Christian Music

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Christian Music

Post by ageofknowledge »

Hmm.. cool. Thank you cslewis. 8)
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

cslewislover wrote: You are really awesome, Nathaniel - thanks so much for that!!! I love you too, and you can hope in me and count on me for as much as is humanly possible. y>:D< :heart: Our God is a God of love, hope, and

y>:D< y@};- Thank you so much for that!!!!!! I love you too!! I do hope in you and count on you so much!!!!!! You are so wonderful to me!!!! Yes our God is a God of love and hope! He gave us faith, hope, and love, but the greatest is love!
cslewislover wrote: I would love to have coffee with you, all the time!

PS: I really like that "Who Needs Air" song! :) The lyrics to the Ten Talents song are really good too.
YAY!!! Coffee!!!
I am glad you like that song, and Ten Talents was the first Emery song I ever heard, they do a great job imo.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Gabrielman wrote: y>:D< y@};- Thank you so much for that!!!!!! I love you too!! I do hope in you and count on you so much!!!!!! You are so wonderful to me!!!! Yes our God is a God of love and hope! He gave us faith, hope, and love, but the greatest is love!

YAY!!! Coffee!!!

I am glad you like that song, and Ten Talents was the first Emery song I ever heard, they do a great job imo.
y>:D< y~o) + y~o) y>:D< = :heart:
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Zak
Familiar Member

Post by Zak »

DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Suddenly things have dawned upon me. CS Lewis Lover is a female called Vicky, Gabrielman is called Nathaniel (Top name, Gab), and Zoegirl is called Amy(?). I've been here for a good few months and I only just notice all this? I have been calling Cslewislover "brother" and "boss man" all this time and nobody thought to correct me? I feel like a right berk! And it's nice to see some sort of true love blossoming on here. Real passion in the exchanges between the two. God bless you both.

As for Christian music, I've never really got along with it. It all just seems like 2nd-rate rock, and I don't even like 1st-rate rock! Gab, I'm gonna give your links a wee listen and see if I can't find me some good Christian music.

This is a bit left-field, but does anyone remember a House record that starts ..."Sometimes I feel like throwing my hands up in the air, I know I can count on you. Sometimes I feel like saying Lord I just don't care, but you've got the love I need to see me through..." ?? I think it is called You Got The Love ?? Well, this was about God, and I'm a House music lover at heart, so that's the, um, best I can do.

Love and Happiness to you all.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Gabrielman wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEL5wEpR ... re=related
A song about God, also not the emery song I have been trying to find, lol! It basically says, when you got God, what else do you need? Love it! 5 Stars! LOL!
Gab, I think it's actually "When you got what I got what else do you need" but they *are* Christians. Not sure they are a Christian band though mate...Can you give me more info on them?
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

DannyM wrote:This is a bit left-field, but does anyone remember a House record that starts ..."Sometimes I feel like throwing my hands up in the air, I know I can count on you. Sometimes I feel like saying Lord I just don't care, but you've got the love I need to see me through..." ?? I think it is called You Got The Love ?? Well, this was about God, and I'm a House music lover at heart, so that's the, um, best I can do.

I know it well, it was covered by Florence & the Machine recently and gets a lot of radio play atm. I don't hear the original often but there are plenty versions floating around. Doesn't get much better than this Frankie Knuckles version.

I think the original at least should qualify as Christian music. From the font of all knowledge, wikipedia:
Candi Staton is an American soul and gospel singer, best known for her 1976 disco hit "Young Hearts Run Free". In 2007, Staton was inducted into the Christian Music Hall of Fame.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Proinsias wrote:
DannyM wrote:This is a bit left-field, but does anyone remember a House record that starts ..."Sometimes I feel like throwing my hands up in the air, I know I can count on you. Sometimes I feel like saying Lord I just don't care, but you've got the love I need to see me through..." ?? I think it is called You Got The Love ?? Well, this was about God, and I'm a House music lover at heart, so that's the, um, best I can do.

