Bodies of three kidnapped Israeli teens found in West Bank

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Bodies of three kidnapped Israeli teens found in West Ba

Post by neo-x »

The Bible clearly states that Jerusalem and it's people will always be forever.

1 Chronicles 23:25 For David had said, “Since the LORD, the God of Israel, has granted rest to his people and has come to dwell in Jerusalem forever,”

Psalm 137:5-6 If I forget you, Jerusalem may my right hand wither away! 6 May my tongue stick to the roof of my mouth if I fail to remember you, if I fail to count Yerushalayim the greatest of all my joys.

Isaiah 49:14-16 “But Tziyon says, ‘ADONAI has abandoned me, Adonai has forgotten me.’ 15 Can a woman forget her child at the breast, not show pity on the child from her womb?
Even if these were to forget, I would not forget you. 16 I have engraved you on the palms of my hands, your walls are always before me.”

And Christ said very clearly..

Matthew 5:17-19, “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”
This is hyperbole + weak eiogesis. Look at the first line I bolded. That is the old covenant. Only Israel, only them...what about the rest?...by the way have you ever wondered why no prophecy is for the people of Australia?

The New covenant says:
FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD...SO THAT WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM HAS EVERLASTING LIFE. In other words...LIVE FOREVER.
That is completely wrong. Jewish people have been living in the land if Israel for thousands of years. Even after their expulsion by the Romans in 70 AD. Also they are recognized by the UN as a legitimate country.
U.N has nothing to do with anything. God's plan is to not grant land to Israel any more. Israel needs to be redeemed and that is a spiritual thing. Ever wondered why a new Jerusalem is promised? Why can't use the current one? because it has drank the blood of millions. I'd be appalled if God gave it as a souvenir to Israel.

That land wasn't Israel's, Israel warred and invaded to get that land, so be under no pretence here. Jacob was't born with Title deeds to that land.

I am not against Israel having land but as I said before its war and fight and bullets and gun. people dying on both sides...all because of land. I don't consider it holy and I don't consider it the hand of God guiding anything.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

neo-x wrote: This is hyperbole + weak eiogesis. Look at the first line I bolded. That is the old covenant. Only Israel, only them...what about the rest?...by the way have you ever wondered why no prophecy is for the people of Australia?
Matthew 5:17-19 is clearly in the NT. Also the new covenant or "renewed covenant" never replaced the convents found in the Tanach or as you call Old Testament. The NT and OT are one of the same. You will never find a verse in the NT that now states that the commandments given by Moshe have now been replaced.
neo-x wrote:The New covenant says:
FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD...SO THAT WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM HAS EVERLASTING LIFE. In other words...LIVE FOREVER.
Christ also said this too...

Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
U.N has nothing to do with anything. God's plan is to not grant land to Israel any more. Israel needs to be redeemed and that is a spiritual thing. Ever wondered why a new Jerusalem is promised? Why can't use the current one? because it has drank the blood of millions.
The Jewish people were given that land by the UN after the holocaust when millions of Jews were killed and their synagogues and homes burnt to the ground (and strangely a lot of this was done by Christians). The Jewish people did not take that land by force. Also in many cases the Jewish people were forced to live in Israel. In many places they were the majority of the population anyway even after the fall of the Ottoman empire. So no they did not take it by force, many were pushed there and then were forced to defend it.
neo-x wrote:I'd be appalled if God gave it as a souvenir to Israel.
The Jewish people were always the indigenous people of Israel.. In fact the Bible even records the Israelis even paying for parts of the land.

2 Samuel 24:24 But the king said to Aravnah, “No; I insist on buying it from you at a price. I refuse to offer to ADONAI my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing.” So David bought the threshing-floor and the oxen for one-and-a-quarter pounds of silver shekels.

Genesis 33:18-20 Having traveled from Paddan-Aram, Ya‘akov arrived safely at the city of Sh’khem, in Kena‘an, and set up camp near the city. 19 From the sons of Hamor Sh’khem’s father he bought for one hundred pieces of silver the parcel of land where he had pitched his tent. 20 There he put up an altar, which he called El-Elohei-Yisra’el [God, the God of Isra’el].
neo-x wrote:IThat land wasn't Israel's, Israel warred and invaded to get that land, so be under no pretence here. Jacob was't born with Title deeds to that land.
Actually the Bible records just the opposite.

Genesis 50:24 Then Joseph said to his brothers, “I am about to die. But God will surely come to your aid and take you up out of this land to the land he promised on oath to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.”

1 Chronicles 16:15-18 He remembers his covenant forever, the promise he made, for a thousand generations, 16 the covenant he made with Abraham, the oath he swore to Isaac. 17 He confirmed it to Jacob as a decree, to Israel as an everlasting covenant: 18 “To you I will give the land of Canaan as the portion you will inherit.”
neo-x wrote:I am not against Israel having land but as I said before its war and fight and bullets and gun. people dying on both sides...all because of land. I don't consider it holy and I don't consider it the hand of God guiding anything.
If you choose to curse Israel and it's people then that is your choice, but I pray that your eyes will be opened...

Blessings.. y@};-
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

I gotta say that God DID give Israel it's Promised Land FOREVER. But God views no individual Jew, spiritually speaking, any differently than He does any other man of any other nationality. The NEW Israel is the Church of Christ, a body of all believers from all nations (see Revelation). Anyone not holding individuals or nations to the same standards of God is just wrong. And God has been the first to step out and brutally assess the sins of Israel. God sees sins and unbelief in ALL peoples equally. HIS people include far more than just a nationality. So whenever one legitimately criticizes Israel and they are implied to be anti-semetic for doing so - well, that's just wrong. And not one Jew who doesn't eventually embrace Jesus will be saved. Period! God's criteria for salvation doesn't change for either individual nations or people. Those Jews who will eventually be saved WILL become believers in Christ. The hatred in much of Israel for those surrounding her are virtually ancient. And the same for those surrounding her. These haters are ALL deluded by the devil. They ALL are made in God's image and are in desperate need of faith in Christ. But just because there ARE ancient, convenant relationships with Israel doesn't mean she is to get a free pass on what God requires of ALL peoples.

But as for the land, WHOSE land was it to for God to give to begin with? GOD'S! Who had the right to tell Israel to subdue and run out the people's previously in the land? GOD! Who became angry when Israel didn't complete the mission? GOD! But did God not also love those people (the heathens of the land) and want them to repent as well - surely He DID! But God well foreknew who would and who wouldn't. And so we must distinguish between those presently part of secular, unbelieving Israel and those Jews who will eventually come to the Messiah. Only the LATTER will be saved. And I'm sure the process that will involve will be absolutely terrifying for many Jews.

My point is that arguments over Israel's land rights and who can be rightly criticized all have important nuances. And certainly, those surrounding Israel that hate her, want to see her destroyed, that continue to follow the demonic cult of Islam, will all be destroyed. And it's true, you can't make peace with people that are determined to work for and continue to desire your total annilation. And many naive people only see Israel's sins, while having no understanding of the history of the land or God's promises that are tied to it.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

If you choose to curse Israel
On suggestion of a very dear friend, who was right about this, I have edited my words. This is going nowhere.

I have never cursed anyone in my life.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com