Mars Has Women - er, I mean, Water!

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Mars Has Women - er, I mean, Water!

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

And now we're talking about a flood that destroyed half demon, half human giants, that were born from spirit beings(demons) that have the miraculous ability to somehow sexually reproduce with humans
Genesis 6:4 Numbers 13:33 Deuteronomy 2:20,21 Deuteronomy 3:11 1 Samuel 17:4
I guess I need to have a better imagination. :shock:
....why ? the bible doesn't :esurprised: you enough ! :pound: ... I mean, after all, that was sorta my point ;)

As I said, This story at least, has ties that bind or can at least be studied and tested via known biblical resources.
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:
And now we're talking about a flood that destroyed half demon, half human giants, that were born from spirit beings(demons) that have the miraculous ability to somehow sexually reproduce with humans
Genesis 6:4 Numbers 13:33 Deuteronomy 2:20,21 Deuteronomy 3:11 1 Samuel 17:4
I guess I need to have a better imagination. :shock:
....why ? the bible doesn't :esurprised: you enough ! :pound: ... I mean, after all, that was sorta my point ;)

As I said, This story at least, has ties that bind or can at least be studied and tested via known biblical resources.
ES,

Maybe you'll enjoy the Nephilim discussion we had a while back. The discussion got a little heated. But sometimes the heated discussions are the most interesting to read. :D

If I could stand on one point in the whole Nephilim discussion, I'd say that there is no warrant biblically or otherwise, to believe that angels can procreate with humans.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Who were the Nephilim? Scholar Michael Heiser makes some interesting observations on this issue:
http://michaelsheiser.com/TheNakedBible ... criticism/

The translation as "giants" may or may not be correct. Heiser's short post on the subject is followed by a dialogue with those of various viewpoints.

Dr. Heiser is a conservative evangelical Christian scholar whose expertise covers ancient Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek and the languages, cultures and histories of ancient Mesopotamia. He's great at bringing not only a scholars insights the Biblical texts, but also at viewing it with fresh eyes, so as to not be unduly influenced by traditional interpretations, whereas they may not be the most accurate ones.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

RickD wrote:
Philip wrote:Um, WHY did God send the flood of Noah? To wipe out sinful HUMANITY! And so, where did humanity reside? On MARS? Outer space? Someone's exegesis of Scripture has taken a walk on the wild side!
Philip,

From what ACB has said, and from what I've read, this "Luciferian flood" happened after Lucifer was thrown out of heaven. It is reasoned by Gap Theorists, that the fossil record is a result of this Luciferian Flood.

But in my search, I've yet to find anyone else who's a Gap Theorist, who believes the Luciferian Flood was throughout the universe. At least from what I've read, they say it was only on the earth.

ACB seems to be alone(at least from what I have found) in believing the Luciferian Flood was not only on the earth.
Yes, I acknowledged this already.This is a new idea that is not yet apart of the GT but it could if evidence of fossils or dead life is found on Mars. this is a new idea. A Gap theorist wrote a book about it. Evidence needs to be found before I fully embrace it but I find it still interesting and something to consider.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:Looks like rocks formed by erosion. What about it?
All of them? It also looks like water once flowed over this area too.Where did the water go? Is Mars now without form and void like the earth was? empty and waste? Could Mars have had life on it in the past that was wiped out?If there was a flood of the universe like the bible indicates why would it only effect the earth? We have Mars rovers on Mars but it might also apply to other planets also. These are questions some of us consider.
If A universal flood (flood on all planets, stars, outer space, etc.) is how you interpret scripture, then I have nothing more to say. Other than, if you're going to promote such absurdities, you have no justification to critique YEC, IMO.

I am going by scripture and what the bible says the word heavens is kosmos in greek.I disagree with YEC. God is eternal,what was God doing before 6000 years ago? He's been busy
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

If I could stand on one point in the whole Nephilim discussion, I'd say that there is no warrant biblically or otherwise, to believe that angels can procreate with humans.