I know it well, it was covered by Florence & the Machine recently and gets a lot of radio play atm. I don't hear the original often but there are plenty versions floating around. Doesn't get much better than this Frankie Knuckles version.

I think the original at least should qualify as Christian music. From the font of all knowledge, wikipedia:
Candi Staton is an American soul and gospel singer, best known for her 1976 disco hit "Young Hearts Run Free". In 2007, Staton was inducted into the Christian Music Hall of Fame.
Thanks mate! I've heard the latest version and it sucks in my opinion. That Frankie Knuckles link you just gave me is THE ONE, Proinsias. Do you like your House? I can never remember the names of most tunes; that's a DJ's job anyway! Do you know of Kaskade? Youtube them, they're soulfull House, "It's you, it's me" and "Steppin' out"... sod it, I've got them here for you but won't post anymore on here as it's strictly Christian music and I shouldn't really be doing this, but would love to chat if you're a House lover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHaxtbxXqIo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcZcfkXujBg
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Proinsias »

Good stuff, more after dancing than dancing music for me.

I'm minimal techno at heart when it comes to dance music.

Is there anyway I can send you a 150mb house mix by Frankie Knuckles over the intertron? If not I may need to rip it and post it, it's that good.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

DannyM wrote:Suddenly things have dawned upon me. CS Lewis Lover is a female called Vicky, Gabrielman is called Nathaniel (Top name, Gab), and Zoegirl is called Amy(?). I've been here for a good few months and I only just notice all this? I have been calling Cslewislover "brother" and "boss man" all this time and nobody thought to correct me? I feel like a right berk! And it's nice to see some sort of true love blossoming on here. Real passion in the exchanges between the two. God bless you both.

As for Christian music, I've never really got along with it. It all just seems like 2nd-rate rock, and I don't even like 1st-rate rock! Gab, I'm gonna give your links a wee listen and see if I can't find me some good Christian music.

This is a bit left-field, but does anyone remember a House record that starts ..."Sometimes I feel like throwing my hands up in the air, I know I can count on you. Sometimes I feel like saying Lord I just don't care, but you've got the love I need to see me through..." ?? I think it is called You Got The Love ?? Well, this was about God, and I'm a House music lover at heart, so that's the, um, best I can do.

:ebiggrin: yes, Zoe is my dog....

I don't tend to go for the CHristian pop, but I know there are good ones out there...I love classical....something about it....I love the old hymns...

berk...love it...so what is the American equivalent? (not that you are....most of us have usernames that are different and don't reveal gender...plus we are facebook friends!)
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Proinsias wrote:

wow, when was that frankie knuckles tune released?
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Proinsias »

not really sure, early 90's-ish methinks
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

zoegirl wrote:
Proinsias wrote:

wow, when was that frankie knuckles tune released?
Zoe, this would have been around 1990/91-ish. Proinsias will correct me, but it was definitely around that time.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Proinsias wrote:not really sure, early 90's-ish methinks
I totally missed your post; thought Zoe's was the bottom post. How strange. I reckon it was 90/91-latest 92. Bet you google it! :ewink:
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

zoegirl wrote:
DannyM wrote:Suddenly things have dawned upon me. CS Lewis Lover is a female called Vicky, Gabrielman is called Nathaniel (Top name, Gab), and Zoegirl is called Amy(?). I've been here for a good few months and I only just notice all this? I have been calling Cslewislover "brother" and "boss man" all this time and nobody thought to correct me? I feel like a right berk! And it's nice to see some sort of true love blossoming on here. Real passion in the exchanges between the two. God bless you both.

:ebiggrin: yes, Zoe is my dog....

I don't tend to go for the CHristian pop, but I know there are good ones out there...I love classical....something about it....I love the old hymns...

berk...love it...so what is the American equivalent? (not that you are....most of us have usernames that are different and don't reveal gender...plus we are facebook friends!)
I love dogs! What dog you got, Zoe?

Hey, it could have been worse. I was calling you sister, thinking your name was Zoe. I mean, you could have been Frank in real life, or something! I'm glad you're Amy, so the 'sister' thing was correct. Could've been another :oops: moment.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia