European Union

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

LittleShepherd wrote: If the Pope at the time is a Christian, then undoubtedly he'd be swept up in the Rapture as well. If that happened, then the position would be open for something not-so-Christian to step into it, potentailly using it as a springboard to false prophethood. Merely that he could(which is true, especially considering my above paragraph).
The Pope is a Christian, so there's not really a basis for your claims. Until most theologians and ministers attribute the anti-Christ to a possible future Pope, it's outrageous malarkey.
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

You refuse the look at the possibility because you're offended by it. That's what it comes down to.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

kateliz wrote: You refuse the look at the possibility because you're offended by it. That's what it comes down to.
You continue to insist on it, because you hate denominations and the ecumenical movement. You even said it yourself.
This might come as a shock to you, but the Pope won't inspire any major wars. Many Christians aren't as fervent about the Church as they were when the Crusades took place.
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

I would leave this blank if it would let me.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Moving on...
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by puritan lad »

Jack Van Impe is a false prophet extraordinaire. And there is nothing in the Bible concerning the European Union. That should be obvious by now considering that this "beast" now has 25 toes with five more on the way.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

puritan lad wrote:Jack Van Impe is a false prophet extraordinaire. .
According to whom?
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by puritan lad »

According to the Word of God.

What is a False Prophet according to the Bible?

Deuteronomy 18:22
“If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.”

Jeremiah 29:9
“For they prophesy falsely unto you in my name: I have not sent them, saith the LORD.”

Jack Van Impe wrote in a 1975 newsletter that Soviet flags would fly over Independence Hall in Philadelphia by 1976. In a booklet published in 1976, Jack Van Impe gives us these end time signs, "The Energy Crisis, Famine, Immorality, Liquor and Drugs, and Terrorism" (What In The World Is Happening?" 1976. pp. 29-36). In connection with the latter point, he has this to say, "God's Word is beginning to unfold before our eyes. Judgment is about to fall for all of the 'rottenness' that runs rampant in our beloved land. If it does not commence in 1976, I have no doubt that unbelievable calamities will occur before 1980. It could easily be the predicted Tribulation hour"(p. 37). Needless to say, in this year of 2005, he is proven to be a false prophet. Nevertheless, he continues on with ever-new and ever-changing "end time signs."

There are many many more examples, not to mention that his treatment of the scriptures is totally irresponsible.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

puritan lad wrote:According to the Word of God.

What is a False Prophet according to the Bible?

Deuteronomy 18:22
“If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.”

Jeremiah 29:9
“For they prophesy falsely unto you in my name: I have not sent them, saith the LORD.”

Jack Van Impe wrote in a 1975 newsletter that Soviet flags would fly over Independence Hall in Philadelphia by 1976. In a booklet published in 1976, Jack Van Impe gives us these end time signs, "The Energy Crisis, Famine, Immorality, Liquor and Drugs, and Terrorism" (What In The World Is Happening?" 1976. pp. 29-36). In connection with the latter point, he has this to say, "God's Word is beginning to unfold before our eyes. Judgment is about to fall for all of the 'rottenness' that runs rampant in our beloved land. If it does not commence in 1976, I have no doubt that unbelievable calamities will occur before 1980. It could easily be the predicted Tribulation hour"(p. 37). Needless to say, in this year of 2005, he is proven to be a false prophet. Nevertheless, he continues on with ever-new and ever-changing "end time signs."

There are many many more examples, not to mention that his treatment of the scriptures is totally irresponsible.
Did Jack Van Impe ever say he was a Prophet? :?
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by puritan lad »

He is a self-proclaimed "world renowned expert on Bible Prophecy" (or something like that. I don't watch his show much anymore). He makes false prophecies, so he is, by definition, a false prophet.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

puritan lad wrote:

Where'd you get all that dirt on Van Impe?
A false prophet usually preaches something in addition to the Bible. Van Impe may focus on the Apocalypse a lot, but he's still a Christian and accepted as such by many Christians.
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by puritan lad »

I have a whole list of his works in my personal library. Most of it is garbage, but good for references like the above.

I'm not going to judge the eternal souls of men like Van Impe and Lindsey, but I do not understand why fellow Christians continue to treat these men like they have any clue what they are talking about.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

puritan lad wrote: I'm not going to judge the eternal souls of men like Van Impe and Lindsey, but I do not understand why fellow Christians continue to treat these men like they have any clue what they are talking about.
Because they want people to give their souls to Christ.
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by puritan lad »

Why do they have to lie to do it? I'll say that the work of our modern day "prophecy experts" has done more damage to the work of Christ then it has helped. People aren't dumb. They remember the Camp David Accords, the 1988 "fig tree" generation, The 1982 "Jupiter Effect", The Soviet Union as Gog and Magog, Y2K, etc. You get the point. The fact is that these men, aside from a sloppy handling of scripture, have been wrong at every turn for the past 40 years. Why waste time listening to them?
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

puritan lad wrote:I have a whole list of his works in my personal library. Most of it is garbage, but good for references like the above.

I'm not going to judge the eternal souls of men like Van Impe and Lindsey, but I do not understand why fellow Christians continue to treat these men like they have any clue what they are talking about.
Him Prophesying or saying that certain things are going to happen were wrong however this does not mean his interpretation of Scripture is wrong.