What has a soul?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: What has a soul?

Post by RickD »

Tiffany Dawn wrote:Our Soul is our Mind, Will and Emotions-
Animals also have souls-They have a mind, a will and emotions-They have a personality of their own.
However, animals are not spiritual beings.

There are a lot of people that don't understand the Spirit, Soul and Body connection-The three parts of a human being-
God is Spirit and we are made in His image-
We are also a Spirit being- We are made up of three parts-Spirit, Soul and Body-
Our Spirit lives forever and will never die.
Our Soul-is our Mind, Will and Emotions-
Our physical body is like our house {aka} temple, that houses our Spirit and Soul-
Whenever the Spirit and Soul depart the physical body there is no more life contained within the physical body-For Life is in the Spirit-
Whenever the spirit and soul of mankind depart the physical body, this is called "physical death".
For those who have never been born-again they are spiritually dead-This is why they do not understand the things of the spirit and/or spiritual things-
Adam and Eve walked in the spirit until they stole the fruit off the tree that God had told them not to touch.
Our sanctification begins when the spirit of man is recreated through the new birth (John 3:3).

Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit, soul and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."
(1 Thessalonians 5:23)

"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being [nephesh – soul]."
(Genesis 2:7)

Mankind is a tri-partite being – which consist of spirit, soul and body. It is with his/her spirit that a man worships God.

Life is in the Spirit and the Spirit never dies!

I Hope this helps-
Very good points, Tiffany
I especially like this
Life is in the Spirit and the Spirit never dies!
Thats why I believe the spirit lives eternally, in one of two places. That's why I don't believe in annihilation, as opposed to eternal hell.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony