European Churches Claim Muslims Are Converting to Christianity

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Re: European Churches Claim Muslims Are Converting to Christianity

Post by melanie »

RickD wrote:
melanie wrote:
RickD wrote:Apparently the current vetting process doesn't work. At least here in the US.
http://www.allenbwest.com/michellejesse ... t-they-did
Rick this isn't an article with any verifiable truth.
This entirely proves my point. This is not a newsworthy source written by a impartial investigative journalist. You have cited a right wing crackpot devoid of any actual factual info.
Anybody can post a link to whatever persuasion. Unfortunately the onus now lies with us to know our sources as trustworthy, impartial sources.
The links brought me to the Young Conservatives web page.
This is not verifiable news sources!!!
May I say again, this is entirely my point.
When we are taking our 'knowledge' from such sources then how can our 'cred' not be in question!!!!!!
Mel,

I'm guessing you wouldn't make such a strong statement as, "a right wing crackpot" if you didn't have evidence to back that up. Since I'm not familiar with Michelle Jesse, the author, please tell me why she's a right wing crackpot. Any links that show that would be helpful.
Rick you are aware that you posted the links so subsequent credibility actually lies with you. But as you stated you have no knowledge of her background, but yet you quoted her as a credible source. I hope you see how this in no way discredits my assertions but your own. All good, I have done the research for you.
Keeping in mind this was an article by Michelle Jesse but posted on a webpage generated by Allen B West.
Who is cited as being the scrounge of the far left, a conservative icon, and a longstanding conservative spokesmen.
Biased info generated by a biased webpage.
Any links that support otherwise are welcomed :mrgreen:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

melanie wrote:
RickD wrote:
melanie wrote:
RickD wrote:Apparently the current vetting process doesn't work. At least here in the US.
This entirely proves my point. This is not a newsworthy source written by a impartial investigative journalist. You have cited a right wing crackpot devoid of any actual factual info.
Anybody can post a link to whatever persuasion. Unfortunately the onus now lies with us to know our sources as trustworthy, impartial sources.
When we are taking our 'knowledge' from such sources then how can our 'cred' not be in question!!!!!!
Mel,

I'm guessing you wouldn't make such a strong statement as, "a right wing crackpot" if you didn't have evidence to back that up. Since I'm not familiar with Michelle Jesse, the author, please tell me why she's a right wing crackpot. Any links that show that would be helpful.
Rick you are aware that you posted the links so subsequent credibility actually lies with you. But as you stated you have no knowledge of her background, but yet you quoted her as a credible source. I hope you see how this in no way discredits my assertions but your own. All good, I have done the research for you.
Keeping in mind this was an article by Michelle Jesse but posted on a webpage generated by Allen B West.
Who is cited as being the scrounge of the far left, a conservative icon, and a longstanding conservative spokesmen.
So,
You are not really saying that the author is a right wing crackpot?

You meant Allen B west is a right wing crackpot?

He's definitely a conservative. But right wing crackpot? Really?

I saw nothing in my google search that showed him to be a crackpot.

Look, you don't have to believe the article I posted. But if you're going to attack its content, please do so with actual evidence. Posting personal attacks against Mr. West, or whoever, is just not fair. And you know it.

So, please retract your personal attack, and if you're going to attack anything, please comment on the content of the link.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Abel I have a very close friend of mine who is actually in Germany, and has been for the last several months. Her mum is dying :(
When appropriate I have asked her what is taking place in Germany. What is being reported in the German news.
We don't agree on the issue, she very much as akin to your assertions. But what is being 'reported' in western media doesn't appear align with my source of what is actually happening in Germany.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

RickD wrote:
melanie wrote:
RickD wrote:
melanie wrote:
Mel,

So,
You are not really saying that the author is a right wing crackpot?

You meant Allen B west is a right wing crackpot?

He's definitely a conservative. But right wing crackpot? Really?

I saw nothing in my google search that showed him to be a crackpot.

Look, you don't have to believe the article I posted. But if you're going to attack its content, please do so with actual evidence. Posting personal attacks against Mr. West, or whoever, is just not fair. And you know it.

So, please retract your personal attack, and if you're going to attack anything, please comment on the content of the link.

Haha please Rick
You posted a link with zero cred.
I'm leaving the onus with you to prove otherwise.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

You posted from a source that you had no prior knowledge of but yet cited it as credible.
Backtracking at its finest.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Mel,

You just called the author a right wing crackpot. Then when I called you on it, you said that you didn't actually mean the author. You meant someone else.

First, If you are going to say something has no credibility, you need to show why.

And second, if you're going to attack someone by calling them a right wing crackpot, then you need to show proof of that when called on it.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

melanie wrote:You posted from a source that you had no prior knowledge of but yet cited it as credible.
Backtracking at its finest.
Where did I cite it as anything? I made a comment, and posted a link for discussion.

-Edward R Murrow

melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Okay, so I have nothing on Michelle Jesse.
As far as credible journalistic sources her previous associations and body of work showed up zero info. No previous articles, no previous journalistic credibility.
Her only association is as associate editor to Allen West.
Rick you have cited a source with zero cred. Please prove otherwise.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

You quoted a bogus source,
It's okay
Such is the age we live in
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

melanie wrote:Okay, so I have nothing on Michelle Jesse.
As far as credible journalistic sources her previous associations and body of work showed up zero info. No previous articles, no previous journalistic credibility.
Her only association is as associate editor to Allen West.
Rick you have cited a source with zero cred. Please prove otherwise.
Mel,

I'm not arguing with you on this. I posted a link for discussion. I made no claims of credibility.

You said the source has zero credibility. You called someone a right wing crackpot.

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO MADE THE CLAIMS. So, you can either stand up and back your claims, or retract everything you said.

-Edward R Murrow

melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Rick I'm not attacking you.
This is highlighting my point of what has become of journalism
Any muppet can publish an article as factual.
It's our job, together to work through this convoluted mess
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

FFS Rick,
This is now getting embarrassing.
Leave it
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

melanie wrote:Rick I'm not attacking you.
This is highlighting my point of what has become of journalism
Any muppet can publish an article as factual.
It's our job, together to work through this convoluted mess
I never said you attacked me.

You attacked some unnamed (apparently) person, as a right wing crackpot. You said the source a has zero cred, while not showing why the info in the article is wrong.

How can you personally attack someone by calling them a right wing crackpot, and say the article has no credibility, and not be willing to show proof of your claim?

You can't see how unfair that is?
mel wrote:
FFS Rick,
This is now getting embarrassing.
Leave it
Mel,

You personally attacked someone. You asserted that the article has no credibility.

I'm not leaving it until you either prove your assertion, or apologize and retract what you said.

-Edward R Murrow

melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Haha Rick
You posted the link in direct refutation to what I said with no prior knowledge of the source or its credability.
Which stands at none.
I'm not easily bullied nor intimidated.
What I personally attacked someone you quoted but you admit you have zero knowledge of?
These tactics don't work with me Rick.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Let's leave it huh
And move on