Only 2 daughters in 70 souls?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
1over137
Technical Admin
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Only 2 daughters in 70 souls?

Post by 1over137 »

Thanks Jac, interesting reading indeed.
One last thing my friend says: that in the Bible sons of Israel are mentioned for example. Like women were nothing. But right now I said to him to search for word daughters in the Bible. His first reaction was laugh saying that it is there two times or three? But now he has seen that many. His reaction? "no nech" which translates to "what though".

Edit: he just compared occurrences of son and daughters: it is 2300 vs 280. Like this was proof that women were I-do-not- know-what.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
chana
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Only 2 daughters in 70 souls?

Post by chana »

1over137 wrote:Thanks Jac, interesting reading indeed.
One last thing my friend says: that in the Bible sons of Israel are mentioned for example. Like women were nothing. But right now I said to him to search for word daughters in the Bible. His first reaction was laugh saying that it is there two times or three? But now he has seen that many. His reaction? "no nech" which translates to "what though".

Edit: he just compared occurrences of son and daughters: it is 2300 vs 280. Like this was proof that women were I-do-not- know-what.

huh. Maybe you should tell him that the christian church is considered feminine in the bible?

"This is going to come to a shock to most non-Christians (and maybe even some Christians), but God's people are referred to as female, not male. In the Old Testament, God's people are the "daughters of Zion."32 The Church or body of Christ (including us men) is referred to as the "bride" of Christ33 and God is said to be our "husband."34 Whenever referred to by sex, the Church is described as "she" or "her."35 In addition, the Greek word for church is a feminine noun.36"

(Quoted from the actual God&Science website) link http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/sexism.html