Beginners guide to evolutionary theory

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Beginners guide to evolutionary theory

Post by neo-x »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
neo-x wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:Despite how society is bombarded with evolution and despite how evolution is taught as scientific truth the fact is evolution is believed by faith to those who accept it even though they deny it. Here is what is going on they are using variations in reproduction and adaptation as evidence for evolution and this evidence is used to cover macro evolution for which there is no evidence for.Without evidence for macro evolution you have no evolution happening.Now since we Christians already have the bible to believe by faith we do not need two faiths and so evolution should be rejected. Do not take the easy way out and agree with evolution and try to make it somehow fit evolution when evolution is believed by faith.You must take the time to actually examine the evidence for evolution to realize it is faith based science and has caused many to doubt God's word even for Christians who have accepted evolution. The biblical gap theory proves you wrong about evolution and proves God's word true about there being a former world on this earth with different life in it than this world God created do not let the evidence in evolution trick you because it proves it NOT evolution. Satan is using evolution to cover up what the real evidence for an old earth the fossils,coal,oil,etc really prove.
Satan is using evolution? This kind of thinking makes me sad.
Can I ask why it makes you sad? Even if you don't know or understand or accept the gap theory like I do the bible clearly teaches us that Satan is the father of lies and he deceives us.It has happened to me before and it can happen to you.perhaps the gap theory is true like I believe it is then it would be true that those who accepted evolution would be wrong and deceived about the evidence in this earth.You can choose to look at the evidence in the earth and interpret the evidence in it from an evolution perspective or you could look at it from a gap theory perspective like I do.Regardless evolution has not been proven
true and it is faith based science and I would reject evolution based on the evidence I have seen even if I was not a Christian.It is a shame it is taught as the truth like it is when not one scientist has ever proven or demonstrated life evolves like they teach it.It is not much different than a preacher preaching about Jesus and salvation.
Hi, I will respond later but for now I would just say that I was a initially a YEC and then a gap theorist and I am not convinced of it any more, simply because the evidence is too too much to deny.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

neo-x wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
neo-x wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:Despite how society is bombarded with evolution and despite how evolution is taught as scientific truth the fact is evolution is believed by faith to those who accept it even though they deny it. Here is what is going on they are using variations in reproduction and adaptation as evidence for evolution and this evidence is used to cover macro evolution for which there is no evidence for.Without evidence for macro evolution you have no evolution happening.Now since we Christians already have the bible to believe by faith we do not need two faiths and so evolution should be rejected. Do not take the easy way out and agree with evolution and try to make it somehow fit evolution when evolution is believed by faith.You must take the time to actually examine the evidence for evolution to realize it is faith based science and has caused many to doubt God's word even for Christians who have accepted evolution. The biblical gap theory proves you wrong about evolution and proves God's word true about there being a former world on this earth with different life in it than this world God created do not let the evidence in evolution trick you because it proves it NOT evolution. Satan is using evolution to cover up what the real evidence for an old earth the fossils,coal,oil,etc really prove.
Satan is using evolution? This kind of thinking makes me sad.
Can I ask why it makes you sad? Even if you don't know or understand or accept the gap theory like I do the bible clearly teaches us that Satan is the father of lies and he deceives us.It has happened to me before and it can happen to you.perhaps the gap theory is true like I believe it is then it would be true that those who accepted evolution would be wrong and deceived about the evidence in this earth.You can choose to look at the evidence in the earth and interpret the evidence in it from an evolution perspective or you could look at it from a gap theory perspective like I do.Regardless evolution has not been proven
true and it is faith based science and I would reject evolution based on the evidence I have seen even if I was not a Christian.It i s a shame it is taught as the truth like it is when not one scientist has ever proven or demonstrated life evolves like they teach it.It is not much different than a preacher preaching about Jesus and salvation.
Hi, I will respond later but for now I would just say that I was a initially a YEC and then a gap theorist and I am not convinced of it any more, simply because the evidence is too too much to deny.