"The link given is for the entire story of which I have not a clue ( :ebiggrin: ) of it's veracity or religiosity but can confirm it's base within the bibles' teachings" y:-?

point being, here, within the bible itself, there is a base of material to be examined and not nothing more than a rather loose definition in conjecture of the times of the Flood.
Last edited by EssentialSacrifice on Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Philip wrote:Um, WHY did God send the flood of Noah? To wipe out sinful HUMANITY! And so, where did humanity reside? On MARS? Outer space? Someone's exegesis of Scripture has taken a walk on the wild side!
To my knowledge no Gap theorist rejects Noah's flood and actually teaches it much more biblical and scientifically valid. It may not be proof but it still makes alot more sense than the way YEC's have taught Noah's flood.Noah's flood pales in comparison to Lucifer's flood.the geology of this earth to Gap theorists is the evidence of the life that existed on his earth in the former world and that perished in Lucifer's flood and has very little to do with Noah's flood.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Philip wrote:Who were the Nephilim? Scholar Michael Heiser makes some interesting observations on this issue:
http://michaelsheiser.com/TheNakedBible ... criticism/

The translation as "giants" may or may not be correct. Heiser's short post on the subject is followed by a dialogue with those of various viewpoints.

Dr. Heiser is a conservative evangelical Christian scholar whose expertise covers ancient Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek and the languages, cultures and histories of ancient Mesopotamia. He's great at bringing not only a scholars insights the Biblical texts, but also at viewing it with fresh eyes, so as to not be unduly influenced by traditional interpretations, whereas they may not be the most accurate ones.
It seems that Catholics reject the idea behind Nephilim,Giants,half breeds because fallen angels contaminated the human blood line to try to prevent the birth of Jesus Genesis 3:15. IMO we need all the evidence we can have to back up the bible and if we do away with this? we lose alot of evidence the bible is true,plus the idea that what was happening in Noah's time is going to happen again based on Jesus saying that it will be as in the days of Noah when he returns. so it is possible Nephelim could return and scientists are producing half breeds right now for the ultimate future soldier seeming to fulfill bible prophecy that what was happening in Noah's day half breeds is coming back again.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Half breeds do exist. I ran into one today at the gas station. He was smoking a cigarette while pumping gas. Half man, half moron.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

It seems that Catholics reject the idea behind Nephilim,Giants <sigh> ... wherever did you get this acb ?

Here is a much more correct and verifiable reasoning from the Catholic faith.
http://www.unamsanctamcatholicam.com/th ... hilim.html
http://www.ewtn.com/vexperts/showmessag ... ber=455303

It seems, acb, you need to do a little more indepth study and less personal conjecture.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

EssentialSacrifice wrote:It seems that Catholics reject the idea behind Nephilim,Giants <sigh> ... wherever did you get this acb ?

Here is a much more correct and verifiable reasoning from the Catholic faith.

http://www.ewtn.com/vexperts/showmessag ... ber=455303

It seems, acb, you need to do a little more indepth study and less personal conjecture.
I was debating an atheist before and I brought up Nephilim and this person was very knowledgable about Catholicism,and actually understood the bible quite well but in a perveted twisted way,this person challenged every thing I said concerning the bible with enough bible knowledge to challenge me. anyway when I brought up Nephilim he posted a link between a Catholic priest and a protestant over Nephilim and I readit and the Catholic was going on and on about how angels cannot breed with humans,etc and why. I actually believe The Catholic won this debate however I was not convinced. I'd have to go back to the atheist forum I was banned from and go through threads trying to find it though.

Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

That's a relief, I was planning on packing water for the trip, but now I don't have to
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

That's a relief, I was planning on packing water for the trip, but now I don't have to ... :pound: ...
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Hortator wrote:That's a relief, I was planning on packing water for the trip, but now I don't have to
I realize it is how we interpret evidence however there is alot of water out there.
http://phys.org/news/2015-04-solar-awash.html

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member