How the universe came to be?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:You may not be able to see it, but you can detect its gravitational pull.
Yes, so in responce to you PHIL121 there is a measurement of Dark Matter. And at this point the measurements don't show enough mass to create a big crunch.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
PHIL121
Recognized Member

Post by PHIL121 »

Are you trying to imply that ALL the dark matter in the universe has been found so far? :lol:
"To live is Christ, to die is gain"..Philipians 1:21
My Blog
My walk with God
The Church, The State,and The Internet
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

Blob wrote:. Yet the answer itself is, in fact, conjured out of thin air and utterly underivable from the gap in knowledge it aims to plug.
I agree to a huge extent. Lol. A theory derived through the scientific method, which is largely ignored considering many of the "theories" we discuss did not follow that age old cannon of science, does not by default become science. Spontaneus generation ond other scientific theories if their day were not part of scientific knowledge. They were wrong as are many today in spite of the fact the explain things. I think that this is "science falsely so called"
PHIL121
Recognized Member

Post by PHIL121 »

Jbuza wrote:
A theory derived through the scientific method, which is largely ignored considering many of the "theories" we discuss did not follow that age old cannon of science, does not by default become science.
If a theory is arrived at through the scientific method, one must use the scientific method to discredit it.

Aliens seeding the Earth doesn't qualify, because there is no evidence to support it in the firs place.
My Blog
My walk with God
SoccerfreakAB2
Newbie Member

Post by SoccerfreakAB2 »

PHIL121 wrote:
Jbuza wrote:
A theory derived through the scientific method, which is largely ignored considering many of the "theories" we discuss did not follow that age old cannon of science, does not by default become science.
If a theory is arrived at through the scientific method, one must use the scientific method to discredit it.

Aliens seeding the Earth doesn't qualify, because there is no evidence to support it in the firs place.
Depends on what you count as evidence. There is no evidence for creationism, yet many believe in that.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

SoccerfreakAB2 wrote:
PHIL121 wrote:
Jbuza wrote:

Depends on what you count as evidence. There is no evidence for creationism, yet many believe in that.
Really? Have you heard of the Big Bang Theory by any chance?

Also, you must define what you mean by creationism-there are the Biblically consistent versions, and then the Biblically inconsistent and gnostic versions...
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
PHIL121
Recognized Member

Post by PHIL121 »

Actually, The Big Bang theory argues FOR Creationism.

SOMETHING had to start it 8)
My Blog
My walk with God
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

It's so funny how many people believe in the Big Bang...but not understand its implications...all you have to do is look at some scientists who have made up some stupid theories: scientists like Hoyle who made up a theory that breaks laws-such as the one that matter cannot be created-his theory says that matter is created at the rate of one hydrogen atom per 1000 square miles in space per year...:-p Then you have the unscientific multiverse theory proposed by at least Stephen Gould, and then you have Stephen Hawkins who uses imaginary numbers (multiples of the square root of negative one....) to get around the beginning-his theory involves imaginary time :-p

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

-Anonymous
PHIL121
Recognized Member

Post by PHIL121 »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:It's so funny how many people believe in the Big Bang...
Almost as amazing as advertisers thinking people "can find love...in a Kmart store" :lol:
My Blog
My walk with God
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

PHIL121 wrote:Actually, The Big Bang theory argues FOR Creationism.

SOMETHING had to start it 8)
Wow! Wow! I have never thought of this before. The big bang theory is not at all the same thing when you approach it from a different philosophical position. IT is much easier to explain, is more simple, and therefor more scientific when one doesn't arbitrarily reject God. Interesting. I guess from a strict materialistic philosophy one would have to speculate about Dark matter. I really like this thought Phil121.
PHIL121
Recognized Member

Post by PHIL121 »

What's more, I've heard one theory (it WAS by a Christian relating it) that the Big Bang was caused by an "information wave".

"In the begining was the Word..."
....John 1:1
My Blog
My walk with God
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

Uh...?

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous
PHIL121
Recognized Member

Post by PHIL121 »

You buy batteries for your hearing aid at Kmart? :lol:

What's more, I've heard one theory (it WAS by a Christian relating it) that the Big Bang was caused by an "information wave".

"In the begining was the Word..."....John 1:1

Ipisito loquator(sp?).... :wink:
My Blog
My walk with God
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Uh...?

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous
PHIL121
Recognized Member

Post by PHIL121 »

:bbzzzttt: Stock boy to aisle three...stock boy to aisle three...Help the shopper with the brain disorder...help the shopper with the brain disorder...:bbbbzzztt:
My Blog
My walk with God