Awesome women ministers

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Kristoffer
Valued Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Awesome women ministers

Post by Kristoffer »

I want to hear, if Kristus ever speaks to me I will drop what I am doing and hear.

I have a hunch, when I have them I listen to them. My hunch is saying that this is worth a try. To be honest I have nothing to worry about the people in my country have no problem with religion despite their lack of it. :ewink:

Usually I claim that it is luck, my hunches have led to a bit of prosperity for myself, and a nice lovly cottage in the countryside with a nice garden ;)

How do you invite Christ, what do you do to become more acceptable for him? I already feel that I lead a good life, its just so boring...Will he make it interesting?

I am trying to keep myself all cool, but finding it hard to. :crying:
sinnerbybirth
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by sinnerbybirth »

Kristoffer wrote:I want to hear, if Kristus ever speaks to me I will drop what I am doing and hear.

I have a hunch, when I have them I listen to them. My hunch is saying that this is worth a try. To be honest I have nothing to worry about the people in my country have no problem with religion despite their lack of it. :ewink:

Usually I claim that it is luck, my hunches have led to a bit of prosperity for myself, and a nice lovly cottage in the countryside with a nice garden ;)

How do you invite Christ, what do you do to become more acceptable for him? I already feel that I lead a good life, its just so boring...Will he make it interesting?

The simplist way to have a relationship with Christ or Kristus as you put it.
Realize Christ, the son of GOD, died for your sins on the cross.
Repent or turn from your sin nature.
Ask christ to forgive you.

There is no right prayer to pray. Just ask Jesus to forgive you and to come into your life. That is the start of your walk with Christ.

Kristoffer, there is nothing more I would rather do, than to welcome you as a brother in Christ. :ebiggrin: I believe GOD is working on you now, and that is why you are asking yourself these questions.

GOD Bless you Kristoffer!
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Kristoffer wrote:
cslewislover wrote: Anyway, why are you here??...as long as you're here to learn and participate in a meaningful and respectful way. You seem completely materialistic and unwilling to even try and understand the Bible, so, why are you here?
I am here because I want to be taught,
I may seem to be entirely materialistic but have you considered where I was born? Almost 85% of people in my country are secular, it is one of the most secular places on earth. Sure Sweden is a lovely place...A beautiful, prosperous and peaceful place, Just I am not peaceful and there is some feeling really ugly in side of me. My life is very boring, I am healthy and mentally agile and financially secure and my Job even though the hours are bad the work is not too difficult, I can manage that easily...But it is just so damn boring, almost not even worth living. So that is why I am here. Is that a bad reason?

To be almost perfectly honest, I am getting really depressed and it is affecting my life in a big way.
Well I am very glad you are being honest. Myself and others have expressed why we wonder why you are here sometimes - sometimes because you come off as quite rude about our beliefs - but, after a bit I thought you were sincere in seeking something here. I accepted Christ while a mature adult, after I was bored with life too and there didn't seem like there was anything more to do that I wanted to do (sure, there were some things, but I basically lost interest . . . ). I didn't want to live anymore.

It's hard for me to say how you should do it (but listen to others here, not just me), actually, since I had gotten to a place where I had been worshiping God without knowing it (and no, I'm not going to explain it on the board), and then Jesus came to me and let me know who He was and what I was doing. If you believe that Christ is real, but maybe you have doubts about whether He rose from the dead, or any important faith issue like that, why not just ask Him? So what if you feel foolish doing it, after all, Christ is the stumbling block (and looks foolish) to many; it's a given! You seem to have contradicted yourself on the site here regarding creation. In one place, you say you can praise God for the beauty around you, yet you keep saying things that show that you don't want to believe He had anything to do with it. But if you can praise God for creation, then keep doing it. It's one way that we "see" God in the world. There is actually more that can be said about this, about how we were created to appreciate God through the beauty He made, but I won't get into that more here.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

Kristoffer wrote:I want to hear, if Kristus ever speaks to me I will drop what I am doing and hear.

Good for you kristoff...I would recommend simply reading the Bible and being open...remain here and ask us questions...
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

I do read the bible time to time, Even at my breaks at work. Which are a little long. My hours are pretty fantastic tbh. 40 Hour a week but only about 30 spent actually doing work :D

If I need a quiet place away from my work in the city, in my house in countryside...Its quite except on Sundays. A real racket brews up from the church and always wakes me up.(RING RING RING!!! goes the bell)

I really need to sort out my Garden, its kind of cool actually having one. ;)

I say i have read about 40% of the bible, some of it belongs to the time it was written. But some stands up to test of time.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Kristoffer wrote:I do read the bible time to time, Even at my breaks at work. Which are a little long. My hours are pretty fantastic tbh. 40 Hour a week but only about 30 spent actually doing work :D

If I need a quiet place away from my work in the city, in my house in countryside...Its quite except on Sundays. A real racket brews up from the church and always wakes me up.(RING RING RING!!! goes the bell)

I really need to sort out my Garden, its kind of cool actually having one. ;)

I say i have read about 40% of the bible, some of it belongs to the time it was written. But some stands up to test of time.
It really is all about You, You, You isn't it? Do you imagine anyone really cares? :lol:
-
-
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

No one cares? How nice of you to say. I never said the world revolves around me and I never wished it too. Why? Does it Spin around you? ;)
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Kristoffer wrote:No one cares? How nice of you to say. I never said the world revolves around me and I never wished it too. Why? Does it Spin around you? ;)
Oh no sir, my world spins around you - didn't you know?
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia