what manna is made of.... then your belief in the providential act it took to create the manna is, perhaps, intentionally sabotaged.