It does seem like the evidence is too much to deny when it comes to evolution and it makes us think we might as well shut-up and accept it.But I won't for one because no where in the bible does it tell us life evolves and second the evidence is really weak for evolution even though there is a lot of so called evidence to wade through at the end of the day though I know adaptation is not life evolving with life adapting it remains the same kind of life but not if it evolves,if it evolved it would become a different kind of life like they teach but this has never been observed or demonstrated by any scientist.But also I actually see one of many bible prophecies fulfilled when I read 2nd Peter 3-7 and we can actually see Christians being mocked and it is because of evolution based on " since the fathers died all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation and this is exactly what evolution teaches and we Christians are being mocked because of it.There is no other example we can see except for evolution which does teach " since the fathers died all things continue since the beginning of the creation,it has to be evolution and we actually see it happening thus God's word is proven true but this means evolution is wrong teaching " since the fathers died all things continue as they were since the beginning of the creation" this is wrong thinking and Peyer goes on to tell us why it is.So do we believe God or man? I believe Christians don't have the guts to stand up to evolution but I think we should and with the gap theory we could.If people like John Lennox can defeat evolutionists in a debate without even bringing up Genesis 1 we could.evolution is like a giant and we are David is the way I see it.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
....So do we believe God or man? ...
It sounds like you're saying if anyone believes in any kind of evolution, he believes man. And only if one believes in the gap theory, does one believe God.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Can you tell me, in your own words, what is evolution?
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
....So do we believe God or man? ...
It sounds like you're saying if anyone believes in any kind of evolution, he believes man. And only if one believes in the gap theory, does one believe God.
No I am not saying that at all I am just explaining why I reject evolution and explaining that I believe the evidence in the earth backs up a former world existing that perished which is contrary to what evolution teaches based on the evidence in the earth.Scientists look at everything from an evolution perspective and yet they have never even proven or demonstrated life evolves.Is it OK to teach that apes evolved over time to be the men in this world when it cannot be demonstrated? Honest evolutionists will admit that it cannot be observed because it happens over millions of years which means it is faith based science that will never be proven yet we are supposed to believe them by faith it happened.And yet everything in the earth is looked at from an evolution point of view.Evolution is secular man- made science they don't consider the bible in the science lab or the gap theory.Just because I reject evolution based on the evidence does not in Noway mean I'm questioning some bodies salvation.I'm trying to discuss these issues without being divisive because we are brothers in Christ if we've been saved by Jesus.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

PaulSacramento wrote:Can you tell me, in your own words, what is evolution?
Evolution is supposed to be change over time however the evidence does not back this up from my research on it.Is variation in reproduction evolution? Reproduction?Is life adapting life evolving?Because when I look at the evidence I expect to see evidence life evolves and yet in every case it is just reproduction or adaptation.Now I do not deny that life reproduces or that life can adapt as we can actually see and observe this but I want to see evidence life evolves.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Atheists will reject Jesus and salvation by faith and say that faith is a lousy excuse,they'll reject that preacher preaching about Jesus and salvation yet believe in science class by faith that dinosaurs evolved to be birds and apes evolved to be man,they'll go back millions of years by faith to believe dinosaurs evolved to be birds which they did not see,yet reject and in some cases deny Jesus walked this earth 2000 years ago.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

If I'm wrong then I want to know how.If theistic evolution is the truth then those who believe it can explain to me why I should accept it.Why should I as a Christian accept evolution and make it fit the bible? How do you see evolution in the bible? If you are a theistic evolutionist who is offended by me rejecting evolution then explain to me why I'm wrong.I'm not trying to offend you at all and these issues need to be discussed as brothers in Christ.

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Hi ACB,

First of all I am not offended. I respect other beliefs.
it makes us think we might as well shut-up and accept it.But I won't for one because no where in the bible does it tell us life evolves and second the evidence is really weak for evolution even though there is a lot of so called evidence to wade through at the end of the day though I know adaptation is not life evolving with life adapting it remains the same kind of life but not if it evolves,if it evolved it would become a different kind of life like they teach but this has never been observed or demonstrated by any scientist
Because you are looking for the wrong evidence. In one respect you are asking for the same kind of evidence an atheist would ask from us...show me God, and we can't show God, we can only point to the hundreds of evidences we have. And similarly to see evolution you need to see DNA, and a lot of other genetic evidences...once you see that, evolution becomes easier to understand, without anyone witnessing it over a million years of time.
Scientists look at everything from an evolution perspective and yet they have never even proven or demonstrated life evolves.
No one needs to do it the way you think it should be done, like mating a croc and a duck and getting a crocaduck or mating flies and then expecting a cow to come out of it. search my old threads on evolution and you will see in detail as I have addressed statements like yours before.
Is it OK to teach that apes evolved over time to be the men in this world when it cannot be demonstrated?
See the information you have is quite wrong, apes didn't evolve into man, apes and man had a common ancestor (which was not ape nor man). Can you see the difference in these two statements and can you tell me if it affects your view in any way? Thanks.
Honest evolutionists will admit that it cannot be observed because it happens over millions of years which means it is faith based science that will never be proven yet we are supposed to believe them by faith it happened.
Honest evolutionists will also tell you that it doesn't need to be observed, you only need to see the genetics, which is observable and the rest is pretty much straight.
Evolution is supposed to be change over time however the evidence does not back this up from my research on it.
May I ask broadly speaking what are the sources you have read on this or in any other material you got your research from. I am interested to know where are you getting your research from, as that is crucial, many out there just demon-ize evolution, including some famous Christian apologetics websites.
Is life adapting life evolving?Because when I look at the evidence I expect to see evidence life evolves and yet in every case it is just reproduction or adaptation.
What is your expectation? can you be clear about that? Lets say I give you a bunch brown bears and send you over to the Arctic? How do you think evolution or reproduction/adaptation should happen? what would be the result?
If you are a theistic evolutionist who is offended by me rejecting evolution then explain to me why I'm wrong.I'm not trying to offend you at all and these issues need to be discussed as brothers in Christ.
You are also a brother to me and I am not offended, I am only trying to make things clear, as how I see them. Thanks.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Because you are looking for the wrong evidence. In one respect you are asking for the same kind of evidence an atheist would ask from us...show me God, and we can't show God, we can only point to the hundreds of evidences we have. And similarly to see evolution you need to see DNA, and a lot of other genetic evidences...once you see that, evolution becomes easier to understand, without anyone witnessing it over a million years of time

