ISLAM In Brief

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

:!:
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

The bible begins with the creation of the universe, not Jesus.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Beena wrote:Part of what you say is true but part of it is not. You seem illogical where you talk about, "God of the Bible." If you believe in God then you believe that God existed before humans were born because He would create them. So if, "God of the Bible" only existed after Christ then how come all those human beings were there before Christ? And how could Christ in Himself be there? Because that would mean they were created by a God either not a God of the Bible or not created by God at all. Then who created them?
Who said God only existed after Christ? I didn't. God is, always has been, and always will be. Who created God? Nobody. He has always been.

Are you a Christian Beena?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deborah
Christian: No

Post by Deborah »

The god of the Christian and the Jew is the same God.
Probably the Islamic God is also the same. But other religions books to do stand up to the scruteny of science, history ect, that the bible does.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deborah
Christian: No

Post by Deborah »

Translator needed in sarsasm please!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Beena, why question the Bible? Tell me why? Perhaps I should link you to this thread I made ---> http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... .php?t=332

If you have a beef with God, then don't accept him, there is a God and you should know that. With that, God is MUCH MUCH more smarter than us human beings and he only sent his work to be done in the Bible the way we can interpret it. It is true the Bible doesn't explain HOW life came into existance and other stuff, which science is discovering, but that shouldn't shake your faith if you have any.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Some people before Jesus, in my opinion, have unconsciously done the will of God throughout Gentile lands. But anything after Him is a direct contradiction and unacceptable. In addition, while I accept that another religion's gods may exist(ed) in some shape or form, they are unworthy of worship as their power is finite.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Beena wrote:There is one God and He sends messengers wherever there is violence on earth. In the Hindu religion, Krishna and Rama came during The Great War - Mahabhaarat, Christ came among the Jews when they got out of hand and were violent, Mohammed came when the muslims fought wars, right? So, God is just one God, God of the Bible, God of Islam or Allah or Khuda, God of Hindus like Krishna, God of Jews like Yahweh, etcetera, are all representations of just one supreme God!
There is one God, but each religion says something very different about God, and therefore all religions can't be right. Perhaps it is more true, all religions contain truth, however, the one truth Christians claim can't be dropped is that Christ is God, and that God's desires were therefore conveyed through Christ. So any religion that differs to what Christ portrayed is wrong according to Christians who take their faith seriously.

As Thomas Schultz notes: "Not one recognized religious leader, not Moses, Paul, Buddha, Mohammed, Confucius, etc., has ever claimed to be god; that is, with the exception of Jesus Christ. Christ is the only religious leader who has ever claimed to be deity and the only individual ever who has convinced a great portion of the world that He is God." (http://www.godandscience.org/discovery/chapter3.html)

Some other pages that might be of interest are:
- Nothing Unique About the Teachings of Jesus Christ?
- Jesus and the Gurus

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Beena wrote:MY DEAR, science cannot explain the existence of God or life, only God can explain His own existence because God creates science.
Isn't it possible that God could explain things about Himself through His creation? Thus, science could point to the existence of God, and it could also reveal certain qualities about God, to those that listen and see. So, I see no reason why God wouldn't explain Himself through His creation?

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Deborah wrote:The god of the Christian and the Jew is the same God.
Probably the Islamic God is also the same. But other religions books to do stand up to the scruteny of science, history ect, that the bible does.
All I am saying is Muhammad was not inspired by God. He was inspired by a "being" who claimed to be God's messenger (Gabriel). That being was a satanic being or Satan himself.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.