old earth v's Young earth

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Before the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD, after Christ's birth (max and min limits). So it would be around 2000 years ago, as opposed to the 1500's.
How do you know that?
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

How do you find peer reviewed stuff so I can use the same method. Why am I always downhill of the avalanche?
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Deborah
Christian: No

Post by Deborah »

The only compromise with evolution is micro evolution where sub species have evolved from a species ie dogs, wolves, jackals, and foxes are a sub species of canidae. Therefore the theory of Evolution is very limited to after their own kind. (micro evolution)

there is far too much evidence against Young Earth.
Even if the dating techniques are out, the fossils are still older than 6000 years. I don't buy the rot argument, there are too many items in Museums.
August
Old School

Post by August »

If your source was from a peer-reviewed journal, you would see it clearly.

Normally on university websites, or from sources like these:
http://www.worldscinet.com/journals.html

Many times it is also in the form of books, which you can easily check online for reviews and rebuttals. Behe - Darwins Black Box is a good example of that.

Just a little research can take you along way...
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Good now my sources will be acceptable....hopefully

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

-Anonymous
August
Old School

Post by August »

Progress at last...

Still waiting for your answer to my last question.
Quote:
Before the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD, after Christ's birth (max and min limits). So it would be around 2000 years ago, as opposed to the 1500's.

How do you know that?

AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@wspc.com.sg and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.27 Server at journals.worldscientific.com.sg Port 80

Why does it alwasy rain on me? Is it because I lied at 17? (Coldplay)

So much for the search option.

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous
August
Old School

Post by August »

http://www.wspc.com.sg/

Try going in the front door.

AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Not the link you gave me the first time...lol 8)

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous
August
Old School

Post by August »

Not the link you gave me the first time...lol
Huh? Same site, the first link was just directly to the journal listing.

Still waiting for an answer to my last question.
Still waiting for your answer to my last question.

Quote:
Quote:

How do you know that?

AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

I need a scientific reason for that...well, I have a snowball's chance in hell.

The reason I read was that Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD, but in the New Testament, there is only the prophecy that it will be destroyed.

Well lovely the site I think it came from won't load.

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/bibleorg.html

"Another internal evidence is that there is no mention of the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D."

If the first person to write a book was told to cite his sources, what did he do?

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous
August
Old School

Post by August »

The reason I read was that Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD, but in the New Testament, there is only the prophecy that it will be destroyed.
How do you know this was not written in the 1500's, and just sold down the river? For example, I can write here today that Jesus entered Jerusalem on an elephant, and someone can read that 500 years from now and believe it may be true. How do we know it's not all just one big scam?

Deborah
Christian: No

Post by Deborah »

yes after all the book history of scotland (religious and other) from the middle ages to the middle of the 9th century states that Jesus may have visited Scotland. This copy in front of me is from 1826
the bible does not say Jesus visited Scotland, so why did the author think he had?
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

You seem to be trying to make a point.....heck if I get it.
:P :roll:

Other sources don't conflict with the prophecy (Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD) and the Jews and Roman historians will agree (I'm assuming). Also, I believe the Bible is God breathed. You might be hospitalized if they found you believed Jesus went by on an elephant...especially in TEXAS?

I don't get the point....there's gotta be something deeper than what I'm thinking.
Last edited by AttentionKMartShoppers on Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous
August
Old School

Post by August »

How can we believe those other sources? How do we know those historians lived at the time they say they did?