Geocentric

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Geocentric

Post by RickD »

Gman wrote:
RickD wrote: Gman, with the risk of playing devil's advocate, I don't believe the Earth would necessarily have to be located in the center of the Milky Way, to be in the center of the universe. The geographical center of America is in Lebanon, Kansas. But, Lebanon is not in the center of Kansas.
Well... If we are on a spiral arm of our galaxy, that moves, then the point is rather moot where the center actually is. It's not like the Lebanon, Kansas could suddenly grow legs and move to another area of the world. It wouldn't be static, just as any other star or planet in the universe.
True. And, if the universe is expanding as some of us believe, the center of the universe may always be in a different location. oops, I guess that's what you mean by it not being static.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony