Evolution, Big Bang, God

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Thinker wrote: I don't subscribe to these magazines, nor would I, but I have seen articles every now and then that briefly bring the topic up that everything is by chance and accident, meaning it is anti-God, not stating God, but in a world where God is the center of all discussion, these topics would of course be brought up. As I said, I don't subscribe, but I read the latest issues at magazine stands and archived ones at the library. Unfortunately and honestly I did not care to look at the date of the archived issues and mostly the same with new ones on magazine stands, but I do know, every now and then, articles are published like that. I also see advertisements promoting atheism in these science magazines, so I do get a clear meaning of what their intention is, and that would be to examine and observe and say it all came about naturally and accidentally which would state in this world that revolves around God, that they are downplaying Him, not even acknowledging or considering the possibility. And it does get worse in my opinion every year. Science is the # 1 contribution to demolishing faith and bringing up atheism. And I do hope you know what kind of science I am talking about.
My point was that these magazine's you mentioned are not scientific journals. They are popular science magazines which cater to their audiences. Just as People, Soup Opera Weekly, and Southern Living cater to their audiences.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
My point was that these magazine's you mentioned are not scientific journals. They are popular science magazines which cater to their audiences. Just as People, Soup Opera Weekly, and Southern Living cater to their audiences.[/quote]

What does it mean that peer reviewed journals don't want to publish articles about the existence of God?
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Jbuza wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:My point was that these magazine's you mentioned are not scientific journals. They are popular science magazines which cater to their audiences. Just as People, Soup Opera Weekly, and Southern Living cater to their audiences.
What does it mean that peer reviewed journals don't want to publish articles about the existence of God?
I beleive someone brought up a point using instruction manuals.
Peer reviewed scientific journals don't mention God simply because religion is not under the subject matter.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Gould's NOMA isn't true for all subjects...if you're saying theism and science cannot overlap.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Gould's NOMA isn't true for all subjects...if you're saying theism and science cannot overlap.
No, what I am saying is that even if an article based on a scientific finding has implications for one or more religions it will certainly not be discussed in said article.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Gould's NOMA isn't true for all subjects...if you're saying theism and science cannot overlap.
No, what I am saying is that even if an article based on a scientific finding has implications for one or more religions it will certainly not be discussed in said article.
But it'd be such an interesting read!
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
But it'd be such an interesting read!
Perhaps Discover magazine could do an issue on this.
:wink: