Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
zlecapitaine
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by zlecapitaine »

Oi oi!

Hey, i found the site looking for evidence for a pro-creation school report, and since I really enjoyed reading it all, i decided it couldn't hurt to check out the forums...

I might partake in some of the discussion, or i might wither away to just reading stuff. Either way, hi : )
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

wELCOME!!! HOpe you decide to stick around!

Is this a public school?
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
zlecapitaine
Newbie Member

Post by zlecapitaine »

Yea, but it wasn't that it was a "pro-creation essay", we were allowed to pick our topic. I was the only one in my class (and in the last couple years, as far as i know) that took a pro-creation stance. A few did pro-evolution/anti-creation, but most did things like animal abuse and the Iraq war. The official assignment was a Persuasive Essay, or something along those lines.

Mine came out to 20 pages with 14 font :D
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Wow!
rodyshusband
Established Member

Post by rodyshusband »

Please keep us posted regarding the results of your presentation. It will be interesting to hear about the reactions. You are in my prayers.
zlecapitaine wrote:Yea, but it wasn't that it was a "pro-creation essay", we were allowed to pick our topic. I was the only one in my class (and in the last couple years, as far as i know) that took a pro-creation stance. A few did pro-evolution/anti-creation, but most did things like animal abuse and the Iraq war. The official assignment was a Persuasive Essay, or something along those lines.

Mine came out to 20 pages with 14 font :D
“Christianity provides a unified answer for the whole of life.” -- Francis Schaeffer
zlecapitaine
Newbie Member

Post by zlecapitaine »

actually, this was a couple months ago, and i got it back a few weeks ago. I got an A on it, the official score was something like 67 out of 69. Unfortunately, after we all turned out reports in and got them back, it was done with. She didn't read any out loud or use any people's examples. I wish she would have, though, (she meaning the teacher) because i think i did a really good job, (i still have it saved on my computer, if anyone wanted it in email or anything...but it IS really long) and there were some kids i would have liked to see there responses to it.
rodyshusband
Established Member

Post by rodyshusband »

I would enjoy reading it. Please feel free to e-mail it to me at http://www.rodyshusband@yahoo.com

I am pleased to hear the teavcher did not dismiss your assignment selection! Great!
Thanks!
zlecapitaine wrote:thanks :)

actually, this was a couple months ago, and i got it back a few weeks ago. I got an A on it, the official score was something like 67 out of 69. Unfortunately, after we all turned out reports in and got them back, it was done with. She didn't read any out loud or use any people's examples. I wish she would have, though, (she meaning the teacher) because i think i did a really good job, (i still have it saved on my computer, if anyone wanted it in email or anything...but it IS really long) and there were some kids i would have liked to see there responses to it.
“Christianity provides a unified answer for the whole of life.” -- Francis Schaeffer
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

HI everyone. Some of you have encountered me already, and since you liked my Doctor Who avatar and seemed to like talking about him, I thought I'd test out my signature image here. Someone posted it on photobucket, and I may not keep it for long, but it's funny, eh?

Yay for you, capitaine person!
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Ah, I like David Tennant better but yes that's cool
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

David Tennant acts a bit more eccentric, so it's fun. But I think part of it is the writing. After watching all of Season 3 recently (by renting), we went back and watched parts of Season 1. I was surprised at how different they were. Season one is quite emotional in many ways. Season two is too, but season three, to me, is much more suspenseful and much less emotional. Anyway, yeah, David is a really great Doctor.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

I was surprised to see the writers addressing the romantic entanglements of the women companions.

Martha actually decideded to leave him because she could see where it was heading. And they actually brought back Mary Jane for one episode, showing the bittersweet reunion.

But his quirkyness is great
Yisrael
Newbie Member

Post by Yisrael »

Hello,
My name is Brian Phillips I am from Richmond/Centerville area of Indiana. I have a beauitful wife her name is Scheleta and 4 boys 1 girl and 1 on the way (so keep us in your prayers). Can't wait to get to know some of you and to have wonderful discussions about our wonderful God.

May God Bless You all, Brian
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Yisrael wrote:Hello,
My name is Brian Phillips I am from Richmond/Centerville area of Indiana. I have a beauitful wife her name is Scheleta and 4 boys 1 girl and 1 on the way (so keep us in your prayers). Can't wait to get to know some of you and to have wonderful discussions about our wonderful God.

Hi Brian and welcome to the board.

May I suggest a TV or 2. Just kidding - I come from a big family of 6 siblings too. Feel free to look around and jump right in.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Welcome Brian,

I have 4 boys and a girl too. We're not adding another however unless God performs a miracle :mrgreen:

Glad you are here.

Bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
rodyshusband
Established Member

Post by rodyshusband »

Welcome, Brian!
This is an invaluable web site! May you be richly blessed here!