Please help me understand Jesus - the man

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Please help me understand Jesus - the man

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote:
Storyteller wrote:You made me cry again :)
I guess what they say about women hanging out together, and Aunt Betty.

Nessa and Storyteller seem to get emotional around the same times every month. y:-? :redcard: :slol:
Whos (note no apostrophe) Aunt Betty? :mrgreen:

Im always emotional.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Bluejay4
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Bluejay4 »

Jesus was quite a witty man, occasionally even dropping some dark humor. God definitely understands laughter and humor, he also feels anger and sadness like the rest of us. Jesus also went to parties and other mundane things as well.
“I fear no man. If you breathe oxygen, I do not fear you.” – Conor McGregor

"Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" - Psalms 27:1
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Bluejay4 wrote:Jesus was quite a witty man, occasionally even dropping some dark humor. God definitely understands laughter and humor, he also feels anger and sadness like the rest of us. Jesus also went to parties and other mundane things as well.
Wouldnt rick.think.jesus the ultimate effiminate guy with all those feelings? ;)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
Bluejay4 wrote:Jesus was quite a witty man, occasionally even dropping some dark humor. God definitely understands laughter and humor, he also feels anger and sadness like the rest of us. Jesus also went to parties and other mundane things as well.
Wouldnt rick.think.jesus the ultimate effiminate guy with all those feelings? ;)
You really want me to say that Jesus was effeminate? :shock:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
You really want me to say that Jesus was effeminate? :shock:
Oh alright, stick to picking on kurieuo then :P
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

I wrote the following 'lullaby' the other day.

It is spoken by Jesus (not actually but you know what I mean) to his disciples on the night before the cross. There are three scriptures that I have used:

Matthew 26:40
Zephaniah 3:17
Psalm 139:18

I just felt like God impress upon me that he has a 'lullaby' for us in our dark times. I think of what ST has shared with us publically about struggles. What 1lover is going through with her husband. And I believe God wants to comfort us like a baby/mother sorta comfort and also as the lover of our souls.

If the disciples had not of fallen asleep, what would Jesus have said to them? Maybe he would of just simply said 'I love you'

Gethsemane's Lullaby
geth poem.jpg
geth poem.jpg (73.68 KiB) Viewed 4040 times
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Did you write that?

It is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

It was me,

Just want to believe Jesus really feels this way about us

Thanks, ST xo
y>:D< y@};-
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Yes, He does.

And, youre welcome, it really is beautiful.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

Having a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. That is really the 'inner' answer.

I've had somewhat the same 'problem' -- even though I'm a born-again believer -- I'd like to be able to have a flesh and blood human being to spend time with.

And as has been shared -- Jesus Christ came here to have a short public ministry - showing the Father through Himself -- He came to die and rise again bodily for All of us. It's His gift of eternal salvation. That a person needs to accept personally.
And we Do have the Holy Spirit -- Jesus said He had to ascend back to heaven so the Holy Spirit could come to indwell each believer.
And we Do 'meet' Jesus / get to know Him Through the New Testament. We Need to spend time with Him in order To get to know Him better.
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Nessa wrote:He always sounds just so proper like. I want to see him smiling, laughing. Having fun too.
Try Mt 19:13-15
P.S. Children don't go near dead serious people. :D
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
Vergil
Established Member

Post by Vergil »

Nessa wrote:It was me,

Just want to believe Jesus really feels this way about us

Thanks, ST xo
y>:D< y@};-
He does, and his Love and with the Father, their love is both overwhelming
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
- Jesus Christ

Disappointment is inevitable. But to become discouraged, there's a choice I make. God would never discourage me. He would always point me to himself to trust him. Therefore, my discouragement is from Satan. As you go through the emotions that we have, hostility is not from God, bitterness, unforgiveness, all of these are attacks from Satan.
- Charles Stanley
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Trying to get my head and heart around Jesus being 'constant'

I once read someone say something like God is like that guy who promises to call but never does.

And even though I feel that is true in my experience, my experience doesnt define who God is.

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Nessa: Trying to get my head and heart around Jesus being 'constant'

I once read someone say something like God is like that guy who promises to call but never does.

And even though I feel that is true in my experience, my experience doesnt define who God is.
So, true, Ness - our experience is so limited, our perceptions often so clueless. When one reads Scripture, we sometimes forget that miracles are very sporadic. Direct communications with God, for the most part, were atypical, and even when they did occur, at times were many years apart. How many years did Israel go without a prophet that communicated with God or dispensed His words to the people, at the end of the Old Testament period, after Malachi 4:6? What must they have thought with 400+ years of "radio silence?" How many years of silence between Joseph death and Moses? What must the Jews thought during these communication droughts? Since the 1st century - going onward to 2,000 years of no DIRECT communications to the masses (yes, God's Spirit does speak to us, still). Yet, His written word is LIVING and constant. But, I guess, we always desire specific answers or knowledge about key questions we have that often don't seem clear to us. And even during times when God communicated directly with His prophets, judges and kings, I'm sure the average Jew had many of the same desires and frustrations that we do - "If He would only just explain about or tell me what to do about this or that..."
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Philip wrote:
Nessa: Trying to get my head and heart around Jesus being 'constant'

So, true, Ness - our experience is so limited, our perceptions often so clueless. When one reads Scripture, we sometimes forget that miracles are very sporadic. Direct communications with God, for the most part, were atypical, and even when they did occur, at times were many years apart. How many years did Israel go without a prophet that communicated with God or dispensed His words to the people, at the end of the Old Testament period, after Malachi 4:6? What must they have thought with 400+ years of "radio silence?" How many years of silence between Joseph death and Moses? What must the Jews thought during these communication droughts? Since the 1st century - going onward to 2,000 years of no DIRECT communications to the masses (yes, God's Spirit does speak to us, still). Yet, His written word is LIVING and constant. But, I guess, we always desire specific answers or knowledge about key questions we have that often don't seem clear to us. And even during times when God communicated directly with His prophets, judges and kings, I'm sure the average Jew had many of the same desires and frustrations that we do - "If He would only just explain about or tell me what to do about this or that..."
Complain. For you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiew86NaI
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.