I am asking for evidence life evolves especially since it is taught as scientific truth in society.If genetics and DNA proves life evolves then why not just present it as evidence?It does not matter to you that they teach macroevolution is true and yet when you look at all of the evidence that is supposed to prove it you only see reproduction or life adapting and this is used as evidence.So because they have evidence for micro evolution you accept macro too?If evolution is true then scientists should be able to demonstrate it happens and yet evidence for micro is all they have.What is micro- evolution to you?Because all it really is is variations in reproduction which nobody denies.If you believe life evolves and want to teach it as scientific truth then it is up to you to demonstrate it.Like I said before without evidence for macro- evolution you only see either variations in reproduction or life adapting to survive hostile environments yet remaining the same kind of life from fruit flies,viruses,bacteria,frogs,salamanders,etc. Look up the scientific definitions for evolution,micro evolution,macro evolution and natural selection and then look at fruit flies,viruses,bacteria,frogs,salamanders,etc and you'll see that the evidence does not back up their own definitions.Know this right now I don' t have access to my computer where I have all of my links to scientific web-sights that believe,promote and support evolution so I'm going from memory right now.
No one needs to do it the way you think it should be done, like mating a croc and a duck and getting a crocaduck or mating flies and then expecting a cow to come out of it. search my old threads on evolution and you will see in detail as I have addressed statements like yours before
Come on that is not at all what I think the fact is evolution teaches things like dinosaurs evolved over time to be birds and yet you are implying it is silly to accept something like that to which I agree.Where is the evidence that demonstrate a dinosaur can evolve over time to become a bird?Is it genetics and DNA?No if life evolves it could and should be demonstrated by scientists who believe it but they can't do it and have'nt.You are believing them tell you it evolved more than their evidence shows or demonstrates.And yet all of the evidence that has been discovered in the earth is looked at from a secular man- made evolution theory that cannot and has not been demonstrated
See the information you have is quite wrong, apes didn't evolve into man, apes and man had a common ancestor (which was not ape nor man). Can you see the difference in these two statements and can you tell me if it affects your view in any way? Thanks
Yes technically you are right about them teaching apes and man had a common ancestor that evolved to be man over time but I have seen indoctrination where your watching a show on a science channel and they'll show and ape and monkeys and then imply man evolved from them.
May I ask broadly speaking what are the sources you have read on this or in any other material you got your research from. I am interested to know where are you getting your research from, as that is crucial, many out there just demon-ize evolution, including some famous Christian apologetics websites.
I get my info about evolution from scientific web sights and links to them from atheists I have discussed this with.I do research on them because I'm trying to find more evidence to back up the gap theory that I believe is true.If you were a former gap theorist then you should know and understand that before Charles Darwin wrote his book " On the origin of species" it was old earth gap theory being preached in Christian churches with them teaching the earth is old and teaching how the evidence in the earth confirmed and proved the bible true about there being a former world on this earth that perished until God restored the earth in Genesis 1 and created this world

And many souls were won to Jesus but this all changed after Charles Darwin's book came out and evolution became so popular.modern science was started by Christians but the evidence for an old earth,the fossils,evidence in the earth that proved the gap theory true was hijacked away and made to fit into evolution and so the truth is it was evolution that was made to fit the scientific evidence,not the gap theory.And yet after 150 years of evolution it still has never been demonstrated life evolves and so the gap theory is still as true as before Charles Darwin.YEC did not become so popular until about the 1970's but up until the 1950's the gap theory was still being preached in many christian churches in both america and Europe this is not well known about today.

