weather

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: weather

Post by DannyM »

touchingcloth wrote:Weather and climate are quite different beasts though. Weather forecasting in the UK is especially difficult due to our location (away from the equator, between an ocean and a continental landmass, temperature dependent on the Gulf Stream as well as the sun) - trying to model which factors are going to dominate and bring us sunshine or doom and gloom is tricky to say the least.

For Chris Booker to call the Met Office inept doesn't really capture the whole picture. For him to go further and say that they're inept because they're shills for the IPCC is verging on conspiracy-theory lunacy.
This of course is true. But then if the Met office's predictions are as you say amongst the most accurate of any meteorological organisation in the world! then it doesn't really say a lot for worldwide meteorological organisations.

I agree that it is somewhat off-key to suggest the Met Office's ineptitude lies solely with its association with the IPCC. However, my point appears confirmed: ..."computer models used to predict temperatures 100 years ahead for the IPCC have also been used to produce those weather forecasts that prove so consistently wrong." The association between these organisations is clear.

Anyway, TC, what a beautiful day today! I might put on my string vest, long grey socks, big sandles and take a deck chair down to the beach...
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
touchingcloth
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by touchingcloth »

Gorgeous day in Bristol too! Just had my lunch outside, and it's a shame that I've had to come into my office, crack my knuckles and browse the internet, erm, I mean get back to work.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

touchingcloth wrote:Gorgeous day in Bristol too! Just had my lunch outside, and it's a shame that I've had to come into my office, crack my knuckles and browse the internet, erm, I mean get back to work.
:lol: It's the getting away with it that counts...
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

oy....it's 101 here in md!!! what a difference from February1!!
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
sinnerbybirth
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by sinnerbybirth »

zoegirl wrote:oy....it's 101 here in md!!! what a difference from February1!!
Just think Zoe, in four short months Christmas stuff will fill the shelves at your local Wal-Mart. In six short months it will be Christmas Eve! ;)
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

Oh, but the saddest?!?!? In July I will start to see....<chokes>...gasp....school supplies.... :esurprised: y:O2 8-}2
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

sinnerbybirth wrote:
Just think Zoe, in four short months Christmas stuff will fill the shelves at your local Wal-Mart. In six short months it will be Christmas Eve! ;)
Wal-Mart has a sick tendency to put up the decorations for the next holiday up at midnight, right after a holiday ends. It is just sick, lol and they are getting ready to put the back to school stuff too!!!!!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
sinnerbybirth
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by sinnerbybirth »

Gabrielman wrote:
sinnerbybirth wrote:
Wal-Mart has a sick tendency to put up the decorations for the next holiday up at midnight, right after a holiday ends. It is just sick, lol and they are getting ready to put the back to school stuff too!!!!!
What about the poor kids that go to all year school. Hey Gab, I think we have a case of discrimination here. (raised eyebrow)

PS the raised eyebrow smilies puts a tired smilie up. y:-/