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

If you have the time please go through this thread here Evolution - Resource Thread

It has many peer reviewed papers published on the topic, proving evolution and many helpful sites, articles etc.

I am afraid I can't be convinced that the evidence of evolution was hijacked to throw away gap theory. Genetics has nothing to do with it.
Yes technically you are right about them teaching apes and man had a common ancestor that evolved to be man over time but I have seen indoctrination where your watching a show on a science channel and they'll show and ape and monkeys and then imply man evolved from them.
Please, again you show misinformed opinion...please see bolded. When we say man or ape or common ancestor, we are talking about populations as a whole. That ancestor (population) never evolved into man...one of the base rules of evolution are that whole populations evolve, not a single individual. That ancestor population died and their offspring further down the line evolved into humans and apes. Its not the case that the ancestor of both man and ape, which was nor man or ape, was a single creature who popped out both of the species.
Come on that is not at all what I think the fact is evolution teaches things like dinosaurs evolved over time to be birds and yet you are implying it is silly to accept something like that to which I agree
It is silly. Its only dumbed down by media for masses. If you read properly you will find that birds are the descendants of some dinosaurs, as they have evolved over time. Please see article, published in Science, Sustained miniaturization and anatomical innovation in the dinosaurian ancestors of birds
Is it genetics and DNA?No if life evolves it could and should be demonstrated by scientists who believe it but they can't do it and have'nt.
It is demonstrated via genes, DNA etc. You don't even need the fossils. The mechanisms for evolution, random mutation, natural selection, adaptation are all observable, verified mechanisms and in the long run they produce what we see around. We have DNA evidence to back that up.

What does gap theory have?

without.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Neo-x

We may not agree about this but don't let it divide us as Christians.I don't know you but I have prayed for you and your family so even if we can't agree on this I hope it won't divide us as we probably agree on most things as Christians.

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

abelcainsbrother wrote:Neo-x

We may not agree about this but don't let it divide us as Christians.I don't know you but I have prayed for you and your family so even if we can't agree on this I hope it won't divide us as we probably agree on most things as Christians.
Ofcourse ACB, and thank you for your prayers.

without.

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Neo you are skimming over a fact that is true you can believe all you want to by faith that dinosaurs evolved to be birds but know that you must believe it by faith in order to believe it as there is no evidence in evolution that demonstrates life evolves.You look at viruses,bacteria,frogs,salamanders,etc and believe they evolved and yet none of them evolved at all,you are saying they did but they have not evolved at all as they are still viruses,bacteria,salamanders,frogs,etc and have not evolved yet you see them evolving when they didn't at all.And yet you see things that are not there and must imagine things that are not observed by the evidence you believe proves it.But you can fool people by bombarding them with so much evidence that does not prove your beliefs.Stop looking at everything from an evolution perspective when you see a dinosaur or primate know it was living in the former world and died and this is all the evidence proves.You cannot deny this fact. Do you see how you prove things true?

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Something else that seems to be overlooked is whether or not you believe the earth is old or young if you are a Christian who claims to believe the bible then how do you ignore 2nd Peter 3-7 because Peter makes it clear that since genesis 1:1 it has not gone on since the beginning of the creation.God's word says you are ignorant or naive about the destruction of the heavens and this earth and it tells us the world perished in water and we have comets that prove it,both the heavens and the earth were flooded and comets in outer space prove it as there is way more water in outer space then what is on this earth.The point is that the former world perished in water and all things have not gone on for millions of years like science because of evolution teaches us.

So even if you believe life evolves there was still a gap or a time when all life died for a period of time.I happen to believe the former world fully perished at the ice age until God created this world because in Jeremiah it tells us God turned the sun off in the flood or destruction this would cause the earth to freeze and we have woolly mammoths with food still in their mouth frozen solid which shows us what would happen if God turned the sun off and flooded the heavens and earth with water.Know that this did not happen in Noah's flood and is not going to happen in the future as life will still be here when Jesus returns as lions will lay down with lambs.
,evolution may teach that for millions of years life has always been here and it has gone on since the beginning to us Christians it would be Genesis 1:1 but it hasn't if you believe the bible.